LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1251 January 21 2018

kareem_nasser

Re: Feedback for IDM

wollyka wrote:
Toufic wrote:
wollyka wrote:

No still the same at 15 Mbps (even though my line can handle 17-18 easily)

Dude you're lucky... mine can handle 14-15 and they are limiting me to 6 Mbps !!!

Yeah, but they are saying that they offering 15 Mbps but they are capping it at 12.5 Mbps max too.
At first, they set it at 12 Mbps but capping it at 10 Mbps (i was 8 Mbps before the upgrade). After nagging and taking full responsibility if my line quality dropped, they upgraded it to 15 (i was requesting 17 Mbps) but effectively i am getting now 12/12.5 Mbps (the modem shows 15 Mbps sync btw)

I Emailed later called nagged told them i would take responsibility, nothing they insisted my line could handle 6 Mbps. Even though Attenuation is 36 and snr margin is at 16 with current sync rate. Modem says i can reach 14 Mbps but to be safe i told dont even give me 10 just at least 8 Mbps....nothing same reply.

Any suggestions or name of a person who could actually be helpful? Knowing that my DSP is GDS (which should supposedly make things better for me) and i got into contact with technical team then sales team before and then they gave me a call saying my line could handle 6 Mbps.

#1252 January 21 2018

wollyka

I just email support with screenshots of my modem stats and told them it should handle way more.After 2 days of going back and forth it was upgraded

#1253 January 22 2018

kareem_nasser

wollyka wrote:

I just email support with screenshots of my modem stats and told them it should handle way more.After 2 days of going back and forth it was upgraded

I see, thanks. Will try my luck soon.

#1254 January 22 2018

Mom

Downstream    Upstream    

SNR Margin

:
    31.5     10.0    db

Line Attenuation

:
    11.6     18.8     db

Data Rate

:
    4096     816     kbps

Max Rate

:
    18784     827     kbps

POWER

:
    19.8     12.2     dbm

CRC

:
    0    13

What do you guys think about my stats how much shall i be getting ? :)

#1255 January 22 2018

kareem_nasser

Mom wrote:

Downstream    Upstream    

SNR Margin

:
    31.5     10.0    db

Line Attenuation

:
    11.6     18.8     db

Data Rate

:
    4096     816     kbps

Max Rate

:
    18784     827     kbps

POWER

:
    19.8     12.2     dbm

CRC

:
    0    13

If you are subscribed to Open Speed package then you should be around 14-15 Mbps.

#1256 January 22 2018

Mom

kareem_nasser wrote:
Mom wrote:

Downstream    Upstream    

SNR Margin

:
    31.5     10.0    db

Line Attenuation

:
    11.6     18.8     db

Data Rate

:
    4096     816     kbps

Max Rate

:
    18784     827     kbps

POWER

:
    19.8     12.2     dbm

CRC

:
    0    13

If you are subscribed to Open Speed package then you should be around 14-15 Mbps.

I will get it next month!

#1257 January 23 2018

kareem_nasser

Mom wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:
Mom wrote:

Downstream    Upstream    

SNR Margin

:
    31.5     10.0    db

Line Attenuation

:
    11.6     18.8     db

Data Rate

:
    4096     816     kbps

Max Rate

:
    18784     827     kbps

POWER

:
    19.8     12.2     dbm

CRC

:
    0    13

I will get it next month!

From how things are going dont be optimistic, say they will lock you at 12 Mbps.

#1258 January 28 2018

kfc

Has anyone noticed an improvement in the internet speed lately?

In the past weeks, the maximum bandwidth never exceeded 17500, the bandwidth was at 16000 at most and the result of the speed test was between 12.5 and 13.5 megabits per second.

In the past few days, the maximum bandwidth jumped to over 19000, bandwidth is between 17500 and 18000 the result of the speed test is around 14.5-15 megabits per second.

I am connected to the Antelias Central. ISP is IDM and DSP is Ogero.

Last edited by kfc (January 28 2018)

#1259 January 28 2018

Ahmad Toutounji

kfc wrote:

Has anyone noticed an improvement in the internet speed lately?

In the past weeks, the maximum bandwidth never exceeded 17500, the bandwidth was at 16000 at most and the result of the speed test was between 12.5 and 13.5 megabits per second.

In the past few days, the maximum bandwidth jumped to over 19000, bandwidth is between 17500 and 18000 the result of the speed test is around 14.5-15 megabits per second.

I am connected to the Antelias Central. ISP is IDM and DSP is Ogero.

Ogero user here, the data rate increased between 1.5 and 2mb 3 days ago

#1260 February 12 2018

Mom

Hello guys

Is it possible by any chance to get Interleaving Off with IDM ?
Thanks in advance!

#1261 March 1 2018

kareem_nasser

Finally!

When i was paying my phone bill on the browser, i usually check speed test feature and normally shows 6 mbps. Suddenly yesterday noticed it was 10 Mbps which is logical based on my modem stats. So emailed IDM with the necessary info and today :

UT0uaZT.png

Yup it worked i tested it and everything is smooth so far.

#1262 April 14 2018

anayman_k7

Hello, if anyone is on IDM Fast Path (with low ping), can you please share your Gateway, I'm just checking if they have a specific Gateway for the Fast Path that I can set manually without the need to contact them which several times without any result

Here are my current configurations:
IP Address: 10.37.21.6
Subnet: 255.255.255.255
GateWay: 172.17.18.1
DNS Server: 194.126.16.38
Encapsulation: PPPoE

#1263 April 14 2018

Aly

It has nothing to do with the gateway, it is a parameter specified by the ISP, this is an error correction protocol.

When a customer is put on a "Noise Profile" usually their DSL line is changed from FastPath to Interleaved.

Interleaving is an error correction protocol that is implemented for your line at the DSLAM. With Interleaving enabled, the DSLAM can correct errors in the data stream it receives before passing that data to your gateway router. It is usually implemented on noisy or marginal lines and can greatly increase sync stability and effectively eliminate "first hop" packet loss. The largest drawback to Interleaving is that it will increase your ping time, specifically to your first hop gateway router.

Your best bet it to contact IDM by mail since they are less likely to lie or try to beat around the bushes, you should get a straight answer by mail. Also tell them all the ISPs are doing this for their customers upon request (Ogero is doing it for sure as I am subscribed with them and I requested it long time ago, they done it the same day), keep annoying them until they do it.

#1264 April 30 2018

Abou7meed

Hello,
Lately I am getting high ping on my Xbox one games (Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, cod ww2 ...always Red bars !!)
I called them and they put me on the gaming pool thingy where we can get real ips, but unfortunately everything is still the same !!
This was done after tons of calls and emails, and I am still annoying them to get at least something useful to my ping/latency.

My plan is OS / 100 GB , Ras Enabe3 Central.
So IDM users whats the solution in your opinion?
Did anyone try the gaming pool, does it work ?

PS.
I took my Xbox to my friend's home, he has DSL plan 4 MB / 40 GB with TerraNet, Ras Beirut Central
here the ping is way better in around 35 ms in most of these games !! He doesn't have a gaming pool neither he is a gamer !
So the problem is the ISP or the central itself, since I heard that Ras Beirut is Fiber compatible or something like that !

Please advice,
Thanks

#1265 April 30 2018

Aly

You can start by making some ping tests and trace routes to local servers (like idm.net.lb) and international servers (like google.com or 8.8.8.8) to find the root cause of the problem. Of course you won't be able to fix it from your side since this is an ISP problem but at least you can have an idea where the problem is.

#1266 June 8 2018

anayman_k7

idm are having troubles since last night, disconnects and very slow internet even that the modem numbers are ok, I called them and they confirmed that and refused to give a timeline for the fix

#1267 June 8 2018

kareem_nasser

anayman_k7 wrote:

idm are having troubles since last night, disconnects and very slow internet even that the modem numbers are ok, I called them and they confirmed that and refused to give a timeline for the fix

Have the same issues since yesterday at night. If you check your speed on fast.com it shows 0 Kbps, and might jump to 40 Kbps. Your DSP is GDS? and what is your exchange area?

#1268 June 8 2018

anayman_k7

Not sure which one is the GDS but it can surpass the 10mbps (16mbps at parent's) and 8 mbps at my place which is further away from Ogero Central, I'm located in Kalamoun just south of Tripoli

#1269 June 8 2018

kareem_nasser

Mine is Bir Hasan, you can easily know the DSP if your VPI/VCI    is 8/35 then GDS, if 0/35 then OGERO.

#1270 June 8 2018

anayman_k7

it seems fine now, back to normal

Edit: I take that back, disconnects happening again

Last edited by anayman_k7 (June 8 2018)

#1271 June 8 2018

Red7

Same here. Hope they fix it soon, ruining productivity at home. Will be forced to go to a crowded cafe.

Last edited by Red7 (June 8 2018)

#1272 June 10 2018

wollyka

Mazraa, GDS
Same issue. Just happened too. Very slow internet even though speedtest is showing near normal speeds. Websites are the most affected

#1273 June 10 2018

nosense

wollyka wrote:

Mazraa, GDS
Same issue. Just happened too. Very slow internet even though speedtest is showing near normal speeds. Websites are the most affected

same here, u need to speedtest to servers outside lebanon to get the real speed not the speed to servers in lebanon

#1274 June 10 2018

wollyka

I did, server in Paris. But still websites take ages to load and sometimes timeout.

#1275 June 10 2018

kareem_nasser

wollyka wrote:

I did, server in Paris. But still websites take ages to load and sometimes timeout.

Try LINK

Board footer