LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#551 December 15 2014

wollyka

Re: Feedback for IDM

As usual they said the problem is from my end!
Edit: However, Email support was very helpful .

Last edited by wollyka (December 16 2014)

#552 December 16 2014

Hybrid

Part of their network are not able to access websites hosted on Hetzner. Such as makhsoom.com, segmentnext.com etc...
Port 80 and 443 (http & https) are the only two innaccessible ports. Pinging and traceroute seems to be working fine though.

I don't know whether Hetzner has blocked their IPs or IDM messed up with their firewall, but there is definitely a problem.

#553 December 16 2014

wollyka

This is the reply I got from support, didn't test it yet

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for contacting IDM Support.

Regarding the below mentioned reachability problem, you are kindly requested to restart your modem for 1min and try again. We have adjusted our system accordingly and the problem should be solved.

Should you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact our 24/7 technical support team on 1282.

Regards,

#554 December 16 2014

Hybrid

yea it's working now.. since around 1pm

#555 December 17 2014

haidcar

So a lot of you guys complaining about the slow service of IDM lately. I recently emailed IDM and got response from them concerning this situation.

Here is my email sent to IDM:

Good day,

I am currently subscribed to the to your DSL service.

I have been experiencing extreme slowness  on my DSL  connection from 6pm to 1am for several weeks now, during these 7 hours, my internet speeds falls well below normal, reaching Dial-up speeds!

At the same time some websites are not reachable at all during these hours on my DSL yet they work normally on my phone’s 3G connection.

After 1AM my connection speeds gradually goes back to normal, This have been the case for several weeks now.

Please be advised that I have tested the issue on multiple computers connected to either wifi or directly to the modem by cable, while disconnecting other devices from my network with the same result always.

Thank you

And Here is their reply to my email:

Dear Mr,

With reference to your complaint reported below, we are sorry to inform that we are facing a general slowness problem at night and unfortunately there is no estimated time when it will be solved since there are some procedures as well as technical measures with the ministry of telecommunication that cannot be fixed in just a press button, and that is the reason behind the delay in resolving this problem.
Please accept our apology and be sure that we are doing our best to provide our customers the best service and the best image of the internet providers and that every negative fact or issue is always beyond our capacity.

We are sincerely sorry, that we cannot help this time.

Thank you for your understanding,

Sincerely ,

Technical Support Team
e-mail: support@idm.net.lb

Bsalim, La Plaza Center, Block D
Beirut, Lebanon
Tel 1282 ext 1| fax 961 4 723 015

I clearly can assume that the problem they are facing is caused by Ogero not issuing requested bandwidth (E1s), and that their current capacity is not enough to cope with the demands of the rush hours (afternoon- midnight).

Last edited by haidcar (December 17 2014)

#556 December 20 2014

andrew55

For some reason i think it has to do with the central offices too. I didn't experience such severe slowness although you're right about congestion and the hours. The only major problem i have is video buffering. Otherwise multithreaded download has been giving me full speed all day long (i use internet download manager).

Last edited by andrew55 (December 20 2014)

#557 December 22 2014

NAM

So we all agree that the internet connection for IDM was disastrous for the last few days .. yesterday connecting to "haifa" the ping was above 400ms .. today however connecting to "London" through"vodaphone" was the following:

4003199312.png

Take into consideration that i have the 15Gb 4mb plan from IDM.

#558 December 25 2014

nuclearcat

Speedtest "haifa" "london" is not related to your connection, and they are not aware there is conflict between Lebanon-Israel, they assume geographically close countries have internet exchange connectivity. Make choice manually for test location.

#559 December 25 2014

hussam

There a speedtest node in Lebanon hosted by Mobi-Cedarcom. Try that and post results :-)

#560 December 25 2014

raichu

haidcar wrote:

So a lot of you guys complaining about the slow service of IDM lately. I recently emailed IDM and got response from them concerning this situation.

Here is my email sent to IDM:

Good day,

I am currently subscribed to the to your DSL service.

I have been experiencing extreme slowness  on my DSL  connection from 6pm to 1am for several weeks now, during these 7 hours, my internet speeds falls well below normal, reaching Dial-up speeds!

At the same time some websites are not reachable at all during these hours on my DSL yet they work normally on my phone’s 3G connection.

After 1AM my connection speeds gradually goes back to normal, This have been the case for several weeks now.

Please be advised that I have tested the issue on multiple computers connected to either wifi or directly to the modem by cable, while disconnecting other devices from my network with the same result always.

Thank you

And Here is their reply to my email:

Dear Mr,

With reference to your complaint reported below, we are sorry to inform that we are facing a general slowness problem at night and unfortunately there is no estimated time when it will be solved since there are some procedures as well as technical measures with the ministry of telecommunication that cannot be fixed in just a press button, and that is the reason behind the delay in resolving this problem.
Please accept our apology and be sure that we are doing our best to provide our customers the best service and the best image of the internet providers and that every negative fact or issue is always beyond our capacity.

We are sincerely sorry, that we cannot help this time.

Thank you for your understanding,

Sincerely ,

Technical Support Team
e-mail: support@idm.net.lb

Bsalim, La Plaza Center, Block D
Beirut, Lebanon
Tel 1282 ext 1| fax 961 4 723 015

I clearly can assume that the problem they are facing is caused by Ogero not issuing requested bandwidth (E1s), and that their current capacity is not enough to cope with the demands of the rush hours (afternoon- midnight).

The websites which were causing trouble (www.pubmed.com, jco.ascopubs.org...) are not working again.
Speed is very labile during the day (sometimes barely reaching 200-300K and not crossing the 3M bar before midnight).
What's wrong with IDM?

#561 December 25 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

Because they use shared IPs, like all the rest of ISPs, as everybody want to download big files after 11pm + it's holidays bandwidth can't cope with the speed demands of hundred of thousands of people

#562 December 28 2014

wollyka

The websites which were causing trouble (www.pubmed.com, jco.ascopubs.org...) are not working again.
Speed is very labile during the day (sometimes barely reaching 200-300K and not crossing the 3M bar before midnight).
What's wrong with IDM?

The websites are still inaccessible till now!!

#563 December 28 2014

haidcar

yes, service is terrible, especially on weekends.
some websites are not reachable, and the ones that are, are very slow. I am forced to use my mobile data service to browse.
I heard IDM is not alone terranet customers are experiencing similar issues as well, while ogero is fine.

#564 December 29 2014

raichu

Are you guys sometimes receiving 200K of bandwith during the day?
4Megs account here.

#565 December 29 2014

wollyka

Can somebody else send an email to support about the reachibility of some of the websites? Last time , i sent them an email and they replied back the next day saying that it was fixed. This time, no reply since Friday. It is not normal to use a VPN just to browse!!

#566 December 29 2014

raichu

wollyka wrote:

Can somebody else send an email to support about the reachibility of some of the websites? Last time , i sent them an email and they replied back the next day saying that it was fixed. This time, no reply since Friday. It is not normal to use a VPN just to browse!!

Do you also have very low bandwidth during the day?

#567 December 29 2014

wollyka

raichu wrote:
wollyka wrote:

Do you also have very low bandwidth during the day?

Well i cannot test it since i am at work during that time. It was somehow fine on Sunday. I have the 8 Mbps plan

#568 January 6 2015

kiwithefruit

Anyone having frequent disconnects today?

#569 January 6 2015

haidcar

yes since early this morning

#570 January 6 2015

anthonyf96

since yesterday in my case. I noticed that when the wind blows hard it disconnects so i though it must be a cable problem. First I called IDM and they told me that it is ogero's responsibility... Then I called ogero and they told me that it is IDM's since "they have 0% of my internet line with ogero" or something like that. I recalled IDM and the usual unhelpful answer was: put a filter to your modem.(which is useless since i already put one on the phone and the problem didn't occur before the storm...

#571 January 7 2015

iChris

Anyone having issues with gaming lately? I get disconnected every few minutes from games while I can open websites and all just fine.. (mainly LoL/CS:GO).

#572 January 13 2015

kiwithefruit

and huge latencies this week :/ getting to 6000 ms on wow... according to idm, ogero is doing maintenance to make the lines faster, and according to ogero's, it's IDM's fault as usual.

#573 January 17 2015

wollyka

Same old problem, some websites are not accessible. It happens every other week especially before weekends.

#574 January 21 2015

AvoK95

Any feedback on IDM's unlimited package?

#575 January 21 2015

raichu

If you download more than 2GB/night, speed goes down to 256K for the upcoming day till midnight-1AM.

Board footer