LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#576 January 21 2015

AvoK95

Re: Feedback for IDM

raichu wrote:

If you download more than 2GB/night, speed goes down to 256K for the upcoming day till midnight-1AM.

Then IDM is out of the question. That's what I'm getting away from. I'm a Sodetel subscriber

#577 January 22 2015

raichu

AvoK95 wrote:
raichu wrote:

If you download more than 2GB/night, speed goes down to 256K for the upcoming day till midnight-1AM.

Then IDM is out of the question. That's what I'm getting away from. I'm a Sodetel subscriber

You can download 11GB at night though, for instance, if you have 4 Mbps.

#578 January 22 2015

AvoK95

My downloads are mostly in day time. I download drivers and apps from Ninite for clients.

#579 January 22 2015

nosense

AvoK95 wrote:

My downloads are mostly in day time. I download drivers and apps from Ninite for clients.

cyberia only fup during free night time not during day

#580 January 22 2015

AvoK95

aliessayli2 wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

Even on unlimited packages?

#581 January 22 2015

thephoenician

raichu wrote:

Have you tried doing that yourself on a regular basis?

#582 January 22 2015

m0ei

No FUP here.

10 nights to go, including today and I have downloaded around 116gb.

Total Night Consumption    116,304.01 MByte

#583 January 22 2015

nosense

AvoK95 wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

Even on unlimited packages?

unlimited packages have a separate fair use policy I don't know about it. limited packages are as stable as they can be

#584 January 22 2015

raichu

thephoenician wrote:
raichu wrote:

Yup, counters are reset at midnight/1AM. You download 11GB during the night. Speed goes down to 256K during the day. I even tried downloading some GBs during the day, speed rapidly went down hours later.

#585 January 22 2015

thephoenician

raichu wrote:
thephoenician wrote:
raichu wrote:

Yup, counters are reset at midnight/1AM. You download 11GB during the night. Speed goes down to 256K during the day. I even tried downloading some GBs during the day, speed rapidly went down hours later.

Are you on 4Mb unlimited?

#586 January 22 2015

raichu

thephoenician wrote:
raichu wrote:
thephoenician wrote:

Was. Switched to 4M25. 3Mbps all day/night long.

#587 January 24 2015

thephoenician

raichu wrote:
thephoenician wrote:
raichu wrote:

So can we say that there's no FUP on limited plans night traffic?

#588 January 24 2015

raichu

thephoenician wrote:
raichu wrote:
thephoenician wrote:

So can we say that there's no FUP on limited plans night traffic?

True. They want you to use your GBs during the day.
And it seems like they're generous at night.

#589 January 24 2015

GreenM

Anyone from Ghadir, Jounieh here? How is IDM there and DSL in general? I'm moving and hope I'm not too far from the CO for a good connection.

#590 January 25 2015

hadi

Does anyone connected to the bir hassan central have an 8Mbps plan, i have it as per special request because i need the quota, but they claim that the central can't hold that speed, i don't believe this is true since the bir hassan exchange is the main one in lebanon. I use IDM btw

#591 January 26 2015

NAM

hadi wrote:

Does anyone connected to the bir hassan central have an 8Mbps plan, i have it as per special request because i need the quota, but they claim that the central can't hold that speed, i don't believe this is true since the bir hassan exchange is the main one in lebanon. I use IDM btw

i am not sure about this .. but it could be that the wiring from the central to your area cannot handle 8mbps and not the central itself .. but everything is possible in lebanon .. it might be that they are just lazy .. just lebanon things

#592 February 5 2015

andrew55

4117263039.png

We should have the same DSL plans but with 3G!

#593 February 8 2015

anthonyf96

anyone else facing internet instability at night? For the past 2 days my internet has been verryyyy slow at night and my snr margin downstream goes from 20-21 (day) to 13 (night).

#594 February 9 2015

wollyka

Fluctuation in snr is "somehow" normal, mine goes sometimes from 28 to 21. However, the speed should not be affected (unless you have high CRC and HEC errors)

#595 February 14 2015

anthonyf96

as a matter of fact I do have high CRC. I once noticed it was 1400 and now one minute after turning my modem on it jumped to 17 which isn't normal. Any idea how to fix this? IDM's support doesn't seem to know how
EDIT:4 hours later its 20364 CRC with many internet drops.

Last edited by anthonyf96 (February 14 2015)

#596 February 15 2015

andrew55

Your CRC errors are too high for just 4 hours. Can you post your line stats?

#597 February 20 2015

Sup3r

I've been an IDM customer since the beginning of *Sehnaoui revolution*... pretty good ISP, or at least for what I'm currently using it, I'm on the 2mbps plan, I don't download much these days, 5 to 10 movies every month if I had the time to, 1gb gets on my hardware within a matter of 2 hours sometimes 1 hour. I don't do speedtests.

Not the best in terms of latency especially these few days -weather circumstances-.  I'm getting at the time of this post:

4159141102.png

Hey! one general question: From what I've heard 2-3 months ago isp's removed unlimited night, did they get it back? On IDM website it says free unlimited night traffic. Not sure tho.

Last edited by Sup3r (February 21 2015)

#598 February 21 2015

raichu

Sup3r wrote:

I've been an IDM customer since the beginning of *Sehnaoui revolution*... pretty good ISP, or at least for what I'm currently using it, I'm on the 2mbps plan, I don't download much these days, 5 to 10 movies every month if I had the time to, 1gb gets on my hardware within a matter of 2 hours sometimes 1 hour. I don't do speedtests.

Not the best in terms of latency especially these few days -weather circumstances-.  I'm getting at the time of this post:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4159141102.png

Hey! one general question: From what I've heard 2-3 months ago isp's removed unlimited night, did they get it back? On IDM website it says free unlimited night traffic. Not sure tho.

It's still unlimited, with no FUP (on limited plans). Don't worry.

#599 February 27 2015

GreenM

I subscribed to DSL with IDM lately and they delivered the router yesterday but unfortunately there's no DSL connection on the line yet. How long did you have to wait after you receive the router?

#600 February 27 2015

raichu

GreenM wrote:

I subscribed to DSL with IDM lately and they delivered the router yesterday but unfortunately there's no DSL connection on the line yet. How long did you have to wait after you receive the router?

They will SMS  you soon with the configuration.
Their service is reliable.
You can e-mail them and inquire about your case.

Board footer