LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 2 2019

squadi

Terranet Agogo

So I saw a post on facebook from terranet about their "agogo" service for gamers. So apparently its Wireless microwave internet(I think), and I was wondering if anyone has experience with it.

#2 February 2 2019

Aly

Re: Terranet Agogo

I saw it on facebook as well, went to their website and couldnt find any plans or pricing, even though i dont want to subscribe or change my isp, but i am also interested to know what offers they are providing to gamers.

#3 February 4 2019

dio

squadi wrote:

So I saw a post on facebook from terranet about their "agogo" service for gamers. So apparently its Wireless microwave internet(I think), and I was wondering if anyone has experience with it.

It's not cheap. From what I know there are 2 package types, dedicated and undedicated. Both provide stable ping (~60) for gamers while the dedicated one gives you a consistent download/upload speed. Most internet gaming cafes use Microwave as it's the most stable for mass usage.

One-time installation fee is something between $300-$400 and the monthly fees are around ~$150-$200. This is just from my experience since I was interested in this for gaming. But they could have changed their packages.

#4 February 4 2019

chosen2k

Call them and get back to us with info :)

#5 February 4 2019

squadi

I should have mentioned this in the post, the info I was able to get from them were packages range from 2mbit to 12mbit, pricing $50 to $180 before tax. Setup fee was $250 I believe. But what I'm asking is for people's experience and satisfaction with it. I plan on getting the 4mbit package which will cost me $88 a month. I want to know if the ping and speed stays stable mostly, among other things.

Last edited by squadi (February 4 2019)

#6 February 4 2019

chosen2k

I'm still waiting for fiber. Based on Ogero's deployment plan it should be Q4 2019 :') that is if they are still on schedule.

#7 February 5 2019

dio

chosen2k wrote:

I'm still waiting for fiber. Based on Ogero's deployment plan it should be Q4 2019 :') that is if they are still on schedule.

Amen!

#8 February 7 2019

DG

squadi wrote:

I want to know if the ping and speed stays stable mostly, among other things.

Same questions as Squadi. Would like to know if the connection and ping are stable (i.e. no disconnections and/or request timed out / high ping results).

Board footer