LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 January 2 2016

H.S

Re: Televisions war!

Hi, I am using a 1TB WD but just to watch the content on the HDD. I am not sure if there is an option for recording, I couldn't find it too. You need to register the device first but it says "Currently unsupported by Internet video service providers". Seems like the recording feature isn't there but let me know if you find a substitute solution.

#52 January 2 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

H.S wrote:

Hi, I am using a 1TB WD but just to watch the content on the HDD. I am not sure if there is an option for recording, I couldn't find it too. You need to register the device first but it says "Currently unsupported by Internet video service providers". Seems like the recording feature isn't there but let me know if you find a substitute solution.

So it's better to get an external HDD than a USB memory right?
I mean it's faster (depending on the model) and it has much bigger memory state.
No power problems because of the HDD USB power?

#53 January 2 2016

H.S

Only if you're going to need all that extra space. No power problems at all.

#54 January 2 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

H.S wrote:

Only if you're going to need all that extra space. No power problems at all.

I wasn't going for a HDD but now that I am thinking my PC's HDD is shrinking because of all the torrents, I need a backup and 32 or 64gb won't be enough for both putting movies and backup.
The best would be an external SSD but it cost a leg and an arm ;)

#55 January 5 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

I watched some 4K video demos of Sony 4K TVs n my 40W600b...I was like wow!
4K TVs are overrated under 50'', the 40'' FHD gave me the exact same WOW effect with the same video and it wasn't even at the full quality because of Youtube limitations, they guy who wrote an article about how salesman in TV shops (like Khoury home) are trained to show super videos on the 4K TVs and blurred ordinary ones on FHD was absolutely right.

#56 January 9 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Sony released new 2016 catalog, X93,X94,X90 and X85 will get HDR, only the entry level X83 will not have HDR, though it will get a VA panel, so the 2016 replacement for the 8300 will be the X83 but with the 2015's 8500 specs.
2017 will be a good year as the entry level 4K would have HDR too

Board footer