LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#776 October 31 2015

NAM

Re: Feedback for IDM

I never had a problem with download with IDM .. I am subscribed to the 4mbps plan and i get a 420kbps which is as good as any other ISP can promise .. this is due to the state of phone cables in lebanon among other factors .. so please don't start throwing accusations .. if you are not happy with IDM please take Ogero's offer ... they offer the best internet connection (ping and no FUP) but no free night quota .. may the force be with you

#777 November 1 2015

StannisTheMannis

NAM wrote:

they offer the best internet connection (ping and no FUP) but no free night quota .. may the force be with you

If I downloaded around 3gb while on limited and then another 4gb during unlimited time , I wont get FUP?

#778 November 1 2015

Super Official

StannisTheMannis wrote:
NAM wrote:

they offer the best internet connection (ping and no FUP) but no free night quota .. may the force be with you

If I downloaded around 3gb while on limited and then another 4gb during unlimited time , I wont get FUP?

I actually talked to them about that a week ago, they told me limited plans have no fup even with unlimited night, but, they might add fup to night traffic in the future.

#779 November 2 2015

Abou7meed

Hey guys,

Question 1:
~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday the waiting time was over and my new DSL line was connected, I subscribed to (4 Mb/1 Mb) 50 GB plan,
The download speed was fine but the upload was actually 512 kbps and not 1 Mbps !!
I called 1282 we checked the line atten. and SN margin the results was great...he will open a case in this to see why its 512 and not 1 Mb !

Anyone has the plan here ?
do they really provide 1 Mbps as upload ? or its a dream!

Question 2:
~~~~~~~~~
I heard from a lot of people here that IDM has a pool for online gamers, where you can ask the support to put you inside this pool with low pings (& real IPs maybe...I don't know)
So does this pool really make difference ... anyone tried this before and after ?
I have XboxOne and ping really is important to me...

Why didn't I choose Ogero ?  Because of the unlimited night traffic.

Thanks,

#780 November 2 2015

Super Official

Abou7meed wrote:

Hey guys,

Question 1:
~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday the waiting time was over and my new DSL line was connected, I subscribed to (4 Mb/1 Mb) 50 GB plan,
The download speed was fine but the upload was actually 512 kbps and not 1 Mbps !!
I called 1282 we checked the line atten. and SN margin the results was great...he will open a case in this to see why its 512 and not 1 Mb !

Question 2:
~~~~~~~~~
I heard from a lot of people here that IDM has a pool for online gamers, where you can ask the support to put you inside this pool with low pings (& real IPs maybe...I don't know)
So does this pool really make difference ... anyone tried this before and after ?

Thanks,

As for the upload, check your modulation, if it's re-ADSL2 or G.992.3 Annex L US Wide or US Narrow, max upload is 512kbps. So if it is the case ask them to change it to adsl2+

#781 November 2 2015

Abou7meed

First of all, thanks for the reply,

Well right now I am at work and have a screenshot of the stats of yesterday,
is it this ?
   DSL type:   ITU-T G.992.5
(this can be found on the same page where you can see the Line atten., SN margin and bandwidth)
My modem is the technicolor one,

you mean, IDM can change it from their side...or I must do it from the modem itself ?

#782 November 2 2015

Super Official

Abou7meed wrote:

First of all, thanks for the reply,

Well right now I am at work and have a screenshot of the stats of yesterday,
is it this ?
   DSL type:   ITU-T G.992.5
(this can be found on the same page where you can see the Line atten., SN margin and bandwidth)
My modem is the technicolor one,

you mean, IDM can change it from their side...or I must do it from the modem itself ?

That's adsl2+, yes IDM can change between RE-ADSL2 and ADSL2+ depending on the distance, as for the speed, it's either a hardware bottleneck(distance or old cables) or their just sending 512 kbps. Check your bandwidth on your modem and send the values.

#783 November 2 2015

Abou7meed

Bandwidth  (up/down)  :  511 / 4.093
Line Atten   (up/down) :  16,3 / 24,0
SN Margin   (up/down) :  28,4 / 30,5
My central is ( راس النبع) 

I think they are sending 512 ... its from their side

#784 November 2 2015

Super Official

Abou7meed wrote:

Bandwidth  (up/down)  :  511 / 4.093
Line Atten   (up/down) :  16,3 / 24,0
SN Margin   (up/down) :  28,4 / 30,5
My central is ( راس النبع) 

I think they are sending 512 ... its from their side

Yep, they are capping your bandwidth from their side, and your line values are absolutely excellent, so you shouldn't have any problems with 4mbps down 1 up, heck, you might Even get 6mbps without any problems. Ask them to uncap it and report back.

#785 November 2 2015

NAM

Abou7meed wrote:

Hey guys,

Question 1:
~~~~~~~~~

Question 2:
~~~~~~~~~

Thanks,

1) All ISPs lie about the upload .. no home user in lebanon (with plans less than 8mbps) has 1mbps upload as far as i know they all get 512kbps to reduce traffic through Ogero (i think even people with ogero has this problem).

2) IDM has real IPs but they don't like to give them right away .. if you are a serious gamer (needing ping lower than 100ms) you have to call multiple times and they will give you 2-3 ways to fix your ping before they consider the real IP plan. i didn't ask for a real IP yet .. but i am planning to ask soon .. good luck

#786 November 2 2015

Super Official

NAM wrote:

2) IDM has real IPs but they don't like to give them right away .. if you are a serious gamer (needing ping lower than 100ms) you have to call multiple times and they will give you 2-3 ways to fix your ping before they consider the real IP plan. i didn't ask for a real IP yet .. but i am planning to ask soon .. good luck

They actually gave me a real IP from the first call, LOL. It's the 37.xxx.xxx.xxx range.

#787 November 2 2015

Abou7meed

NAM wrote:
Abou7meed wrote:

Hey guys,

Question 1:
~~~~~~~~~

Question 2:
~~~~~~~~~

Thanks,

1) All ISPs lie about the upload .. no home user in lebanon (with plans less than 8mbps) has 1mbps upload as far as i know they all get 512kbps to reduce traffic through Ogero (i think even people with ogero has this problem).

Well when I first contacted the sales I asked her multiple times and insisted on the 1 up, and she emailed me a list of all available plans...unless they are lying !
Now I contacted the support still no updates regarding my case, the NOC needs to see and judge :|

Super Official how did you find the real IP and its ping...is there difference or almost the same ?
You request that coz of online gaming ?

#788 November 2 2015

Super Official

Abou7meed wrote:
NAM wrote:
Abou7meed wrote:

Hey guys,

Question 1:
~~~~~~~~~

Question 2:
~~~~~~~~~

Thanks,

Well when I first contacted the sales I asked her multiple times and insisted on the 1 up, and she emailed me a list of all available plans...unless they are lying !
Now I contacted the support still no updates regarding my case, the NOC needs to see and judge :|

Super Official how did you find the real IP and its ping...is there difference or almost the same ?
You request that coz of online gaming ?

Yes I requested it because of gaming, first of all, I couldn't port forward before getting the real IP, now i can. Second, my pings dropped by 30-40 ms. Just ask them and request they switch you to the 37.xxx.xxx.xxx range.

#789 November 2 2015

Abou7meed

Well IDM just replied and said that my line's source is Ogero, and Ogero doesn't give more than 512 for the upload,
If I want I can cancel the process and repeat everything all over again so that my source would be GDS ... then my upload will be 1 MB !!!

I am waiting a call from a supervisor or a team leader from them...is that true !!
when I talked to their sales (since I request my subscription)  I insisted that UPLOAD is 1 MB more than 5 times !!

Offf ... I cant believe it !

#790 November 3 2015

Abou7meed

By the way, yesterday my 4 MB was very slow, it turned to 768 KB/1 MB all night till it reaches 12 / 12:15 midnight it turns back to normal ( 3.6 / 3.8 MB),
Before 12 I called the support guy,  he said its a central problem ... congestion !! lots of users !! ( my central is :   راس النبع)

I cant believe what he is saying, he told me switching to any ISP will not solve the problem (central congestion) .. maybe its an IDM congestion here !!

If what he is saying is right...then all of the central users stop browsing the net and turn off their modems at 12 sharp !! its unbelievable

Anyone with (راس النبع) having problems !?

#791 November 6 2015

Super Official

Is it just me or do speeds go down during the evening till 12:15 and it just magically goes back up to 2mbps?

#792 November 7 2015

ragdoll

Perhaps you're being throttled?

#793 November 7 2015

Super Official

ragdoll wrote:

Perhaps you're being throttled?

I have a limited plan so i don't get throttled, during the day it's 2mbps sharp, starts going down during the night starring at around 9pm untill 12:15 midnight.

#794 November 7 2015

Abou7meed

Super Official wrote:

Is it just me or do speeds go down during the evening till 12:15 and it just magically goes back up to 2mbps?

Yes 100%
at the evening speed went down ... connection get slowed down,
my 4 MB....went to 1.5 or 2, then magically at 12:15 its back to normal,

I am (IDM user as you know) at central Ras Nabeh , which central are you connected to ?
The customer support said that its the central congestion... Maybe its an IDM congestion then!

#795 November 8 2015

Super Official

Abou7meed wrote:
Super Official wrote:

Yes 100%
at the evening speed went down ... connection get slowed down,
my 4 MB....went to 1.5 or 2, then magically at 12:15 its back to normal,

I am (IDM user as you know) at central Ras Nabeh , which central are you connected to ?
The customer support said that its the central congestion... Maybe its an IDM congestion then!

I am connected to the zouk mikael central. They told me it's a central congestion, and that there are 2 lanes in the central or something like that, and that the lane that I am connected to is congested. Not buying that ****

#796 November 8 2015

Super Official

I just hope they finish the fiber network so that we can get VDSL2. Then true FTTH. I'm just imagining Lebanon having 100+ Mbps.

#797 November 8 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

keep imagining lol

#798 November 8 2015

Super Official

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

keep imagining lol

If it works out like every project we will have fiber by 2220.
But imagining having fiber is well, orgasmic. (Don't judge)

#799 November 8 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

you're right >30mbps is too good

#800 November 9 2015

eliminator

@Abou7meed
For the upload true, the client support asked me also to repeat the whole process and pay around 50$ to switch DSP backbone. And then they can give me the 1 upload.

If you can see now SODETEL is boosting its marketing as a final breath to bring back customers, they are literally broke... And IDM is following their path... I have been with IDM for 3 years... the connection was once down for 2 straight month, a second time for two weeks...

As soon as I have time I will be cancel my subscription with them and try out connect the wireless thing

Same here between 6:pm and 11 pm I have the crappiest connection ever....

IDM was good, now it is became just as anyother "dekkeneh"...

Board footer