LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#751 October 11 2015

StannisTheMannis

Re: Feedback for IDM

That's really complicated compared to just sending an email to Ogero about turning it off. I was just curious to see if i could lower my ping like some users did in the Ogero thread ,but it seems like IDM wont do it easily. Anyway thank you for trying.

#752 October 11 2015

NAM

StannisTheMannis wrote:

That's really complicated compared to just sending an email to Ogero about turning it off. I was just curious to see if i could lower my ping like some users did in the Ogero thread ,but it seems like IDM wont do it easily. Anyway thank you for trying.

OK now for the results of the 12-14 step method .. after two hours of csgo it seems that it is the same (or a bit higher :S) i was having about 130 average ms and now it is about 135ms .. maybe this is the rush hours .. i will try later in the night

#753 October 11 2015

StannisTheMannis

Will you request a real IP or it doesn't seem worth it ?

#754 October 12 2015

NAM

StannisTheMannis wrote:

Will you request a real IP or it doesn't seem worth it ?

I have now tried again i played from 3:45am till 4:30am the ping was a stable 120ms with one spike that hit 600ms for 3 seconds .. still unplayable (for competitive purposes) .. i will try to reason for a real IP and see how things go

#755 October 12 2015

StannisTheMannis

This is in no way related to turning off interleaving?

#756 October 12 2015

makhoder

There is a way to turn off interleave, I tried once with a friend that is IDM Client, and his ping decreased from 100+ to 70, around 20ms decrease depending on the servers

#757 October 12 2015

StannisTheMannis

How were you able to convince them to turn it off ?

#758 October 12 2015

makhoder

There is no way to convince to turn it off, they do not know about it.
The solution as I tested in a friend's house is to change your ADSL modulation to G.DMT (by this way Interleave was activated by itself, idk how but it worked). Most of the COs are syncronizing on ADSL2 and ADSL2+. Try setting it to G.DMT and let me know if it worked.

#759 October 12 2015

NAM

makhoder wrote:

There is no way to convince to turn it off, they do not know about it.
The solution as I tested in a friend's house is to change your ADSL modulation to G.DMT (by this way Interleave was activated by itself, idk how but it worked). Most of the COs are syncronizing on ADSL2 and ADSL2+. Try setting it to G.DMT and let me know if it worked.

I do understand that i need to do a telnet set of commands to change my technicolor to G.DMT .. can you help providing the commands ? also how to reverse in case things went wrong 

#760 October 13 2015

makhoder

Im gonna to look down for the commands, but try to google for them also

#761 October 13 2015

Super Official

I am having problems with IDM since the 27th of september, I emailed them about 40 times and talked to them on the phone for hours and they still didn't revert my bandwidth back to 2mbps. I mean come on. I told them that I never had problems with 2mbps and that I want  you to revert back to 2mbps no matter what, instability isn't an issue. And how hard is it to set my bandwidth to 2mbps? As for interleaving, I asked them if they can turn it off and they went like "WTF is interleaving"... Anyways, is it a general problem in Lebanon or just my line? Any ideas?

#762 October 13 2015

StannisTheMannis

I found these  commands. Are they correct?

#763 October 13 2015

NAM

Pending .. waiting for low usage time for testing

Last edited by NAM (October 13 2015)

#764 October 13 2015

StannisTheMannis

I was able to set the modulation to ADSL1 ( G.DMT).Speed remained the same ,and now I will test the pings for cs:go and rocket league.

#765 October 13 2015

Super Official

StannisTheMannis wrote:

I found these  commands. Are they correct?

Thanks for the link but it didn't work for me. When trying to put g992.1 the modem wouldn't connect so I had to restore it to default settings. It may work for others but it didn't work for me. My ADSL type is currently G.992.3 Annex L US Wide which is reach extended adsl2 but it has a max downstream of 5mbits and max upstream of 0.8mbits.

#766 October 13 2015

StannisTheMannis

Ping is still 130 while the router shows the modulation DSL Type:ITU-T G.992.1. You can try this "Login to the Thomson via telnet.
Type menu and use arrow and tab key to navigate.. go to xdsl, debug, multimode, and in config use the up arrow to get to g992.1_annex_a.
Press enter.. tab to ok.. press enter."as taken from here.

#767 October 13 2015

NAM

Ok i tried to ping London and i got 91-92ms on my tries .. i used to get 110-120ms .. CSGO is 110-115ms .. but download speed seems affected .. i will try again between 2-5am within the off-peak hours to see the results.
Forgot to say that i made the change to ADSL1

Last edited by NAM (October 13 2015)

#768 October 13 2015

StannisTheMannis

How can we check if the line changed from interleaving to fast path ?

#769 October 13 2015

Super Official

Changing to adsl1 (g.dmt) didn't work, my modem wouldn't dial up the broadband. Changing it back to default made it function again. Anyways, thanks for your help.

EDIT: My modem isn't the tg587 v2, I have the tg585 v7 back from 2009, but everything looks the same and every command is the same

Last edited by Super Official (October 13 2015)

#770 October 13 2015

NAM

Super Official wrote:

Changing to adsl1 (g.dmt) didn't work, my modem wouldn't dial up the broadband. Changing it back to default made it function again. Anyways, thanks for your help.

EDIT: My modem isn't the tg587 v2, I have the tg585 v7 back from 2009, but everything looks the same and every command is the same

when you connected to telnet and it asked for username and pass (username: Administrator but the pass should be blank) this is how i got it to work .. also don't forget to saveall
A quick update .. CSGO now is 96-103ms .. excellent results .. that is about 30ms lower than i used to get .. i need to test the download speed but all in all i am happier

#771 October 14 2015

Super Official

NAM wrote:
Super Official wrote:

when you connected to telnet and it asked for username and pass (username: Administrator but the pass should be blank) this is how i got it to work .. also don't forget to saveall
A quick update .. CSGO now is 96-103ms .. excellent results .. that is about 30ms lower than i used to get .. i need to test the download speed but all in all i am happier

This is exactly what i was a doing, the problem is that my connection won't work in g dmt

#772 October 30 2015

StannisTheMannis

Anyone subscribed to the 2mbs plan receiving more than 200kb/s ? Steam and torrent speed are always at 195kb/s which is annoying considering 2mbs is equal to 250kb/s.

#773 October 30 2015

Georges00

StannisTheMannis wrote:

Anyone subscribed to the 2mbs plan receiving more than 200kb/s ? Steam and torrent speed are always at 195kb/s which is annoying considering 2mbs is equal to 250kb/s.

As far as I know, IDM throttle Torrent.
My source: I was talking to a customer service representative and he told me that my torrent speed should actually be slower than usual downloads. Like seriously? He just admitted throtlling.
I was on the unlimited plan.

#774 October 30 2015

Georges00

Plus, I was asking about my unusual high ping then he suddenly tells me that on my plan it's normal and said that torrent speed should be also slower but when I told him that it's normal, he got surprised.
Stay away from them and switch to another isp

#775 October 31 2015

StannisTheMannis

Torrent speed is the same as regular downloads ,so i guess they will also be surprised ? Do other companies provide 2mb/s exactly at 250kb/s ?

Board footer