LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#601 February 27 2015

NAM

Re: Feedback for IDM

I subscribed when they announced the new quotas a year ago .. they took 1 month to deliver the router and two weeks to give me the username and password .. but according to work friend they installed everything within 2 weeks
Good luck

#602 March 12 2015

haidcar

Anyone having difficulty reaching .lb websites. I can seem to open idm.net.lb, lau.edu.lb, aub.edu.lb, ogero.com.lb...

It works on 3G, but on my DSL.

#603 March 12 2015

Hybrid

haidcar wrote:

Anyone having difficulty reaching .lb websites. I can seem to open idm.net.lb, lau.edu.lb, aub.edu.lb, ogero.com.lb...

It works on 3G, but on my DSL.

Seems likegoogle DNS not resolving the .lb... at least that's whats happening with me...

#604 March 12 2015

haidcar

you are right. i switched back to IDM's DNS and now these websites work.

#605 March 22 2015

andrew55

I've been experiencing high ping to Beirut server (300+ ms) but normal ping (around 80 ms) to Europeans servers (mainly Paris). Can anyone explain this discrepancy?

#606 March 22 2015

NAM

andrew55 wrote:

I've been experiencing high ping to Beirut server (300+ ms) but normal ping (around 80 ms) to Europeans servers (mainly Paris). Can anyone explain this discrepancy?

Our servers suck

Last edited by NAM (March 22 2015)

#607 March 24 2015

andrew55

I used to get < 50-60 ms to Beirut, but now i get > 300 ms. That's why I thought it was weird.

#608 March 24 2015

Sup3r

I'm experiencing high ping too. the past 3 days or so .

Last edited by Sup3r (March 24 2015)

#609 March 24 2015

andrew55

4096/512

Beirut vs. Paris:

4238543026.png

4238545953.png

#610 March 24 2015

NAM

Is it possible the servers in beirut are connected to different upload/download from the ones we are using thus the late ping ?

#611 March 24 2015

andrew55

No idea. Not the case with Ogero users.

#612 March 26 2015

anthonyf96

anyone else facing extremely slow internet at night only?
(all stats are fine(SNR,CRC,...)

Last edited by anthonyf96 (March 26 2015)

#613 March 26 2015

H.S

anthonyf96 wrote:

anyone else facing extremely slow internet at night only?
(all stats are fine(SNR,CRC,...)

I was having a speed below 1mbps and YouTube was buffering even on the phone, I am on 4mbps connection. Was talking with the technical support an hour ago, he said that there is a congestion and the problem was that they didn't upgrade the COs beforehand. He said that they are working on upgrading them. Now I am getting a full speed. I noticed that sometimes the speed reverts back to normal after 11:00pm.

#614 March 27 2015

haidcar

Yes. Refer to my post on page 23 on this thread.
IDM tech support confirms that speed is slow at night due to capacity problem.
I am have the same problem for months now.

#615 April 2 2015

Sup3r

2Mbps/40GB plan.

4259726522.png

#616 April 2 2015

NAM

I tried the beirut server and the results are the same as yours .. but when i tried to london it seems like this 4260103657.png

So i think the problem is with the lebanese server :S

#617 April 3 2015

Sup3r

NAM wrote:

I tried the beirut server and the results are the same as yours .. but when i tried to london it seems like this http://www.speedtest.net/result/4260103657.png

So i think the problem is with the lebanese server :S

What plan are you on? I never thought I'd get real 2Mbps and I never did have it even since the upgrade of prices and plans, it sounds like their's an issue with my modem or the phone line or even the central I'm connected to which is (Shweifat). I'm using wireless with the Technicolor modem that came with the subscription.

I tried multiple servers.

4263474103.png

Last edited by Sup3r (April 3 2015)

#618 April 4 2015

Anthony2000

I'm getting really low speeds even with the 6 mb/s 60 gb plan.(0.30 Mbps download and 0.37 Mbps upload with 62 ms ping to Beirut servers) Should I call customer support and complain?(btw im connected to router through Ethernet and i live in Jounieh if it helps)

#619 April 4 2015

NAM

Sup3r wrote:

What plan are you on? I never thought I'd get real 2Mbps and I never did have it even since the upgrade of prices and plans, it sounds like their's an issue with my modem or the phone line or even the central I'm connected to which is (Shweifat). I'm using wireless with the Technicolor modem that came with the subscription.

I tried multiple servers.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4263474103.png

I have the 4mbps for 19$ plan .. i only download at night "torrent scheduler" and most of the time i still have Mbs by the end of the month .. i should say that i got my plan after the plans update and not before that "maybe on 15/09/2014" .. i live in mo2awad st. near musharafeye i don't know which central i get my cxn from .. i usually hit 420kbps with good seeds ... and no FUP "I am so happy"

#620 April 5 2015

Dex

I'm still waiting for my 2mbps speed :@
it's been like 6 months since I upgraded to the 2mbps plan , and still getting 1mbps !!
also does anybody know if IDM block some ports , because I'm opening ps4's required ports on my router but still getting NAT 3

#621 April 5 2015

NAM

Dex wrote:

I'm still waiting for my 2mbps speed :@
it's been like 6 months since I upgraded to the 2mbps plan , and still getting 1mbps !!
also does anybody know if IDM block some ports , because I'm opening ps4's required ports on my router but still getting NAT 3

Bro squeeze them for the change .. if you call everyday they will do it in a week

#622 April 6 2015

anthonyf96

EXTREMELY slow internet at night... (5-20 kB/s). I know that it is peak hour but does speed drop that much??

#623 April 6 2015

andrew55

I have no congestion at night. The internet in the past few days has been consistently stable all day long. Maybe your CO gets congested.

#624 April 6 2015

anthonyf96

any way to check that? whenever i call IDM they tell me that it s a "centrale" problem which i think it s a lie. Whenever i have a problem they blame the central. WELL shouldnt a centrale be fixed in more than 7 months?! They could have built like 10 centrales by this amount of time...

#625 April 6 2015

andrew55

4269917671.png

I usually get 3.4 down (15 % loss is normal over a copper wire). Now at the peak of internet usage, I'm getting 2.84 Mbps which is very reasonable and is only 0.5 Mbps less than what i should be getting. If the problem was from IDM, all IDM subscribers would suffer. I'm not really suffering. So i don't believe your problem is something IDM can fix by adding bandwidth to its network.

IDM doesn't have access to central offices and if it does it's really limited. Ogero is responsible for maintaining the servers and the copper wires.

I don't believe it is necessarily a lie. Try asking people you know who are subscribed to the same CO. If they are experiencing the same slowness, the CO is most likely the culprit.

Last edited by andrew55 (April 6 2015)

Board footer