LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 16 2016

reppinhighz

Upgrading from windows 7 to 10

Hello everyone,

My first attempt at upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1 was a disaster since it was the technical preview and after tryin so many things, i lost all data and had to format.

I installed windows 7 but it is not activated and have been running it for a few months.

I saw keys on Kinguin and was looking to buy either windows 7 or 10 key.

Is it better to buy a windows 7 key, activate it then upgrade to 10 or buy windows 10 key directly?

Also, when it comes to upgrading, does the download resume? my connection is good although im still worried.

Thanks.

#2 January 16 2016

bermudapineapple

Re: Upgrading from windows 7 to 10

If both keys are the same price then you should definitely buy the Windows 7 key and upgrade to 10. That way you will have genuine copies of both operating systems: one physical key (7), and one digital license tied to your hardware (10). Also it will allow you to revert back to Windows 7 if you don't like 10, like I didn't. Microsoft is going down the wrong path, but that is another topic.

About the upgrade, I am not sure it resumes. But remember that you need to upgrade from 7 to 10, then activate 10, then download an ISO for 10 and do a clean install to get the best spyware/beta-tester experience.

#3 January 17 2016

Hybrid

Re: Upgrading from windows 7 to 10

I upgraded from Genuine 7 pro to 10 without any problem.

Board footer