LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 19 2015

LeonAdventure

Hello World - interests in engineering, programming, e-commerce

Hi Team.
I am glad I discovered this forum today! I just moved back to Leb after 5 years in the UK and I am keen to get to know other geeks here and what they are up to.
I think an individual can get much more things done when surrounded by a dynamic bunch with similar interests and motivations and complementing skills. Plus it is much more fun to share and contribute!

I am curious - How many members does Lebgeeks already have?

I'll see you around.
Samer.

#2 January 19 2015

Joe

Re: Hello World - interests in engineering, programming, e-commerce

Hello Samer and welcome to the forum.
What kind of geek are you? tell us a bit about yourself and show us some of your work!

To answer your question, there are several thousands of accounts registered on LebGeeks, but the vast majority of them doesn't contribute much.

Enjoy your time here!

#3 January 20 2015

Hybrid

Welcome around. Glad to see another e-commerce lover on board :)

#4 January 20 2015

LeonAdventure

Thanks guys.
@Joe - I am a mechanical engineer, and have worked on the development of a commercial wind turbine simulation software in c++ (and some Fortran & Matlab). I plan now to broaden my programming skills to know a bit more on how to quickly develop stand-alone tools to automate calcs and processes. I am also discovering the world of Big Data for kicks and giggles (learning Python along the way).
@ Hybrid - I have started collecting info on e-commerce in Lebanon to get a more accurate idea on feasibility/profitability.. I'd be happy to get involved in any project or research you might know of!

Board footer