LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#326 July 9 2020

bobo619

Re: Libazon reviews

Dan28 wrote:

- as i said before 99% of the times they dont order from ebay
- you'll receive a box labeled "cloth" with 0$ value, they dont pay taxes
- the estimated delivery dates are not accurate and if you dont keep asking about your order it will take more than 2 months
- if you order 2 pieces of the same item you wont get them in the same box you'll get the 2nd item weeks later
- they havn't delivered any order above 4m yet.
- if you order a bunch of items, they deliver the cheapest one first, and you'll have to contact them then they'll reply "you'll get them soon"

source: telegram group with lots of buyers.

This is exactly what happened to me i had 2 items in the same order and i received the cheaper one as seen in the pic. As for the "cloth" part this only for internal shipping via aramex i m sure they don t tag a mouse as cloth for customs.
https://ibb.co/m0NS9Mp
https://ibb.co/8j3Px6k (tagged as cloth too)

#327 July 9 2020

Dan28

bobo619 wrote:

This is exactly what happened to me i had 2 items in the same order and i received the cheaper one as seen in the pic. As for the "cloth" part this only for internal shipping via aramex i m sure they don t tag a mouse as cloth for customs.

why does it say cancelled for the tv? was it you who cancelled it or they offered the cancellation and a refund? if so, it could be a scheme to exchange lbp to usd at the date of order, then refund lbp 2 months later and make profit.

#328 July 9 2020

bobo619

Dan28 wrote:
bobo619 wrote:

why does it say cancelled for the tv? was it you who cancelled it or they offered the cancellation and a refund? if so, it could be a scheme to exchange lbp to usd at the date of order, then refund lbp 2 months later and make profit.

I previosuly expalined that i canceled it due to being an older model which is no longer available and opted for the newer model and paid the difference and a new order was made. https://ibb.co/QXN9y8L (new order)

Last edited by bobo619 (July 9 2020)

#329 July 10 2020

Kareem

Dan28 wrote:

- as i said before 99% of the times they dont order from ebay
- you'll receive a box labeled "cloth" with 0$ value, they dont pay taxes
- the estimated delivery dates are not accurate and if you dont keep asking about your order it will take more than 2 months
- if you order 2 pieces of the same item you wont get them in the same box you'll get the 2nd item weeks later
- they havn't delivered any order above 4m yet.
- if you order a bunch of items, they deliver the cheapest one first, and you'll have to contact them then they'll reply "you'll get them soon"

source: telegram group with lots of buyers.

- True
- True
- True
- That's what I always tell AVIO
- Exactly

a81303984cc71899981579b293c6fd47.png

Well... Their business is illegal, tax evasion, manipulation and "a la libanaise". I know they're too good to be true but I honestly wouldn't support them.

#330 July 10 2020

xerxes

I always wondered how the hell we get screwed over and over again in Lebanon!

we always look for things that are too good to be true, easy money....

crooks always find there way.

For real guys, did you really believe they are a legitimate business? selling a 10 Million mobile phone for 3Million

#331 July 10 2020

zizo99

Kareem wrote:

https://i.gyazo.com/a81303984cc71899981 … c6fd47.png

Well... Their business is illegal, tax evasion, manipulation and "a la libanaise". I know they're too good to be true but I honestly wouldn't support them.

that's a so risky play, idk how they exchange LBP to USD but iam sure even they operate from UK you still need to do the exchange here.

i have 2 orders should be delivered on 7/7/2020 that's mean 3 days ago, i contacted them yesterday they replied that my items are in the airport here and awaiting to be extracted. i hope that's true

my conclusion dealing with Libazon is they are very unprofessional, no delivery date, worst customer support, very unorganized.

if i want to operate an online shopping website ONLY MYSELF i can do better.

Last edited by zizo99 (July 10 2020)

#332 July 10 2020

xazbrat

My stuff is supposed to be delivered today.  As of yet, I haven't received anything from them regarding my tracking info etc.  I attempted to contact them via Whatsapp and so far I have gotten is the message "Thank you for your message. We're unavailable right now, but will respond as soon as possible."   I did talk with them last week, so I hope nothing has changed.

Hopefully I get my stuff soon and my inclination is not to order from them any more.  I really hate being left in the dark about what is going on and their tracking info leaves much to be desired.  The only thing I have on the items I ordered are "product shipped" or "product received".  There is not enough information for me to be comfortable.  Crossing my fingers and hoping .  I

Edit:   just told me that it was supposed to arrive at the airport today and I asked when I was supposed to receive them and of course, another long pause.

Edit 2:  They told me that my stuff got to the airport yesterday now.  Don't know what is correct.

In any case, I may use them for a couple of purchases down the line (my mom wants a cast iron pan for example), but nothing big value or that I need in a hurry.  It is still better than aliexpress in many ways, but not in as good in others (disputes,etc).  No tracking in either case.  Just have to pay more from other sites to get stuff here that I need (I am using desertcart as of late for a lot of stuff---would NOT recommend them for mobiles and computers though).  I look at ebay too, but hard to find sellers that take visa without paypal AND deliver here.

Last edited by xazbrat (July 10 2020)

#333 July 10 2020

wollyka

Same here. Delivery date: 10/07/2020
Status still NA
I contacted them and the item was not shipped yet it seems (order was from May 22nd, value around 550,000 LBP)

Last edited by wollyka (July 10 2020)

#334 July 10 2020

m0ei

Good thing I didn't order from them. Something was still fishy even after Tech Guru preached them.

#335 July 10 2020

TheIlluminative

m0ei wrote:

Good thing I didn't order from them. Something was still fishy even after Tech Guru preached them.

And the funny thing Tech Guru just vanished from this thread. What a guy!

#336 July 10 2020

AVOlio

His items reached the airport.
It'll take time until they reach to the office of Libazon, and then sort them out by order to hand them over to Aramex. And then you have the delays of Aramex as well.

#337 July 10 2020

Kareem

Well I'm done. I was about to place an order for 5M LBP but was waiting for more reviews... Not worth the headache. I placed my order on B&H.

#338 July 10 2020

xazbrat

Kareem wrote:

Well I'm done. I was about to place an order for 5M LBP but was waiting for more reviews... Not worth the headache. I placed my order on B&H.

I wouldn't blame you especially for an order that size.  Skip the headache--enough crap going on around us.

#339 July 10 2020

Kareem

xazbrat wrote:
Kareem wrote:

I wouldn't blame you especially for an order that size.  Skip the headache--enough crap going on around us.

What made them really suspicious is that they're willing to buy me a 63 lbs  subwoofer without any shipping fee just the price on their website.

Note that neither DHL nor Aramex accepted to ship as it contains a magnet ( shipping restrictions ) so I was wondering who are they shipping it with?  DHL alone is quoting me 480 USD for shipping. Fedex isn't any better.

I got a msg from the dealer in the US that they got the best rate already :

14dde391dc2f766bf25179c25003002c.png

Ironically Libazon is selling the subwoofer for 4.7 millions LBP which is almost the price of the shipping excluding VAT, customs and the subwoofer itself.

Last edited by Kareem (July 10 2020)

#340 July 10 2020

AVOlio

Kareem wrote:

Ironically Libazon is selling the subwoofer for 4.7 millions LBP which is almost the price of the shipping excluding VAT, customs and the subwoofer itself.

You should have went for it then.

#341 July 10 2020

Kareem

AVOlio wrote:
Kareem wrote:

You should have went for it then.

I'll wait for your TV to arrive and then I'll make my final conclusion.

Last edited by Kareem (July 10 2020)

#342 July 11 2020

Tech Guru

TheIlluminative wrote:
m0ei wrote:

And the funny thing Tech Guru just vanished from this thread. What a guy!

Frankly I cannot do the communication part on your behalf with them. I am just following up with my order, and raised  by voice loud.

I have 18 items now being processed at the airport , one canceled ( the seller didn't send the item to the UK office  I will be refunded next week) Two items are delayed , they switch for me the seller.  Simply , if you are annoyed from waiting drop them a refund request. From the 1st day I ordered from them , I have two things in my conscious:

1- To expect delays ( due to corona lockdowns decreasing shipments logistics). This has been applicable from orders I previously set with shipped.io and amazon directly through shopandship.

2- To expect none reliable Ebay sellers  with some items being not delivered or delayed to be delivered. I face that with amazon sellers too. Any offsore orders , I am susceptible to that.

20200711-054129.jpg
20200711-054156.jpg
20200711-054213.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (July 11 2020)

#343 July 11 2020

DNA

@karim if you are paying USD just buy it locally there is a good selection here, why would anyone order a subwoofer from the US and bare 430$ shipping is it that important do subwoofers make u money

#344 July 11 2020

Kareem

DNA wrote:

@karim if you are paying USD just buy it locally there is a good selection here, why would anyone order a subwoofer from the US and bare 430$ shipping is it that important do subwoofers make u money

Because this brand specifically isn't available in Lebanon. I contacted B&W dealer in LB as well as an alternative but they asked for USD because they aren't importing.

Not to mention that I'm also buying appliances as I'm furnishing my apartment and literally everyone is asking for USD.

We're paying our food in LBP but at the blackmarket exchange rate unfortunately.

The only positive thing is that we're now paying VAT and customs in LBP @ 1515/USD

#345 July 11 2020

aboutarek

https://imgur.com/gCaObdQ
https://imgur.com/ooObqTs
As you can see, the item is shipped internally by aramex. it was well packaged and brand new.
I will try now ordering "car oil".

#346 July 11 2020

duke-of-bytes

at the rate of this down spiral it is better not to purchase anything that you really need like medecine , food , etc
Libazon looks extremely shady .. and now their guy here is telling you to ask for a refund aka losing 100% of your money worth

#347 July 11 2020

Tech Guru

duke-of-bytes wrote:

at the rate of this down spiral it is better not to purchase anything that you really need like medecine , food , etc
Libazon looks extremely shady .. and now their guy here is telling you to ask for a refund aka losing 100% of your money worth

Their "Guy Here"  , sorry that is an insult. I have an order pending like others and following it up. If you have a suspicious personality never order from outside , from them or others. On the otherhand , giving a generalization of the dollar rate following down is wrong. We know this old physiological trap of lowering the rate to suck dollars from here and there , then suddenly the black market will hike. Also , how asking refund will make lose ,   the purchase rate was much lower and never match to  real black market rate if you purchase the same item from here.

Finally ,  I am who lunched a comprehensive due due diligence about their business activties and was very skeptical. Go back to the initial posts of the thread. Stop throwing insults here and there , if you have a suspecious personality ,  which I do have ,  you can apply thousand indirect way and use your govenment connections to know if a business module is genuine or not.

Last edited by Tech Guru (July 11 2020)

#348 July 11 2020

aboutarek

duke-of-bytes wrote:

You may be right, i am only paying small amounts of money (around 150 000 LBP) and i don't need the item in the near future.
As for the first experience with libazon, they delivered what i ordered at the right time

#349 July 16 2020

RamezZayyat

I ordered a Garmin forerunner (for 1,500,000 LBP) watch back on the 28th of May 2020 and the delivery date was set to 17/7/2020. When I contacted them concerning the item they said you will be notified through the app. the app showed PRODUCT RECEIVED for 2 weeks now
yesterday I contacted them via WhatsApp asking them to confirm that I will be getting my watch on time, they said the delivery date was postponed till the end of the month.
I will keep you posted on any updates

#350 July 16 2020

aboutarek

Hello. I have placed today my second order (payment done via OMT). I have ordered car oil. Let's see when they will deliver

Board footer