LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 5 2016

Vayl

Short intro :)

Hey everyone,

So refreshing to discover that this community exists!

I'm a 29 year old filmmaker, always been a fan of science and tech and reading up about it. Never actually tried my hand at it, until now.

Basically I've been relearning math from scratch (halfway through Algebra I on KhanAcademy now) and also started learning Python and how to use the Command Line. So it's a lot of new stuff for me which I'm more than happy to learn :)

I'm a freelancer, so when I don't have work (read: when I'm out of work), I mainly spend my time learning, online for the most part. I don't know a lot of people who are into this kind of stuff.

Well that's about it, I look forward to chatting with you all.

Peace!

PS: Watching a show called 'Silicon Valley' atm. Pretty funny if you haven't watched it.

#2 September 5 2016

user

Re: Short intro :)

Welcome to the forum :)

#3 September 5 2016

tiny fx

welcome vayl, hope you enjoy the forums

#4 September 5 2016

Zackfarran

welcome dude.

#5 September 6 2016

MAS

Welcome

#6 September 6 2016

samer
Admin

Hey Vayl, thanks for joining!
BetterExplained is a good resource to (re)-learn math.

What kind of films do you make?

#7 September 6 2016

Vayl

samer wrote:

Hey Vayl, thanks for joining!
BetterExplained is a good resource to (re)-learn math.

Thanks for the link! I've been using KhanAcademy and honestly I think it's amazing. Math is actually pretty awesome in general.

I dabble in a few things, but mainly ads // short films. I would link you a thing or two but unfortunately I can't (yet?) on this forum it seems.

#8 September 8 2016

NuclearVision

welcome to the forums.
I rarely see graduates who are interested in math, in fact i might change it to I've never seen.

#9 September 9 2016

samer
Admin

Vayl wrote:

I dabble in a few things, but mainly ads // short films. I would link you a thing or two but unfortunately I can't (yet?) on this forum it seems.

Try again, it should work now.

#10 September 9 2016

Vayl

NuclearVision wrote:

welcome to the forums.
I rarely see graduates who are interested in math, in fact i might change it to I've never seen.

Glad to change that one for you, math is quite amazing. Although recently I've been getting distracted by Python :>

samer wrote:

Hey Vayl, thanks for joining! BetterExplained is a good resource to (re)-learn math.

Here's a link to my showreel, gives a quick overview of my work! (Thanks for fixing url issue btw). Let me know what you think!

Board footer