LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1151 August 1 2017

kfc

Re: Feedback for IDM

partam wrote:

Open speed my @$$

My line stat

Data Rate
Max Rate

and my download speed is 2Mbps
I guess it's time to switch to Ogero.....

My friend's max rate is 14000 but IDM is giving him 8000 as actual rate...

#1152 August 1 2017

wollyka

partam wrote:
wollyka wrote:

If you read the email sent by them

Changes to new plans and/or speeds will be effective after the expiry of your August subscription.

So did anyone recharge today and got a speed upgrade?

New plans as if you want to change the automatic upgrades to another plan.
We already got the open speed on the account Management page...

only the quota was upgraded but the speed remained the same (8 Mbits like the old plan). At least for me until now.

Last edited by wollyka (August 1 2017)

#1153 August 1 2017

anayman_k7

My speed was updated few days ago, was 4mbps now I reach around 8mbps with sometimes 10mbps, my quota was updated today to 120GB, I have to spend 85GB till 13th of August :) with unlimited night

#1154 August 1 2017

tiny fx

anayman_k7 wrote:

My speed was updated few days ago, was 4mbps now I reach around 8mbps with sometimes 10mbps, my quota was updated today to 120GB, I have to spend 85GB till 13th of August :) with unlimited night

how is the ping?

#1155 August 1 2017

anayman_k7

tiny fx wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

how is the ping?

Still the same around 100 to 130ms, please be aware are using something called interleaving to enhance the speed which add around 40ms to the ping, but now with the high bandwidth you wont be affected when someone plays a video or check Facebook

#1156 August 1 2017

Toufic

Just got home from work and logged into my IDM account:

Your username: L43XXXX

You are currently subscribed to Capped_DSL OS 70GB
Your Total Consumption for August 2017 is 444.5 MB. (Note here that i was not home all day long: What the f**** 445Mb :s ????? )

download is at : 1.1mb/sec

Open speed bullshit: a few weeks ago i was reaching 12-14Mbps now it's barely getting to 8-9Mbps..
ISP seem to cap speeds for their users !!

Last edited by Toufic (August 1 2017)

#1157 August 1 2017

hishjwnz

Wanna hear a funny short story?
My speed had been upgraded from 2M to 4M around July 20. Today it's downgraded back to 2M. Didnt call them yet as i'm not in the mood to listen to their silly excuses.

#1158 August 1 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

hishjwnz wrote:

My speed had been upgraded from 2M to 4M around July 20. Today it's downgraded back to 2M. Didnt call them yet as i'm not in the mood to listen to their silly excuses.

Post your line stats

#1159 August 1 2017

hishjwnz

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
hishjwnz wrote:

Post your line stats

Well i don't see how it could have anything to do with my line stats.. Here they are.

http://i.imgur.com/F7Q6Amj.jpg

Mode: ADSL_G.dmt
                           Downstream    Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):                On    On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):                319    150
Attenuation (0.1 dB):                195    110
Output Power (0.1 dBm):       153    121
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    12,564    1,272

Last edited by hishjwnz (August 1 2017)

#1160 August 1 2017

Silentcontrol

so i am not the only one who didn't get the speed upgrade ? i got the quota but not the open speed i am on GDS currently on the 6mb plan

#1161 August 1 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

hishjwnz wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
hishjwnz wrote:

Post your line stats

Well i don't see how it could have anything to do with my line stats.. Here they are.

http://i.imgur.com/F7Q6Amj.jpg

Mode: ADSL_G.dmt
                           Downstream    Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):                On    On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):                319    150
Attenuation (0.1 dB):                195    110
Output Power (0.1 dBm):       153    121
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    12,564    1,272

I just had to be sure about if your line is limiting your speed or them, it's clearly them

#1162 August 1 2017

Toufic

Be certain that it's them.

Check mine:

Modulation:    G.992.5 Annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    766 / 10.998
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [KB/KB]:    0,00 / 0,00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 17,5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    16,5 / 35,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    14,5 / 12,5

When i disconnect everyone in the house from the connection and i do my speed test; it gets to 8.5 to 9.1 mbps.

And here are the line stats a couple of weeks ago:

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    766 / 13.998
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 18,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    16,0 / 34,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    14,0 / 7,0

#1163 August 1 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Toufic wrote:

Be certain that it's them.

Check mine:

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    766 / 10.998
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 17,5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    16,5 / 35,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    14,5 / 12,5

When i disconnect everyone in the house from the connection and i do my speed test; it gets to 8.5 to 9.1 mbps.

And here are the line stats a couple of weeks ago:

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    766 / 13.998
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 18,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    16,0 / 34,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    14,0 / 7,0

it's your line here that is limiting your speed you can know it by snr margin <14db

#1164 August 1 2017

wollyka

I had an old speedtouch modem with SNR tweaking. I tried tweaking the SNR margin. In the modem stats, it appears that the SNR tweak is working, I lowered it from 14 to 9 and even 6 (at 6 the CRC errors started appearing). However, the speed was still fixed at 12 Mbps and it didn't changed at all which is weird..

#1165 August 1 2017

random_name

Silentcontrol wrote:

so i am not the only one who didn't get the speed upgrade ? i got the quota but not the open speed i am on GDS currently on the 6mb plan

No you're not. Some regions got the speed upgrade while others didnt. I personally haven't got it yet.

#1166 August 1 2017

kfc

so has any IDM user gotten any speed greater than 10 mbps?

#1167 August 1 2017

wollyka

kfc wrote:

so has any IDM user gotten any speed greater than 10 mbps?

i am synchronizing at 12 but getting 10, but my line can handle easily 15 Mbps!!! my SNR is 17 now at 12 Mbps

Last edited by wollyka (August 2 2017)

#1168 August 1 2017

Silentcontrol

i sent an email for IDM telling them i can't reach them by phone they called back here is what happened the guy made me disconnect then connect (very important step as if i didnt try it a million times today)
then he told me that i have the upgrade look my download speed is 6mb-_- i told him that i was on 6 mb before the upgrade then he came back at me with well thats the max you can handle on your line ( my max calculate is 18 mb snr 19 line atenuation 19) i replied but a couple of monthes ago i was on 8mb had to downgrade because i was no home enough to benefit from it .
he got surprised and told me he'll call me back.
didn;t hear from him for 5 hours, and still can't contact them by phone.

#1169 August 2 2017

Toufic

Silentcontrol wrote:

i sent an email for IDM telling them i can't reach them by phone they called back here is what happened the guy made me disconnect then connect (very important step as if i didnt try it a million times today)
then he told me that i have the upgrade look my download speed is 6mb-_- i told him that i was on 6 mb before the upgrade then he came back at me with well thats the max you can handle on your line ( my max calculate is 18 mb snr 19 line atenuation 19) i replied but a couple of monthes ago i was on 8mb had to downgrade because i was no home enough to benefit from it .

From my personal customer experience with IDM, they're not the smartest when it comes to answering your question nor the best at providing accurate ones that concur with your internet capacity.

It seems that indeed they've did and will cap the speeds because they lack the equipment to actually provide open speeds to all users and depending on how much their lines can handle.
Add to that the Fair Usage Policy.

The only thing going for them is the unlimited night traffic. Aside that, if you're not a heavy downloader... my advice switch to ogero.

#1170 August 2 2017

Tech Guru

Toufic wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:

From my personal customer experience with IDM, they're not the smartest when it comes to answering your question nor the best at providing accurate ones that concur with your internet capacity.

It seems that indeed they've did and will cap the speeds because they lack the equipment to actually provide open speeds to all users and depending on how much their lines can handle.
Add to that the Fair Usage Policy.

The only thing going for them is the unlimited night traffic. Aside that, if you're not a heavy downloader... my advice switch to ogero.

I totally Agree. IDM technical support is mediocre.

#1171 August 2 2017

m0ei

IDM just upgraded my speed to 8mbps! My line can freaking handle up to 18mbps and they gave me 8mbps.

Hello Ogero... here I come.

EDIT: Noise Margin dropped from 17dB to 9-10dB.

Last edited by m0ei (August 2 2017)

#1172 August 2 2017

kfc

m0ei wrote:

IDM just upgraded my speed to 8mbps! My line can freaking handle up to 18mbps and they gave me 8mbps.

It means that you have high noise and you cant take more than 8 now.

#1173 August 2 2017

m0ei

I still haven't checked the line from the phone box my home... I will today.

#1174 August 2 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

kfc wrote:
m0ei wrote:

It means that you have high noise and you cant take more than 8 now.

Yeah when snr margin reaches that lvl it limits your speed

#1175 August 2 2017

wollyka

m0ei wrote:

Which CO? and did the SNR margin dropped after the upgrade or was it 17 at 8 Mbps in the morning and it just dropped now?

Board footer