LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1226 August 16 2017

Toufic

Re: Feedback for IDM

This is just bullshit.

All night there were reboot, and here are today's stats:

Link Information

Uptime:    0 days, 1:36:03
Modulation:    G.992.5 Annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    416 / 3.836
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [KB/KB]:    0,00 / 0,00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 19,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    21,0 / 39,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    6,5 / 7,5

Any IDM users here experiencing the same ?

#1227 August 16 2017

mr m

Toufic wrote:

I experienced disconnection and several consecutive modem reboots in the past 2 days.

I was syncing at 10.999.

And today i noticed how slow the connection is and was curious to check the stats:

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    506 / 5.821
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 17,5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    20,5 / 38,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    4,0 / 26,0

It used to be:

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    766 / 10.998
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 18,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    16,5 / 34,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    14,5 / 7,0

Anyone else experienced a drop in speed ?

Yes apparently you are not the only one. The same thing happened to me
Inernet bandwith and SNR droped and Iam facing random modem disconnections !!

#1228 August 17 2017

Toufic

mr m wrote:
Toufic wrote:

I experienced disconnection and several consecutive modem reboots in the past 2 days.

I was syncing at 10.999.

And today i noticed how slow the connection is and was curious to check the stats:

It used to be:

Are you on open speed plan ? If so, are you getting anything above 9/10Mbps (in actual speed) ?
And what area ?

I can't wait for the active cabinet to be installed & switch to Ogero. This is bullshit.

Before August, i was getting 8Mbps with double the speed from 7 to 7.

Now it's slower than before ! WTF is this upgrade ?!!!!!!!!

#1229 August 17 2017

mr m

Toufic wrote:
mr m wrote:
Toufic wrote:

I was syncing at 10.999.

It used to be:

Are you on open speed plan ? If so, are you getting anything above 9/10Mbps (in actual speed) ?
And what area ?

I can't wait for the active cabinet to be installed & switch to Ogero. This is bullshit.

Before August, i was getting 8Mbps with double the speed from 7 to 7.

Now it's slower than before ! WTF is this upgrade ?!!!!!!!!

Yes Iam on open speed plan and not getting more than 4Mbps !!!!!

#1230 August 28 2017

mr m

Toufic wrote:

I was syncing at 10.999.

It used to be:

So did they solve it or what ? I have the same problem and they are refusing to fix my speed to its original speed for over 3 weeks !

#1231 August 30 2017

Toufic

mr m wrote:
Toufic wrote:

I was syncing at 10.999.

It used to be:

So did they solve it or what ? I have the same problem and they are refusing to fix my speed to its original speed for over 3 weeks !

Weirdly... it got fixed on it's on the day i was meaning to call their customer service.

I skip the technical support ever since i had a very bad experience with them back when the update was about to take place end of July. They gave me limited & false information. Emailed their CSU and the next morning i received a call apologizing for what happened & they clarified everything.

I highly advise you to call Ogero and ask for a feasibility test. If the speed they can deliver to your premises is better than IDM's, just switch to the OS-200Gb plan. I intend to do so as soon as active cabinet are installed.

#1232 August 30 2017

wollyka

I think i will switch to Ogero VDSL. I was just being informed that my line is feasible for VDSL so i am sure i will be getting better speeds than 15 Mbps (effectively IDM is capping me at 12 Mbps max since my max download is 1.4 MB/s)

#1233 August 30 2017

anayman_k7

Very bad internet tonight, my synced data rate is 8700 at 10db SNR but I can't get more than 1mbps, I tried to restart the Modem and cool it down, nothing worked, tried several Wifi adapters also, no luck.

#1234 October 18 2017

Toufic

Fiber

Nudged to speed up its services, IDM offers the latest innovation in data transfer over a fiber optics network, enabling both residential and corporate customers to benefit from abundant and high speed internet starting in Hamra.

With these unprecedented speeds, customers can seamlessly perform tasks like telecommuting, video-conferencing, uploading and downloading photos and videos; connect faster to the cloud and more.

By switching from DSL to Fiber, customers will benefit from uninterrupted internet services that are not susceptible to nearby electrical interference and less subject to distance attenuation since they use light signals for data transmission, thus offering the following benefits:

- High Speed - 70 to 300 Mbps
    A speed where it can carry several hundred to several thousands of Mbits over a single fiber

- No Data Bottlenecks
    Fiber is the fastest available data conduit, the probability that you’ll experience slow-downs while using it is the lowest.

- Minimal Latency
    For a fiber network, latency is based on the speed of light. Because the internet signal travels faster over fiber optics, the latency is much less than other internet signals.

- Reliability
    Fiber optic cable is less susceptible to noise, electromagnetic interference or bad junctions than the copper or coax cables that carry DSL or cable internet. That means it’s less likely to be damaged unless the cable is cut through.

- Security
    Fiber cable doesn’t radiate signals and is almost impossible to tap. Additionally, dedicated business fiber connections typically are not shared with other customers, providing an additional layer of security.

- Distance
    Unlike DSL signals, Fiber network doesn’t degrade over the distances we are currently operating within, between our routers and your location. The fiber optic signal is carried with light and the signal loss experienced over the operating distances is barely noticeable and very unlikely to affect your connection quality.

- Coverage map

Anyone has details for residential ? (This is on their website for cooperate only so far)

Last edited by Toufic (October 18 2017)

#1235 October 19 2017

Mhmd

Thinking of switching from Sodetel 2Mbps unlimited to another ISP with Open speed plan, do you recommend IDM ?

#1236 November 9 2017

The313

anyone having a problem connecting to any voice chat program like teamspeak or discord? or any other voice chat program?

#1237 December 11 2017

Mom

Hello fellow Geeks!

I just wanted to know if anyone here has any idea on how Pause Cards work!
So basically last month our phone line was not working and i forgot to recharge my internet and talked to ogero about it when i they fixed it i noticed that i still have 7 idle days left so i got myself service cards and added them to my account as a pause cards! but the idle days stayed the same!
Can anyone just tell me how these cards work ?

Thanks in advance!!

#1238 December 11 2017

Toufic

Mhmd wrote:

Thinking of switching from Sodetel 2Mbps unlimited to another ISP with Open speed plan, do you recommend IDM ?

If you're priority is heavy download/streaming (in high definition)...
===> IDM

If you need your internet for gaming mainly and normal internet usage (social media / browsing etc.)...
===> OGERO

#1239 December 12 2017

new_user

Toufic wrote:

If you need your internet for gaming mainly and normal internet usage (social media / browsing etc.)...
===> OGERO

Do you think it will still be a gd gaming experience if the max rate I can get is 2MBps?
Currrently I am with Sodetel and the gaming experience is terrible. The max rate I can get out of open speed is 2MBps due to infrastructure limitations.

#1240 December 12 2017

Toufic

new_user wrote:
Toufic wrote:

===> OGERO

Do you think it will still be a gd gaming experience if the max rate I can get is 2MBps?
Currrently I am with Sodetel and the gaming experience is terrible. The max rate I can get out of open speed is 2MBps due to infrastructure limitations.

I am no network expert , some of the people here would explain it better for sure but:

For gaming purposes: what matters is latency/ping/consistency-stability rather than high speed of the connection/max rate

When you're internet is from an ISP, your signal needs to travel more than with Ogero (the source from where ISP get their internet from and distribute it to your place)

#1241 December 13 2017

vengeance666

new_user wrote:
Toufic wrote:

===> OGERO

For the past years, most of us were gaming on 1mbps or 2mbps connections. Personally I had 1mbps until 2 months before open speed upgrades came I got upgraded to 2mbps. During all that time I always played online on 60 70ms ping stable. Speed does not matter unless someone is updating their phone somewhere around the house, if you are the only person connected ping on 2mbps is the same on 10mbps. Just test it yourself by pinging some known servers , for example open up command prompt and ping lux.valve.net -t or 8.8.8.8 -t and get yourself an idea of what you would be facing ingame and if your ping is stable or it fluctuates.

#1242 January 18 2018

kareem_nasser

Anyone here noticed an increased in bandwidth? Since at work we used to have a SOHO plan 6 Mbps 150 GB quota (that was after August of course), now it is around 16 Mbps since about a month.

Meanwhile at home nothing changed though my line could handle much better speed:
wnwQ0K0.png

#1243 January 18 2018

wollyka

kareem_nasser wrote:

Anyone here noticed an increased in bandwidth? Since at work we used to have a SOHO plan 6 Mbps 150 GB quota (that was after August of course), now it is around 16 Mbps since about a month.

Meanwhile at home nothing changed though my line could handle much better speed:
https://i.imgur.com/wnwQ0K0.png

No still the same at 15 Mbps (even though my line can handle 17-18 easily)

Last edited by wollyka (January 18 2018)

#1244 January 19 2018

Toufic

wollyka wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:

Dude you're lucky... mine can handle 14-15 and they are limiting me to 6 Mbps !!!

#1245 January 19 2018

kareem_nasser

Toufic wrote:
wollyka wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:

Dude you're lucky... mine can handle 14-15 and they are limiting me to 6 Mbps !!!

@toufic same situation here but mine should be 10 Mbps. Could you please share your DSL stats?

#1246 January 20 2018

Toufic

kareem_nasser wrote:
Toufic wrote:
wollyka wrote:

@toufic same situation here but mine should be 10 Mbps. Could you please share your DSL stats?

SNR Margin     Down: 9.0 dB      Up: 12.0 dB

Line Attenuation
Down: 44.5 dB:                 Up:   18.5 dB

Path Mode:
Down : Interleaved           Up: Interleaved

Interleave Depth:
Down : 64                         Up:1

Data Rate:
Down: 8224 kbps           Up:  768 kbps

MAX Rate   
Down : 8960 kbps              Up:   1112 kbps

POWER    
Down: 19.5 dbm               Up: 11.5 dbm

POWER    

INP    
Down : 1.8 symbols          Up:  0.0 symbols

CRC   
Down: CRC                        Up : 0

#1247 January 20 2018

wollyka

Toufic wrote:
wollyka wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:

Yeah, but they are saying that they offering 15 Mbps but they are capping it at 12.5 Mbps max too.
At first, they set it at 12 Mbps but capping it at 10 Mbps (i was 8 Mbps before the upgrade). After nagging and taking full responsibility if my line quality dropped, they upgraded it to 15 (i was requesting 17 Mbps) but effectively i am getting now 12/12.5 Mbps (the modem shows 15 Mbps sync btw)

Last edited by wollyka (January 20 2018)

#1248 January 21 2018

kfc

Toufic wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:
Toufic wrote:

Line Attenuation

Path Mode:

Interleave Depth:

Data Rate:

MAX Rate   

POWER    

POWER    

INP    

CRC   

you can't have 15mbps with such stats. 6-7 is your max.

#1249 January 21 2018

Toufic

kfc wrote:
Toufic wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:

Line Attenuation

Path Mode:

Interleave Depth:

Data Rate:

MAX Rate   

POWER    

POWER    

INP    

CRC   

When they first opened the speed, it was reaching that (15Mbps).... they are capping it
And a a month and a half ago, it was exactly 9.9Mbps Down (before it was 11-12).... so again, they are capping it dude to 7Mbps now

Last edited by Toufic (January 21 2018)

#1250 January 21 2018

kfc

Toufic wrote:
kfc wrote:
Toufic wrote:

Line Attenuation

Path Mode:

Interleave Depth:

Data Rate:

MAX Rate   

POWER    

POWER    

INP    

CRC   

When they first opened the speed, it was reaching that (15Mbps).... they are capping it
And a a month and a half ago, it was exactly 9.9Mbps Down (before it was 11-12).... so again, they are capping it dude to 7Mbps now

My attenuation is 14. yet I barely reach the speed of 13 megabits per second. so there is no way you can obtain such a speed with an attenuation that is three times more than mine.

The following website shows that for your attenuation, the maximum speed you can get is 7.5 megabits per second
https://www.speedguide.net/dsl_speed_calc.php

Board footer