LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1201 August 3 2017

Toufic

Re: Feedback for IDM

Silentcontrol wrote:

i contacted idm i got one of the best customer support guy i know he can't do a lot to help me but at least he contacted me on a personal level to explain to me stuff he couldn't explain on the monitored line of IDM.
not gona give names to protect this guy's privacy but i respect what he did he basically told me that he has no idea if they are limiting my speed anjd some other stuff.
if this guy is on lebgeeks i wish that he can send me a direct message i will not tell on him i promise.

Well that's the funniest thing i heard all day.
Don't get me wrong here, but if a tech support for an internet provider is not aware if they are or are not limiting speed....
(it's not something that should be even questionable )

Anyway, i read somewhere that Ogero are considering unlimited night traffic for open speeds.
As soon as that happens, going to make the switch.

But i can't keep saying this enough:
As long as you are not a heavy downloader, switch to OGERO ASAP, they are not capping their speeds and on twitter people from all over lebanon are reporting 14+ Mbps... still not the most stable but they'll get there once active cabinet are installed.

With IDM i have yet to see anyone post something that goes above  9mbps or any information regarding increase in speed.
Typical lebanese bull shit, charging people money for half the service that's being advertised and promised !

#1202 August 3 2017

Silentcontrol

Toufic wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:

i contacted idm i got one of the best customer support guy i know he can't do a lot to help me but at least he contacted me on a personal level to explain to me stuff he couldn't explain on the monitored line of IDM.
not gona give names to protect this guy's privacy but i respect what he did he basically told me that he has no idea if they are limiting my speed anjd some other stuff.
if this guy is on lebgeeks i wish that he can send me a direct message i will not tell on him i promise.

Don't get me wrong here, but if a tech support for an internet provider is not aware if they are or are not limiting speed....

Anyway, i read somewhere that Ogero are considering unlimited night traffic for open speeds.

As long as you are not a heavy downloader, switch to OGERO ASAP, they are not capping their speeds and on twitter people from all over lebanon are reporting 14+ Mbps... still not the most stable but they'll get there once active cabinet are installed.

With IDM i have yet to see anyone post something that goes above  9mbps or any information regarding increase in speed.
Typical lebanese bull shit, charging people money for half the service that's being advertised and promised !

i totally agree with you i will monitor my quota usage then ask ogero for DSL service on a different line.
there should be a way to sue for false advertising or something come on 9.999 ?!! and they want me to believe it is random i used to be on an 8mb plan before the upgrade i get around 100 kB/s more now i'm sure if that was my limit they wouldn't have given me 8mb at the 1st place .
ogero less ping more speed if they get unlimited nights i dont see how idm can still compete.
i don't mind if they said we have a 10mb limit but we are the only one with unlimited nights and make the customer choose his priorities.

#1203 August 3 2017

H.S

I can't ping anything via CMD, anyone having this? request timed out, 100% packet loss!

#1204 August 4 2017

random_name

So yesterday I called IDM complaining about not getting my upgrade. So the support guy told me that the department cannot grant me a speed upgrade because during the testing phase when the speed reached 6.5mbps my snr dropped to 7-9dB. However, since then I changed the outer phone cable and the connectors to my house and SNR jumped 3-4dB up. The support guy wouldnt even listen even when I told him that I changed the cable and stubbornly refused to understand what I was telling him. So I told him that if he wont consider the cable change dropping, 2mbps from the 6.5mbps and setting the speed to 4-4.5dB would solve the SRN problem. Again, he wouldnt listen for some reason and told me to talk to customer care on extension 2. Like WTF, this isnt black or white. I am sure that my line can handle more than 2mbps down and 0.5up (which is set by them since the sync rate is exactly the same as the old plan for the 0.001th digit) since my SNR is around 19-20.
Any advice? who should I talk to?

#1205 August 4 2017

AVOlio

Change to Ogero.
It's worth not having internet for a couple of weeks.

#1206 August 4 2017

nuclearcat

random_name wrote:

Any advice? who should I talk to?

My advice, if support refuse to listen to you - switch to another ISP.

#1207 August 4 2017

m0ei

IDM upped my speed from 8mbps to 13mbps...

Max:    Upstream rate = 1234 Kbps, Downstream rate = 20756 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 766 Kbps, Downstream rate = 13000 Kbps

Probably capped also at 13mpbs.

I noticed that, the more they increase the speed, the Noise Margin drops which causes the SNR to drop. Current SNR is 13.4 at 13mpbs. Is this how things supposed to work?

I still have a noisy line? How can things be improved beyond that?

Last edited by m0ei (August 4 2017)

#1208 August 4 2017

random_name

After many calls and arguments I finally got my line upgraded from 2mbps to 5mbps with an SNR of 10dB.

#1209 August 4 2017

m0ei

Friend of mine and his brother are subscribed with IDM on 2 lines.

My friend's DSP is Ogero, the other is GDS. My friend currently have 15mbps, his brother is capped to 7mbps. They both live in the same house, they tried swapping phone jacks and both had similar values.

His brother will be moving to Ogero if he the speed doesn't change anytime soon.

Here's my current stats:
RBB2waK.png

I emailed them again because the SNR margin is still good enough for a higher speed.

#1210 August 4 2017

nuclearcat

Toufic wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:

Guy might be 1st level support, they dont have access anywhere that far, that he can check if there is limit.

#1211 August 6 2017

m0ei

IDM FUPed me it seems?

Current speed is 2-3 mbps, down from capped 13mbps. If I do a speedtest to a lebanese server, I get around 12mbps but I get 2 mbps to Europe.

EDIT: Seems like they started applying their FUP policy, I've been with them for like 5-6 years and that's the first time they actually apply that policy. More reasons to switch to Ogero.

Last edited by m0ei (August 6 2017)

#1212 August 6 2017

nuclearcat

Try downloading many files or torrent with good seeders amount. It  might be tcp/ip stack tuning issue

#1213 August 6 2017

m0ei

nuclearcat wrote:

Try downloading many files or torrent with good seeders amount. It  might be tcp/ip stack tuning issue

I already tried without any luck. I also tried with a VPN.

EDIT: Seems it's back to normal now, no clue what's going on.
EDIT2: It's going up and down lol...

Last edited by m0ei (August 6 2017)

#1214 August 7 2017

random_name

Anyone facing weird timeouts and DNS problems? I noticed it yesterday in the evening

#1215 August 7 2017

anayman_k7

m0ei wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

I already tried without any luck. I also tried with a VPN.

EDIT: Seems it's back to normal now, no clue what's going on.
EDIT2: It's going up and down lol...

Yesterday also I faced some internet speed problems, it is not FUP by any means because it was during the limited daytime, maybe they had some issues, when I'm back today from work I'll test it again

#1216 August 7 2017

Toufic

IDM users only (or if you know someone with IDM please ask them & share):

What is the maximum speed that you are reaching on speed test ?

Anyone above 9-10 Mbps ?

Anyone has a download speed above 1Mb/sec ?

Last edited by Toufic (August 7 2017)

#1217 August 7 2017

Silentcontrol

Not me im magically syncing at 9.999 with 21 atenuation and 11 snr

#1218 August 7 2017

anayman_k7

I sync above 10.000, sometimes 11.000 and Fast/SpeedTest usually is like 1MB slower than the synced rate, because my house is far from the Central I cant confirm going above 10mbps, the max I saw was 9.7mbps

#1219 August 7 2017

Toufic

Silentcontrol wrote:

Magically... LOL
Here's my magic:

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    766 / 10.999
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    16,0 / 34,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    14,0 / 13,5

Though on speed test i never reach anything higher than 9.1 Mbps
And upload barely at 0.4Mbps

#1220 August 7 2017

Johnaudi

Toufic wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:

Magically... LOL
Here's my magic:

May I ask how far are you from the CO?

#1221 August 7 2017

Toufic

Johnaudi wrote:
Toufic wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:

Magically... LOL
Here's my magic:

May I ask how far are you from the CO?

According to IDM support it's 1.5-2Km. (i'm connected to Hamra central)
Then asked Ogero a couple of days after that and just before the upgrade, they said it's 2-2.5Km (Sa2iet El Janzir central)

#1222 August 7 2017

m0ei

I'm really considering switching to Ogero. This nonsense "capping" people rather than giving them open speed like Ogero is shitty. The problem lies with GDS, if you're DSP is Ogero you get real open speed.

#1223 August 7 2017

wollyka

Toufic wrote:

IDM users only (or if you know someone with IDM please ask them & share):

What is the maximum speed that you are reaching on speed test ?

Anyone above 9-10 Mbps ?

Anyone has a download speed above 1Mb/sec ?

I am getting 12.5 Mbps
6523580252.png

My modem is synchronizing at 15 Mbps. I am getting 1.3 MB/s on some downloads but not always. I am 800 m away from Mazraa CO so basically i should get higher speeds. I was getting 13 Mbps last week but after i emailed them and asked them why my speed is low, they increased it to 15 Mbps..
And yes they are locking the speed, since if you tweak the SNR margin, you won't get any increase in speed..

Last edited by wollyka (August 8 2017)

#1224 August 8 2017

hishjwnz

Fun times sponsored by IDM.
Today the modem is syncing at 2 Mbps (after ~15 days of syncing at 4Mbps) and they changed the modulation to ADSL2+ after being G.DMT.

http://i.imgur.com/1KrYbuy.jpg

#1225 August 15 2017

Toufic

I experienced disconnection and several consecutive modem reboots in the past 2 days.

I was syncing at 10.999.

And today i noticed how slow the connection is and was curious to check the stats:

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    506 / 5.821
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [KB/KB]:    0,00 / 0,00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 17,5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    20,5 / 38,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    4,0 / 26,0

It used to be:

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    766 / 10.998
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [KB/KB]:    0,00 / 0,00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 18,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    16,5 / 34,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    14,5 / 7,0

Anyone else experienced a drop in speed ?

Board footer