LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#676 May 29 2015

ironman

Re: Feedback for IDM

Probably a special group having an Optimized connection for gaming (lower latency)

#677 May 30 2015

m0ei

I've been paying using a bank account for the past few years, but now I switched to prepaid via a card. So I was wondering, does the quota add up between months like they used to be? or they'll simply disappear if they aren't used?

Last edited by m0ei (May 31 2015)

#678 May 30 2015

nosense

m0ei wrote:

I've been paying using a bank account for the past few years, but now I switched to prepaid via a card. So I was wondering, does the qupta  add up between months like they used to be? or they'll simply disappear if they aren't used?

they will still add up

#679 May 31 2015

Dex

aliessayli2 wrote:
m0ei wrote:

I've been paying using a bank account for the past few years, but now I switched to prepaid via a card. So I was wondering, does the qupta  add up between months like they used to be? or they'll simply disappear if they aren't used?

they will still add up

No!! they will disappear

#680 May 31 2015

nosense

Dex wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:
m0ei wrote:

they will still add up

No!! they will disappear

oh im sorry,  if they won't add up then they won't add up either using a bank account.  what I mean is that paying with bank account, credit card,  or pre paid cards doesn't make a difference,  if they add up now they will still add up and if not then no.

#681 May 31 2015

Sup3r

I'm planning to go with Ogero if IDM doesn't get the unlimited night traffic back, it's just unfair to not have it while other isp's have that. And how do you pay the "3$" since I only re-charge with a pre-paid.

As for the gaming note, I recently(2 months ago) complained and got a new IP range that have a static ping of 50ms almost virtually to anywhere. Though with 0.84 download speed or 115kb/sec. 2MB/50GB plan.

I got the ping improved just to play agar.io.

Last edited by Sup3r (May 31 2015)

#682 May 31 2015

haidcar

I have been with IDM since  mid 2008. From mid 2008- july 2014 their service has been fast, reliable, and great for gaming.

After the 2014 upgrade (Downgrade, IMHO), connection has been nothing but a nightmare, very unreliable, very slow at peak times, ping is all over the place from 100-300ms.

If you contact Tech support, they blame ogero (probably true), and that there is nothing that they can do.

I advise anyone against IDM, Ogero is way better if you plan on having a stable, reliable, and good for online gaming connection.

#683 June 3 2015

m0ei

Internet is down? Called them and he said it's down for most subscribers, they have no clue what's the problem and  it needs at least 1 hour to be fixed. That's all he said.

Last edited by m0ei (June 3 2015)

#684 June 3 2015

anthonyf96

m0ei wrote:

Internet is down? Called them and he said it's down for most subscribers, they have no clue what's the problem and  it needs at least 1 hour to be fixed. That's all he said.

In my case i have internet and can browse normally but another problem appeared an hour ago. I can't seem to be able to connect to online game servers. Patchers work just fine but i have a login issue.

#685 June 3 2015

m0ei

4 hours have passed and the internet is still down.

#686 June 3 2015

m0ei

For some reason, Google DNS was blocked from their side!! He said you should switch back to IDM's DNS. WTF is this shit, there are stuff I can't access.

#687 June 3 2015

Hybrid

m0ei wrote:

For some reason, Google DNS was blocked from their side!! He said you should switch back to IDM's DNS. WTF is this shit, there are stuff I can't access.

There are many public dns servers, they can't block them all

#688 June 9 2015

Anthony2000

i was just curious as to why i am getting under 130 kb/ps download speed (very rarely above 130kbps) when i am paying for the 6mbps plan... i am connected to my router through Ethernet and i have not yet surpassed my 60 gb limit, but the download speeds are just awful anyway. will calling them and just ranting solve the problem? when i first subscribed (october) the speeds were 160-200 kbps but the just turned to sh*t a few months later. what speeds should i expect from the 6 mbps plan? right now my steam download speed is not peaking above 40 kbps for example

Last edited by Anthony2000 (June 9 2015)

#689 June 10 2015

random-username

130 kbps is a bit more than 1Mbps; you're getting 1/6 of what you're paying for. If the maximum attainable speed is 160-200 kbps why not grab the 2Mbps 50GB plan for half the price?

How far are you from the "central"?

#690 June 10 2015

Anthony2000

i live in jounieh but i dont know where the central is. any idea how i can find out? thanks for the help!

#691 June 10 2015

Anthony2000

my current steam download speeds: http://imgur.com/k0kwVPL

Last edited by Anthony2000 (June 10 2015)

#692 June 11 2015

BetterGoogleIt

I would recommend checking if anything else is updating in the background or any member of your family is using the internet heavily

#693 June 11 2015

Anthony2000

i am connected to my router with ethernet, i made sure i have no downloads going except for steam, and my family wasn't home when i took the screenshot of my steam speeds. and i called idm and they told me that i get my internet from Jounieh central, so not too far ( i live in sahel alma) i just can not see anyone or anything i can put the blame on except for IDM.

Last edited by Anthony2000 (June 11 2015)

#694 June 11 2015

haidcar

@Anthony2000 if the CO is more than 3-4KM away from your house than you are in for a problem, DSL is pretty bad in covering long distances

#695 June 12 2015

NAM

Anthony2000 wrote:

Yesterday they had a problem .. i had similar experience .. please check today as this seems to be fixed :)

#696 June 12 2015

NAM

On another Topic i did a trace route for proxy today and it seems that my connection goes to pakistan then spain then canada then usa (about 17 hops to get to usa and a total of 22 hops) .. any ideas about this and have anyone tried this.

#697 June 12 2015

Anthony2000

NAM wrote:
Anthony2000 wrote:

Yesterday they had a problem .. i had similar experience .. please check today as this seems to be fixed :)

Yh my speeds today are much better, hovering around the 150 kb/s mark, but i am paying for the 6m plan, and i know it's impossible to get all 6megs , but common 150kb/s isn't even a quarter of what i should be getting.

Last edited by Anthony2000 (June 12 2015)

#698 June 12 2015

Kazouza

It is possible that your line can't handle that speed, it would be better to downgrade to another plan.

#699 June 12 2015

Anthony2000

yh i thought of that, but i remember when i had a 2mbps plan and called IDM to upgrade it to 6mbps, they told me they had to check if my line could support that speed, and called me back and told me that everything is fine and that the upgrade was complete. but i have never in my life seen my download speed peak above 200kb/s, so i don't know if they are scamming me or what...

#700 June 12 2015

Kazouza

Did you tell them though? That ever since the upgrade your speed never went above 200kb/s?

Board footer