LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 25 2016

Mero55

Hey!

Hey!

*high five*(because dis is my first post)

Hey everyone! I'm a young Geek (obviously ) and i'm interested in all kinds of software and hardware. I think i have a fair skill set (don't mean to brag), i know how to program (Javascript,python,php, C++) and i understand most hardware schematics i come across .
I'm always trying to create something new.
My latest project was a Twitter-bot, though i have to admit that I relied on open-source software to get most things done.
I love communities <3 and am thinking of adding a collaboration Topic to this forum so people can ask for partners.

So....i guess that sums it up  and i'm super excited to be a part of this community!

In hope of getting to know you guys a bit more.
What are your latest projects/achievements or acquired skills or anything really. Just share something

#2 May 25 2016

rolf

Re: Hey!

Mero55 wrote:

What are your latest projects/achievements or acquired skills or anything really....just share something

I am a very smart person. Show me anything and I will tell you 10 ways in which it was stupidly designed and how I would've done it better.

#3 May 25 2016

Mero55

hey!

Challenge accepted:

Here's a brick, give me 10 ways in which it was stupidly designed and how it could've been done better.  :lol: :lol:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbervuXwRtdrPGR6Ii9W4XDuRXbmhrgpjQE2oOO3g6YBT5ng6dZTqtKpQ
just kidding :3

nice meeting you

#4 May 25 2016

bermudapineapple

Whalecum.

#5 May 25 2016

NuclearVision

hey mero,
welcome to the forums.
I hope you achieve what you aim for.
I haven't programmed for almost a year, basically i lost interest, got busy by tons of books.
I'm a bored geek.

#6 May 25 2016

rolf

Mero55 wrote:

hey!

Challenge accepted:

Here's a brick, give me 10 ways in which it was stupidly designed and how it could've been done better.  :lol: :lol:
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag … g6dZTqtKpQ
just kidding :3

nice meeting you

A brick!? Are you making fun of me, young man?
Anyway, I'll try:
- Why is the brick not perfectly cubic? Then you don't have to worry about the direction
- Why is that brick red? Black is more heat absorbent, if it's for a cold country. White is better for a warm climate. But red?
- That brick should have cavities to for steel rods
- If this brick was empty then it would be lighter. But maybe it is empty?

That's about how far I can get on a photo of bricks. If you want more I need to see the actual brick.

#7 May 25 2016

Johnaudi

I thought it was chocolate...

And welcome!

#8 May 26 2016

Mero55

Hey!

looks like this place is full of awesome people....AWESOME!

And Thanks for the warm welcome! i appreciate it

#9 May 26 2016

NuclearVision

empty brick= tricked brick.
A replica.
This kind of remembers me how we say "t2il" to actually mean the object is expensive or branded. I wonder where this originated.

#10 May 27 2016

Mero55

NuclearVision wrote:

empty brick= tricked brick.
A replica.
This kind of remembers me how we say "t2il" to actually mean the object is expensive or branded. I wonder where this originated.

Hey!

Hmmm..... i think it originated from watches, because the heavier they are the more gold (or other precious metal) we assume they have.....

#11 May 27 2016

Hybrid

Welcome Around

#12 May 28 2016

tzuka

Welcome

#13 May 28 2016

mainhead

Welcome aboard mate.