LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#801 November 10 2015

Abou7meed

Re: Feedback for IDM

eliminator wrote:

@Abou7meed
For the upload true, the client support asked me also to repeat the whole process and pay around 50$ to switch DSP backbone. And then they can give me the 1 upload.

If you can see now SODETEL is boosting its marketing as a final breath to bring back customers, they are literally broke... And IDM is following their path... I have been with IDM for 3 years... the connection was once down for 2 straight month, a second time for two weeks...

As soon as I have time I will be cancel my subscription with them and try out connect the wireless thing

Same here between 6:pm and 11 pm I have the crappiest connection ever....

IDM was good, now it is became just as anyother "dekkeneh"...

The Upload thing was never clarified at the beginning, lama (tekol edarob)  .... Ohh Mesyoo there must be misunderstanding, cancel and pay and bla bla bla

and the slow down time is weird, I think they themselves know about the issue and (hopefully working on it)  but never tell anyone !

By the way, they changed my account to the Dynamic Real IP thing, slow time (6-7 to 11-12 PM) is still the same,
I didn't notice that major drop down in ping times..... - 10/20 ms maybe (in some Xbox One games)

#802 November 11 2015

Abou7meed

By the way, I used to subscribe to rapidgator to download Movies/Music/Games....But (Resume Supported  =  to pause/resume your download) can't work on IDM connection, I tried Wise On IDM and 2 different DSL locations no luck, seems IDM uses something to lock this feature,
But on Ogero/Terranet connection the resume feature works normally,

What about other file host sharing on IDM,  Uploaded.net / hugefiles / .......what do you use guys to download ?!

#803 November 11 2015

NAM

I use torrent "bittorrent" easy and fast .. read posts before downloading things on your pc .. some torrents have viruses

#804 November 11 2015

Abou7meed

NAM wrote:

I use torrent "bittorrent" easy and fast .. read posts before downloading things on your pc .. some torrents have viruses

You can download warez (Music/Games/Software/etc...) either by
1. Torrents (peer-to-peer connection)
2. Direct links (file hosting servers) ex: rapidgator , uploaded , etc....

Usually direct links are faster and doesn't depend on "seeding" of what you want !

#805 November 12 2015

Silentcontrol

Any idea if idm uses interleaving? And if yes do you know if i can ask them to disable it?

Last edited by Silentcontrol (November 12 2015)

#806 November 12 2015

Super Official

Silentcontrol wrote:

Any idea if idm uses interleaving? And if yes do you know if i can ask them to disable it?

They use it, yes, every ISP uses it. I talked to them about turning it off and changing to fast path and they said that we did everything possible to reduce pings on your line and that there is no thing as interleaving. Then I sent them an email containing a link about interleaving, and they said "sir, ma baaref aan chou aam tehke bass ma fi chi esmo interleaving". I told them to get informed and ask anyone about it and they hung up on me!

#807 November 13 2015

anthonyf96

Well today i called them to ask them about high latency and slow download speeds. I told the support guy that using vpn is boosting download speed from 20 kB to 230 kB and guess what he answered...... "there must be some internal problem in your modem, you must change it"... like really? -_- Does he even know what a vpn is? Then i asked him if i m getting throttled and he told me to hold on. I waited more than 10 min "holding on" then hang up and recalled. Another guy answered and I re asked him if i m getting throttled so he told me that there is congestion on my central and that i have to wait even when i told him that vpn "solves" my problem. Its like he indirectly confirmed that they are throttling.

#808 November 13 2015

Super Official

anthonyf96 wrote:

Well today i called them to ask them about high latency and slow download speeds. I told the support guy that using vpn is boosting download speed from 20 kB to 230 kB and guess what he answered...... "there must be some internal problem in your modem, you must change it"... like really? -_- Does he even know what a vpn is? Then i asked him if i m getting throttled and he told me to hold on. I waited more than 10 min "holding on" then hang up and recalled. Another guy answered and I re asked him if i m getting throttled so he told me that there is congestion on my central and that i have to wait even when i told him that vpn "solves" my problem. Its like he indirectly confirmed that they are throttling.

Just a question, what VPN are you using and how does latency get affected?

#809 November 18 2015

Silentcontrol

hey guys does anyone of you know what interleaving is and if idm give us the possibility to disable it ?
i know that ogero does it .

#810 November 18 2015

NAM

Silentcontrol wrote:

hey guys does anyone of you know what interleaving is and if idm give us the possibility to disable it ?
i know that ogero does it .

Read the last 10-20 comments in this post

#811 November 19 2015

anthonyf96

Supper Official i m using hotspot shield elite. It stabilizes my frequency at around 110 ms. However everything seems throttled: app store, google Play store, steam , League of legends... How can i convince them to stop throttling... I mean steam store updates at 40 kB/s without vpn and 230 kB with vpn... I m 200% sure i m getting heavily throttled and either the supports are idiots or they dont want to admit it.

#812 November 19 2015

NAM

anthonyf96 wrote:

Supper Official i m using hotspot shield elite. It stabilizes my frequency at around 110 ms. However everything seems throttled: app store, google Play store, steam , League of legends... How can i convince them to stop throttling... I mean steam store updates at 40 kB/s without vpn and 230 kB with vpn... I m 200% sure i m getting heavily throttled and either the supports are idiots or they dont want to admit it.

what is you monthly download usage ? I mean it makes no sense for them to throttle you unless you have a tremendous usage !!! also can you please check your security (wifi password + scan your pc for viruses and malware).

#813 November 19 2015

Georges00

They throttle. I told you so. They admitted it when I talked to them :)

#814 November 20 2015

Silentcontrol

Guys they do use interleaving but unfortunately the wont disable it they say it is impossible not feasible althought i told them other isps do it.
Anyway to getthe good info dont call them send them an email to support@idm.net.lb

#815 November 20 2015

anthonyf96

@NAM I barely reach 60% of my total quota (last month 28/50 GB). My Wifi is secure plus no viruses/ malwares on my PC, I take good care of it

#816 November 30 2015

Super Official

Does anyone have an idea on how long will it take to switch from IDM to Ogero? I really need unlimited internet and IDM's FUP is just aweful, throttling you even after watching a couple of YouTube videos. And I need at least 150gb a month.

#817 December 2 2015

MAD

i think 3 months since you cannot apply to ogero before removing IDM

edit: unless you have "WASTA" in IDM and "WASTA" in OGERO and "WASTA" in the nearest central

Last edited by MAD (December 2 2015)

#818 December 2 2015

Silentcontrol

Super Official wrote:

Does anyone have an idea on how long will it take to switch from IDM to Ogero? I really need unlimited internet and IDM's FUP is just aweful, throttling you even after watching a couple of YouTube videos. And I need at least 150gb a month.

just get the 8mb 100GB plan and pay 6$ extra for the unlimited night traffic
there is no FUP on 6 and 8 mb plans

#819 December 2 2015

Super Official

Silentcontrol wrote:
Super Official wrote:

Well i would if i my line supports it. But it doesn't.

#820 December 2 2015

Silentcontrol

Super Official wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:
Super Official wrote:

do you know how to get the S/N ratio from your router?
if yes can you give me the numbers ?

#821 December 2 2015

Super Official

Silentcontrol wrote:
Super Official wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:

do you know how to get the S/N ratio from your router?
if yes can you give me the numbers ?

I have 2M. Attenuation is 47dB down and sn margin is 25 down. Don't remember the other numbers as i have my modem set to bridge mode. I think I can get 5-6 mbps, but sure I can't get 8mbps.

#822 December 2 2015

Anthony2000

just started my new 2mbps unlimited plan with IDM this month. all i can say is that calling it a 2mbps connection is a joke. cant even get to 1mbps with all the FUP, does ogero have FUP on unlimited plans?

#823 December 3 2015

Raficoo

Anthony2000 wrote:

just started my new 2mbps unlimited plan with IDM this month. all i can say is that calling it a 2mbps connection is a joke. cant even get to 1mbps with all the FUP, does ogero have FUP on unlimited plans?

Ogero has absolutely no FUP whatsoever on all its plans, but they only offer one unlimited plan(2mbps). I've been on this plan since August 2014 and I haven't noticed a single drop in speed or spike in latency even after downloading sometimes 150GBs in one month. If you really need true unlimited and $50/month is not a problem for you I'd highly recommend it.

Last edited by Raficoo (December 3 2015)

#824 December 3 2015

dav

there is no way you can get the 8mbps with ogero unless you have snr margin for download > 60db... i used to have the 2mbps with an snr of 35db and when i switched to 4mbps it decreased to 24db and i started to get crc errors everytime i get a phone call..

#825 December 3 2015

Abou7meed

Super Official wrote:

What plan are you now ?
Btw, I am IDM user on 4MB/50GB downloading almost every night, didn't notice any FUP, been with them 1.5 month only,

Board footer