LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#426 October 2 2020

AVOlio

Re: Libazon reviews

TheIlluminative wrote:
Kareem wrote:

I pulled the trigger and ordered something for 32,8 millions.

Let's see how it goes.

I am 100% that you will get a refund

Are you willing to put some money on it?

#427 October 2 2020

chosen2k

Kareem wrote:

Let's see how it goes.

You definitely pulled the trigger around mid september and not now.

#428 October 2 2020

Kareem

TheIlluminative wrote:
Kareem wrote:

Let's see how it goes.

I am 100% that you will get a refund

And that's because? I hope not I'm listening...

#429 October 2 2020

NuclearVision

honestly, i  bought stuff for 1,000,000 its been months but i don't want to ask for a refund, I'd rather let them keep the money a little longer for a chance to get the items, than get the 1000000 back which basically buys me nothing.

#430 October 2 2020

Aly

I had a theory, and kept it to myself because i was abusing it for some time, about why their prices are cheap and dont seem logical most of the times, and my theory was the were using American Express cards to pay for their purchases, the twist here Amex has high international limits starting at 5000$ and it is still working fine unlike the cards issued by lebanese banks and you can settle your payment using USD local cheques, in other words you buy items internationally for 10,000$ you settle your bill using a 10k usd cheque which costs roughly 3600$ in the market ...
As of this week American Express stopped accepting cheques, they only accept fresh usd,  and as it seems Libazon is screwed.
Just my 2 cents.

#431 October 2 2020

AVOlio

Aly wrote:

I had a theory, and kept it to myself because i was abusing it for some time, about why their prices are cheap and dont seem logical most of the times, and my theory was the were using American Express cards to pay for their purchases, the twist here Amex has high international limits starting at 5000$ and it is still working fine unlike the cards issued by lebanese banks and you can settle your payment using USD local cheques, in other words you buy items internationally for 10,000$ you settle your bill using a 10k usd cheque which costs roughly 3600$ in the market ...
As of this week American Express stopped accepting cheques, they only accept fresh usd,  and as it seems Libazon is screwed.
Just my 2 cents.

I don't think it's related.
I don't deny that there could be a chance they were using this method, but there's a bigger chance that they were not since they are still accepting orders.
Plus, if you take their catalogue on their website as an example, their catalogue was down since 2 weeks, before your said method stopped working, and I am sure their catalogue will come back, with a significant price increase just like before but not an exponential increase like most people are expecting.

#432 October 2 2020

Kareem

Aly wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

I am not sure which Amex you are talking about. They lowered the limit on international transfers 3 months ago. 2 months ago Dubai headquarters called me and apologized for lowering the international limit to 1000 USD then 200 USD.

Last month they blocked all international transfers. I was using Amex until Feb.

Btw im a member since 2013 with a 15k limit

Last edited by Kareem (October 2 2020)

#433 October 2 2020

Aly

Kareem wrote:
Aly wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

I am not sure which Amex you are talking about. They lowered the limit on international transfers 3 months ago. 2 months ago Dubai headquarters called me and apologized for lowering the international limit to 1000 USD then 200 USD.

Last month they blocked all international transfers. I was using Amex until Feb.

Amex corporate cards had their international spending limits unchanged, till this date and i have people in my organization with limits exceeding 15k. The thing is as of this week they stopped accepting cheques and they only accept cash to settle it.

#434 October 2 2020

Kareem

Aly wrote:
Kareem wrote:
Aly wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

Amex corporate cards had their international spending limits unchanged, till this date and i have people in my organization with limits exceeding 15k. The thing is as of this week they stopped accepting cheques and they only accept cash to settle it.

If by corporate Amex you mean the green one, its a charge card as I had a Corporate Amex in the past however we were not allowed to use it for personal purchases.

I doubt Libazon is using Amex since Amex only accepts payments in USD whether it's cash, bank transfer or cheque. Their price was lower than 3900 per dollar.

#435 October 2 2020

bobo619

I am pretty sure that their entire business model does not solely rely on a credit card loop hole or workaround.

#436 October 2 2020

Aly

@Kareem, yes the green one and yes it should only be used for corporate expenses not personal.... but it works regardless.
On the other hand the price of USD cheques were at 2700-2800 per usd (market rate) and not 3900 (Official bank rate).

#437 October 4 2020

Tech Guru

Aly wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

If that is the case and validated , an immediate refund is the best safe net. Personally the received whole items from the orders I set. The last order dated (18 - August) that included four items ,I recently received them all. Now I will halt on ordering other items , until things are resolved and clearified.

Neverthless , I suspect they will suddenly close and run with the money orders.

20201003-070000.jpg
20201003-055343.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (October 14 2020)

#438 October 4 2020

NuclearVision

18-8? interesting, i have orders from early july with no updates, really fishy.

#439 October 4 2020

Tech Guru

NuclearVision wrote:

Really fishy about. You can pass by my  and validate them. It usually depends on the UK seller and luck. I knew many of my friends who received recently their items too.

#440 October 4 2020

Tech Guru

Tech Guru wrote:
Aly wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

If that is the case and validated , an immediate refund is the best safe net. Personally, I received whole items from the orders I set. The last order dated (18 - August) that included four items ,I recently received them all. Now I will halt on ordering other items , until things are resolved and clearified.

Neverthless , I suspect they will suddenly close and run with the money orders.

https://i.ibb.co/BjHBx68/20201003-070000.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/C8XyLmg/20201003-055343.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (October 14 2020)

#441 October 4 2020

NuclearVision

Tech Guru wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

Really fishy about. You can pass by my  and validate them. It usually depends on the UK seller and luck. I knew many of my friends who received recently their items too.

I am not accusing you of lying, libazon business is funny.

#442 October 4 2020

Aly

Amex was just a theory about their unexplained cheap prices, I could be wrong, I could be right or even partially right.

#443 October 8 2020

zizo99

Libazon catalog is back online, but still without expensive items (like cellphones, TVs, etc...)

#444 October 9 2020

ozone1864

Dears,
I need the link for libazon account that is used to buy on ebay.
I need to check their history please.
Regards,

#445 October 10 2020

said.saifi

zizo99 wrote:
said.saifi wrote:

I placed my order in July 1st, and I was supposed to receive my items in August 15 and 20 but I did not and then after talking to them they updated it to Sept 10 and 30.
We are three days from Sept 10 and my items status are still "On the way to Libazon UK"
I talked to them again, and they just say logistics problems and delays from the suppliers.

My items are:
iPhone and TV

So I want to ask people that ordered recently, if they are receiving their orders, and how much time is it taking, and if anyone remember how much time did it take to move to the step after "On the way to Libazon UK"

i received my items 2 months after the purchase date. kindly keep me update about your TV shipment because i am considering to order a TV.

After 3 months and 10 days of my order, the status of one of the items(iPhone 11 pro) was finally changed from "On the way to Libazon UK" to "Its on the way to you"
But the other item (TV) is still "On the way to Libazon UK".

Last edited by said.saifi (October 12 2020)

#446 October 24 2020

Tech Guru

Libazon increased their prices in LBP;  meanwhile USD is falling down. It the fall is persistent ,  their value proposition will be applicable to the law of diminishing return.

#447 October 28 2020

zizo99

Libazon orders now need between 3-4 months to deliver. I don't know what is their problem maybe due to lots of order

#448 November 2 2020

chosen2k

So anyone other than tech guru received anything?

#449 November 2 2020

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

chosen2k wrote:

So anyone other than tech guru received anything?

I received a studio mic but it took around 3-4 month

#450 November 2 2020

bobo619

You can safely add 4 weeks on your orders due to UK lockdown

Board footer