LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 July 9 2015

Anthony2000

Re: GTS450 Overheating and damaged fan

so did you receive the fan yet? were you able to mount it on the card?

#27 July 10 2015

ghattas.akkad

Anthony2000 wrote:

so did you receive the fan yet? were you able to mount it on the card?

hmmm no I did not place the order the fan is out of stock plus I gave up on it and it's barley holding up and sometimes going to 92C degrees it won't be that much useful I bet it suffered some overheat damage I saw a post for a gt730MSI 4gb card on mazad for 80$ ill save up some money and get one If it wasnt available then I'll get a gt200-600 series about 50$ max to keep things running: at least xbmc streamings, twitch and some movies until I get a decent card!

#28 July 10 2015

ghattas.akkad

Die_Kapitan wrote:
ghattas.akkad wrote:

Yes I enjoy Nvidia products better and AMD is having some financial issues and don't know how long they will last

AMD is here to stay. They started profiting since Q2.

I still can't find an AMD reseller in lebanon "ASUS republic of gamers" on facebook has some cards but he has some very high prices! other AMD cards are being sold on elmazad and macrotronics.net
but I wasn't following up on the companies details but It doesn't look good a couple of days ago i saw some post of it losing about 12% and more from its revenue
I'll get a low end nvidia card just to keep using the 3D kit and watch movies ill focus gaming on my xbox360 untill I rebuild a new pc

#29 July 11 2015

Anthony2000

ghattas.akkad wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:
ghattas.akkad wrote:

Yes I enjoy Nvidia products better and AMD is having some financial issues and don't know how long they will last

I still can't find an AMD reseller in lebanon "ASUS republic of gamers" on facebook has some cards but he has some very high prices! other AMD cards are being sold on elmazad and macrotronics.net
but I wasn't following up on the companies details but It doesn't look good a couple of days ago i saw some post of it losing about 12% and more from its revenue
I'll get a low end nvidia card just to keep using the 3D kit and watch movies ill focus gaming on my xbox360 untill I rebuild a new pc

agreed, ASUS republic of gamers has his prices way too high.

#30 July 15 2015

ghattas.akkad

Good News! I fixed the vga's problem, I got a new fan same as the fan I added before the (0.18A) but a stronger one (0.24A) and I added better thermal paste the temperature is fixed between 45-52 C with no load and gets up to 75-82C on gaming which is good
I also set the AsusSmart doctor hyperdrive option to temperature mode to manage the cards clock speed and voltage on high temperature it will last a couple of months until I get a new card

#31 July 15 2015

silo_m8

Anthony2000 wrote:
ghattas.akkad wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:

He adds VAT illegally

#32 July 15 2015

Anthony2000

silo_m8 wrote:
Anthony2000 wrote:
ghattas.akkad wrote:

He adds VAT illegally

good to know, tech already mentioned he didn't trust him. i will be sure to steer away from him.

#33 July 15 2015

ghattas.akkad

silo_m8 wrote:
Anthony2000 wrote:
ghattas.akkad wrote:

He adds VAT illegally

I thinks he adds about 30% extra for his own and then adds 10% VAT summing up to 40 in order to get those insane high prices it's not an excuses that"I ship items directly from abroad" to have such prices

#34 July 15 2015

MrClass

He just buys the stuff from Newegg. No ASUS dealer bullshit

Board footer