LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#251 May 30 2020

XavierWulf

Re: Libazon reviews

zizo99 wrote:

i order a used item from libazon and paid like a week ago, BUT the item is still available on ebay and even on LIBAZON !!!

now this start to get suspicious, it can't be they have bought it from another seller since it is already used and has only 1 quantity

I will contact them and try to understand how they operate, and how a used item (which already had 1 quantity)  is still available on their website

The same thing is happening with me and dan ,mybitem even went out of stock before liba even bought it , we need to contact libazon and demand an explanation, please persue an answer from them don't settle for "don't worry"

Last edited by XavierWulf (May 30 2020)

#252 May 30 2020

xerxes

XavierWulf, If you have too much free time try to engange in other subjects. Lebgeeks has a lot to offer, and it will be good if you contribute in other discussions.We see your point in here, the one thing you can still add in here is your shipment details when it arrive.

so chill out, and know there other things in life other than Libzaon

#253 May 30 2020

xerxes

those who made an order can do nothing but wait, just don't expose yourself any further.

the talk "تحس مع الفقير" and such is bullshit, this is a business and it is supposed to make money. they can exchange $ for LL if they want to support the poor (they'd be supporting the economy as well).

even with inflated rate, their prices on some items especially cellphones are fishy and not reasonable. considering the fact that the $ is equivalent to 4,200 with negative future outlook.

#254 May 30 2020

XavierWulf

xerxes wrote:

those who made an order can do nothing but wait, just don't expose yourself any further.

the talk "تحس مع الفقير" and such is bullshit, this is a business and it is supposed to make money. they can exchange $ for LL if they want to support the poor (they'd be supporting the economy as well).

even with inflated rate, their prices on some items especially cellphones are fishy and not reasonable. considering the fact that the $ is equivalent to 4,200 with negative future outlook.

I didn't say "تحث مع الفقير" that was a quote from reddit not my words don't you read

#255 May 30 2020

ivy

Last week I was about to place an order but couldn't due to the item being sold out. I was searching for another one on libazon and found on listed for nearly $700 less. Checked on ebay and the seller doesn't have any any negative reviews but there was a catch, the seller wanted the money in cash, and considering that the MSRP price is around $500 than the seller was asking, it was suspicious.

So I contacted libazon and told them about this listing and asked whether this item can be delivered without sharing what I'd found out about it on ebay, they replied back telling me the listing was fake where I proceed to ask whether I should run everything by them to which they replied it would be better if I did so.

If the items you guys bought (dan28 and xavier) where cheap compared to others on the website, this might the issue here. Hope this helps.

#256 May 30 2020

Elie335

You guys got" too excited " and all of you pulled the trigger at once.

You should've waited for more "real" reviews. Pls keep us updated how youre gonna end up from this, either ways if it worked for you or not, this company sounds suspicious with unprofessional support team. So it's a pass for me.

Last edited by Elie335 (May 30 2020)

#257 May 30 2020

Dan28

ivy wrote:

If the items you guys bought (dan28 and xavier) where cheap compared to others on the website, this might the issue here. Hope this helps.

this is not the case, the cam i ordered actually costs more than the retail price, and its from a reputable seller.

JBtapy4.png

Elie335 wrote:

You guys got" too excited " and all of you pulled the trigger at once.

You should've waited for more "real" reviews.

no one got excited and we waited for real reviews, tech guru took the risk first and he posted all the conversations, in addition to the tracking and proof of delivery, he is a member since 2013 i dont think he is affiliated with them, unless they reached him and offered a free item or a discount for a review in return? im wondering why did he leave the conversation after vouching for them.

Tech Guru wrote:

Genuinity (Checked)
Delivery (Checked)

Both checked , they are number one to me,  no question. In this economic down spiral , my primary purpose is to save money. Libazon ,  till now ,  supports this reason.

im sure he has answers to our questions since he went through this before. or since he is close with the ceo on linkedin now, he can just tell him that members here are suspecting they got scammed because no single order was placed so far.

Last edited by Dan28 (May 30 2020)

#258 May 30 2020

duckster

Been reading this thread for a while, and it's going nowhere.
If in doubt, do not order from them. If you're skeptic, no matter how many reviews others will leave here, you will never be 100% convinced. So why waste energy on bashing?
And they are obviously a business not a charity. So they will need to be making their money somehow. Whether it is by marking up the product price or by sourcing the items from a different cheaper seller. This is expected. Otherwise how would they cover the cost of running the business such as salaries, corporate tax, postage and other logistics?
If you really think you found a way to get an item cheaper than what they source it for (e.g. by loss on currency conversion), and they are absorbing the loss, then you are mistaken.

#259 May 30 2020

BHW84

I noticed that when they order the item from ebay, you got an email with estimated delivery date.
i got this email for my first order after 2 days after i payed at OMT. this was a cheap item. for the second order with 2 expensive item including a laptop, i got the estimated delivery date for the first item after around one week and the second email related to the second item after around 10 days of payment.
For item that are out of stock before being ordered by Libazon, i think Libazon should give an answer for that and in all case will see what will happen ( Refund, order similar item, etc...).
Final point regarding my orders, i can assure that i got new sealed items exactly as described with no problem at all, but again sorry will not reveal more details in public!

#260 May 30 2020

BHW84

Dan28 wrote:

guys i found them on ebay under the name  Libazon, they have 1475 orders.

Additional note: just checked their profile on Ebay and they have 1603 order, it means they made 128 orders in 5 days

#261 May 30 2020

XavierWulf

BHW84 wrote:
Dan28 wrote:

guys i found them on ebay under the name  Libazon, they have 1475 orders.

Additional note: just checked their profile on Ebay and they have 1603 order, it means they made 128 orders in 5 days

you both considering the stars next to their name indicates how many orders they has which it doesn't,plus you can see that they have more than 1800 reviews received as a buyer so i don't think there is a correlation with those numbers

#262 May 30 2020

samer
Admin

duckster wrote:

Been reading this thread for a while, and it's going nowhere.
If in doubt, do not order from them. If you're skeptic, no matter how many reviews others will leave here, you will never be 100% convinced. So why waste energy on bashing?

Beautifully put, duckster.

I will be locking the thread for a cool-off period of a week. If you have something urgent to post about Libazon in the mean time, PM me. When I say urgent, I mean strong evidence shedding light on their legitimacy (or lack thereof).

#263 June 23 2020

Bahij.M

Hey guys, I asked Samer to open this thread again to check if there are any new updates from people who ordered, preferably from old members :), I myself did a small order and spoke to them as well, they seem legit but who knows... any feedback would be appreciated!

#264 June 23 2020

zizo99

Bahij.M wrote:

Hey guys, I asked Samer to open this thread again to check if there are any new updates from people who ordered, preferably from old members :), I myself did a small order and spoke to them as well, they seem legit but who knows... any feedback would be appreciated!

after many many days and tries to have an answer about the delivery date, i have received an email included the delivery date and its 7th July, she also mentioned that once the items arrive to Lebanon and handled to aramex i will receive another email from aramex themselves with the tracking number inside Lebanon

Last edited by zizo99 (June 23 2020)

#265 June 23 2020

AVOlio

Maybe Tech Guru can share some pictures and posts from the members of the Facebook group he admins.
At least three people so far have received orders from Libazon.
And a few people have already put new orders, as well as some big orders totaling more than 2 million LBP.

In the next couple of days i will put myself an order for an OLED tv.
I am still in the process of collecting the required amount of money, and discussing with them about the warranty they offer outside of the first 3 days.
They said during the first 3 days after i receive the TV, i can return or get a refund of the TV NO MATTER what is the reason behind it i.e. i dont like the design of the tv, i dont like the sound of the tv, i dont like the navigation of the tv, tv has gray uniformity issues, tv has dead pixels etc..
No matter the reason, a replacement or refund is available to you right away during the first three days.
But what i will be discussing with them is the warranty after the 3 days!
So far, they said they wont interfere in anything outside those 3 days.

#266 June 23 2020

wollyka

I have ordered a HDD last month, delivery is on July 10th (according to them)

When and if i receive it , i will let you know. Fingers crossed

Last edited by wollyka (June 23 2020)

#267 June 23 2020

zizo99

AVOlio wrote:

Maybe Tech Guru can share some pictures and posts from the members of the Facebook group he admins.
And a few people have already put new orders, as well as some big orders totaling more than 2 million LBP.

I am still in the process of collecting the required amount of money, and discussing with them about the warranty they offer outside of the first 3 days.
They said during the first 3 days after i receive the TV, i can return or get a refund of the TV NO MATTER what is the reason behind it i.e. i dont like the design of the tv, i dont like the sound of the tv, i dont like the navigation of the tv, tv has gray uniformity issues, tv has dead pixels etc..
No matter the reason, a replacement or refund is available to you right away during the first three days.

i have the same issue, i was planning to order ultra wide monitor around 4,000,000 LBP i was able to bump up the 3-days warranty to 1 week, that's all i could do. please tell me if you managed to do better then me

#268 June 23 2020

AVOlio

zizo99 wrote:

i have the same issue, i was planning to order ultra wide monitor around 4,000,000 LBP i was able to bump up the 3-days warranty to 1 week, that's all i could do. please tell me if you managed to do better then me

Did you complete the order for the monitor?
Or you changed your mind?

I didn't get anything outside of the three days.
But if they gave you one week I'll be sure to notify them.
Kindly pm me for further discussion.

Note to all :

Let's all try to update this thread once we have personal experiences and proof of service.
Lets not jump to flooding the topic with speculations and assumptions in order for it not to be closed again.

#269 June 23 2020

bobo619

AVOlio wrote:

I will share my experience with them regarding the tv i ordered. I also considered buying an Oled from them specifically the LG C9 so i decided to make an order on a cheaper samsung tv to test them first. I made an order for a 58" 4k samsung on May 5 and paid OMT. After more than 19 days they did not even ordered it from the UK seller to a point where the tv was no longer available on ebay UK due to being an older model 2019. So i reached them and decided to opt for the 2020 model and pay the difference.
The order was made on June 2nd and still to this day they did not even made the purchase from the UK seller as seen in the pic. I contacted them today and was told that TVs will start shipping on July 5 so i would wait for my tv to come first if i were you and the delay was due to shipping safety. Also note that their prices increases every day the tv i bought was for 1187$ and is sold today for 1400$.

https://ibb.co/LZyyP6Z    (Old order)
https://ibb.co/K09qfmm (New order)
https://ibb.co/ZJNTwQC (new price)

#270 June 23 2020

AVOlio

Thank you for sharing your experience bobo619.
This is exactly what we need in this topic instead of assumptions and speculations.

Regarding your TV purchase,
Im not in any way affiliated with them, but I am a person that really wants to believe their legitimacy.
So here is what I think most probably happened.

During the time that you ordered the tv, they were indeed not taking tv orders because they were having problems during shipping and the TVs were getting damaged in transit.
Tech Guru pointed this out when he talked to the owner. (you can see his earlier posts).
They told this to me also over the phone.
They told it to a friend of mine who also was planning to order the CX OLED.

They told me that they would most probably start shipping TVs by the end of June and start of July, and by the date (July 5) that they provided you, they all add up.

Most probably what happened with you is that after you made your order, they indeed didn't make the purchase on ebay because at the time they were not ready to ship TVs.

They should have told you that, maybe that was the only mistake on their behalf.

But if you look at it from their own perspective, they currently have at least thousands of order piling up, and at least 1,000 people talking to the customer support daily. Maybe that's why they were maybe negligent to let you know that they're not shipping any tvs at the moment.

On my end, I will contact them tomorrow again and get more clarifications about my TV order if they will indeed purchase the tv after I pay.
In terms of warranty, I did not receive anything other than the 3 days no questions asked return / replacement and refund.

#271 June 23 2020

xazbrat

I have a few things coming in scheduled for the 3rrd and 10th of July---will update when I receive the goods.

#272 June 23 2020

Tech Guru

Update:

1- Other products being received in the my group.

2- This removes any scepticism about their genuineness. Orders usually take one month and two weeks , as worst case ETA. This is due to corona lockdown repercussion. Avaition shipment logistics took a direct hit , which pushed shipments ETA in UK and Western Europe that Libazon ships from. When you confirm your order and pay , Libazon gives you the worst case delivery date to Lebanon. Usually it is less since they are shipping once a week now from the UK. Other courier services are not better. I personally shipped  blood pressure monitoring machine from Amazon, using shopandship. Placed the order mid of February and it arrived 15th of June.

3- Like Amazon ,  some sellers are fake ,  fake listings. Libazon refund the whole payment if the product did not arrive.  I advice to give them the product link via their whatsapp num. Their UK office will make for you a quick counter search for the specific seller.

4 - They started shipping TVs now. For the three days return policy  , it is a crucial positive step . Self offshore ordering through Shop&Ship  or local couriers (shipped.io , eve , iship , ubuy ) , in case of DoF you will borne all reshipment expenses and handle all RMA hustle.

5- Do not be worried about their inflated USD listings.

Very High in USD × 1500 will affect you the same as Low in USD × Black Market Rate .. Same as used cars being sold now

7000  USD × 1500 = 10,500,00
2625 USD  × 4000  = 10,500,00

They injected all expenses in their subtotal price including shipment customs and inflated USD × 1500.
Example:
You need to bring an RTX 2080 super Strix New

How much will pay for it here in Lebanon vs imported from  Libazon ?!

(Libazon LBP Listed Value , which is all inclusive Value) / current Lebanese Black Market Rate = Real Value in USD in Lebanon

Or

Price in Lebanon in USD × BlackMarketRate  vs List LEB Libazon Price

FB-IMG-1592926762273.jpg
FB-IMG-1592926759645.jpg
FB-IMG-1592926757109.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (June 23 2020)

#273 June 23 2020

Bahij.M

Great input guys! keep it coming, @Tech Guru do you think it's a good idea to buy computer hardware? let's say a mobo or a cpu? or even a gaming monitor? the problem is, if anything happens or they are DOA, there won't be any warranty or RMA correct?

#274 June 24 2020

Tech Guru

Bahij.M wrote:

Great input guys! keep it coming, @Tech Guru do you think it's a good idea to buy computer hardware? let's say a mobo or a cpu? or even a gaming monitor? the problem is, if anything happens or they are DOA, there won't be any warranty or RMA correct?

They offer three days return policy regardless of the reason. The reason might be DOA , bad packaging , underwhelming product .. You contact them then repack the product in its intial state. They will send Aramex , free of charge, to pick it up. Then they will either refund you the product amount, or put this amount in your balance to be used for future orders. In case the product failed after the three days , you will borne all RMA expenses. They can help by issuing a notice to their UK office that  will communicate with the seller directly.

Frankly , I find the three days return policy very positive. Self shipments through ShopandShip or Borderlinx and local shipment couriers , will not handle DOA at all. The moment the item arrives to you , you will reponsible for everything.

#275 June 24 2020

bobo619

Tech Guru wrote:
Bahij.M wrote:

They offer three days return policy regardless of the reason. The reason might be DOA , bad packaging , underwhelming product .. You contact them then repack the product in its intial state. They will send Aramex , free of charge, to pick it up. Then they will either refund you the product amount, or put this amount in your balance to be used for future orders. In case the product failed after the three days , you will borne all RMA expenses. They can help by issuing a notice to their UK office that  will communicate with the seller directly.

Frankly , I find the three days return policy very positive. Self shipments through ShopandShip or Borderlinx and local shipment couriers , will not handle DOA at all. The moment the item arrives to you , you will reponsible for everything.

Although this is what they claim i really doubt they will refund you for a product for simple reasons of not liking the product. This would never make sense in mind as the loss on their end is enormous(shipping back to the UK etc...).

Board footer