LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 June 4 2015

nas93

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

chosen2k wrote:

I have someone to ship it. However I've been told that customs might be a problem. What I need is an official document/proof that clearly marks if I can get it or not.

Asking DHL might be the best idea
[Edit --> Asked them, here's the info I got: When it gets to Lebanon DHL will hand me a paper, and then It will be my responsibility to get an "approval" from the Ministry of Defense وزارة الدفاع in order to release the items from the customs. If I fail at getting this approval the outcome might be:
1- DHL will try to resend the scope at the shippers expense (If customs allow it?).
2- If option 1 fails they will destroy the package. ]

I have a Kalibrgun Cricket .177

you're best bet is to buy one from aliexpress and ship it via fedex http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?cat … t=+8-32x56

#152 June 5 2015

NuclearVision

Why don't you buy one locally? There are some fine hobbies equipement stores in Beirut.
You will end up paying twice the price and maybe it won't work with shipping it from usa.

#153 June 5 2015

chosen2k

I'll probably end up doing this.

#154 June 18 2015

FredericTech

Hey guys,I recently shipped a pebble time smartwatch and an XBOX ONE headset via DHL borderlinx service. check all the details at my blog.

frederictech.com/dhl-borderlinx-pebble-time-shipping-experience-to-lebanon/

Last edited by FredericTech (June 19 2015)

#155 June 19 2015

jsaade

FredericTech wrote:

Hey guys, I shipping a pebble time smart watch from the US via borderlink.
it had a really good experience. check al the detail out at my blog

I was afraid to click on the link of the blog after I tried to read your post. But the blog seems to have  good english so I guess your post here was done from mobile :)

#156 June 19 2015

FredericTech

jsaade wrote:
FredericTech wrote:

Hey guys, I shipping a pebble time smart watch from the US via borderlink.
it had a really good experience. check al the detail out at my blog

I was afraid to click on the link of the blog after I tried to read your post. But the blog seems to have  good english so I guess your post here was done from mobile :)

you're right. I apologize for my clumsiness. I was in a hurry and didn't notice. all fixed now.

FredericTech wrote:

Hey guys,I recently shipped a pebble time smartwatch and an XBOX ONE headset via DHL borderlinx service. check all the details at my blog.

Last edited by FredericTech (June 19 2015)

#157 June 19 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

DHL and co are still too expensive, for example if you buy let say a Quick Charger 2.0 at 10$ at Amazon when you are in the US, after a while in Lebanon it doesn't work like it should, you want to sent it back for warranty?
Ok you have to pay at least 25$ to send it, Amazon US won't sent it back to Lebanon knowing their policies so you will have to send it to your PO Box of DHL in the US, then pay again 20-25$, then pay about 10$ for the customs because they are so silly that they won't understand it's not a new item, so voila for a 10$ value item you will end up paying 50 to 60$. LOL

#158 July 19 2015

HadiHissi

I recently ordered from dx.com and its my first.
So all items were shipped on Sunday the 5th of this month, and the products are an Arduino Uno clone, an ethernet shield, a remote, and some mounts along with several goodies. I figured they would take 12 working days to reach me but this period just passed.
See the problem is, they suddenly changed my tracking number which didn't function due to the order being stopped at airpot security and i don't understand what items made that happened since there is nothing with lithium or knives and so forth. Anyway i got a new tracking number aboard the Netherland post meaning that the items will be shipped to the Netherlands then here. And according the the tracking website, the items are "pre-advised" meaning they are awaited but didn't reach there yet.
Im really dissatisfied with what happened since its my first order and i already spent a really good amount of money on things I'm not really sure if they are any good and DX weren't reeky that helpful nor informative. So should i be worried from the Lebanese customs  or from the items getting overly delayed?
I will also upload my feedback once i get the m to keep this thread alive since shipping to Lebanon won't be getting any better i suppose.

#159 July 19 2015

NuclearVision

I ordered something weeks ago, it didn't spend anytime in airport, next day shipping to my house tight afer arriving to airport.

#160 July 22 2015

m0ei

HadiHissi wrote:

I recently ordered from dx.com and its my first.
So all items were shipped on Sunday the 5th of this month, and the products are an Arduino Uno clone, an ethernet shield, a remote, and some mounts along with several goodies. I figured they would take 12 working days to reach me but this period just passed.
See the problem is, they suddenly changed my tracking number which didn't function due to the order being stopped at airpot security and i don't understand what items made that happened since there is nothing with lithium or knives and so forth. Anyway i got a new tracking number aboard the Netherland post meaning that the items will be shipped to the Netherlands then here. And according the the tracking website, the items are "pre-advised" meaning they are awaited but didn't reach there yet.
Im really dissatisfied with what happened since its my first order and i already spent a really good amount of money on things I'm not really sure if they are any good and DX weren't reeky that helpful nor informative. So should i be worried from the Lebanese customs  or from the items getting overly delayed?
I will also upload my feedback once i get the m to keep this thread alive since shipping to Lebanon won't be getting any better i suppose.

DX has a warehouse in Europe. they most probably sent it from there, also no worries it won't be shipped to Netherland first. For example, they can ship from China via Sweden Post, but most probably it's operated by China Post.

Also, Aliexpress would have been a cheaper choice for you for buying any Arduino/electronics related stuff.

#161 August 4 2015

jsaade

Anybody with experience using the "concierge service" of Borderlinx?
They are charging me additional 10% (other than the regular 5%) for some obscure reason.
In addition, my credit card keeps getting rejected

#162 August 10 2015

MahmoudYounes

What are your experiences with online shopping sites in Lebanon? Have you tried namshi.com.
I recently ordered few things from namshi.com online store it seemed like a cheap alternative compared to buying from the Brands' stores here( Adidas, Nike..) . I made the order late Saturday night ( 2 am Sunday morning). The items will be shipped by Aramex. Do you think I will have to pay something for Lebanese customs and clearance for an order of ~130$. I read some posts talking about all the VAT and fees but none was Namshi.com specific and on the website it said that no extra fees are to be paid as the price is duties included. What is your experience with aramex for delivery time. I live in Tyre ( Sur) and ordered some things before from Ishtari and received them in 3 days. What about items from abroad. It says 1-2 days delivery but I'm sure it will take more.

#163 August 10 2015

Houssam

you can trust them ... shipment usually takes 4-7 days, they do not offer return services in Lebanon, i ordered 2 items and received them both in under 10 days

#164 August 10 2015

MahmoudYounes

Houssam wrote:

you can trust them ... shipment usually takes 4-7 days, they do not offer return services in Lebanon, i ordered 2 items and received them both in under 10 days

Did you pay anything for Lebanese customs?

#165 September 14 2015

Aly

############### SHIPPERS BEWARE ###############

After the incident at the Lebanese customs in the airport (Some thug from those who import goods from outside and pay very few / nothing to the customs - مهرب بضاعة -  threatened the head of the Lebanese customs in his office) things got very bad.
Today I got an email from Aramex that two shipments were confiscated by the Lebanese customs, I have to clear them formally now, either by hiring my own broker or through them.
You will have to pay 110$ for Aramex (Clearance fee) for EACH shipment + usual customs + VAT 10% + Shipping from the US.
So a 120$ worth goods will cost me around 200$ per package !!!

Also note this is kind of random I got 4 shipments arriving this week 2 got confiscated and 2 passed normally, today I got two packages and paid the usual costs.
If you are thinking about ordering anything right now, think twice, at least until things settle.

#166 September 14 2015

TheStunMan

Aly wrote:

After the incident at the Lebanese customs in the airport (Some thug from those who import goods from outside and pay very few / nothing to the customs - مهرب بضاعة -  threatened the head of the Lebanese customs in his office) things got very bad.
Today I got an email from Aramex that two shipments were confiscated by the Lebanese customs, I have to clear them formally now, either by hiring my own broker or through them.
You will have to pay 110$ for Aramex (Clearance fee) for EACH shipment + usual customs + VAT 10% + Shipping from the US.
So a 120$ worth goods will cost me around 200$ per package !!!

Also note this is kind of random I got 4 shipments arriving this week 2 got confiscated and 2 passed normally, today I got two packages and paid the usual costs.
If you are thinking about ordering anything right now, think twice, at least until things settle.

I don't know whats this is all about.. i received my package (vitamin Calcium & Magnesium from amazon) today without any problem as usual thru aramex.

#167 September 14 2015

Hosni

a side question here do you think its a good idea to order whey protein and such from amazon or i should buy it from lebanon?

#168 September 14 2015

TheStunMan

Hosni wrote:

a side question here do you think its a good idea to order whey protein and such from amazon or i should buy it from lebanon?

I don't take proteins (prefer healthy meals), but i do order vitamins from amazon (alot) as they are more reliable like selecting the proper vitamin with alot of reviews plus the expiry date is way ahead after finishing the bottle and the packaging is very good just make sure when you receive it to check the pills if they are damaged due to heating issues (i prefer to order them on winter season so no heating issues should happen). Finally some of the vitamins and the premium brands are also not available in Lebanon that's why i rely on amazon.

#169 September 15 2015

LifeEngineer

TheStunMan wrote:

I don't know whats this is all about.. i received my package (vitamin Calcium & Magnesium from amazon) today without any problem as usual thru aramex.

Excuse me man but how do you buy from amazon!?
I always try but end up with the famous error (can't ship to your country).

#170 September 15 2015

ironman

LifeEngineer wrote:
TheStunMan wrote:

Excuse me man but how do you buy from amazon!?
I always try but end up with the famous error (can't ship to your country).

Via BorderLinx (DHL) or ShopAndShip (Aramex)
they give you an address in the states, your items are shipped to this address, then automatically shipped to your doorstep via DHL/Aramex

#171 September 15 2015

LifeEngineer

ironman wrote:

Via BorderLinx (DHL) or ShopAndShip (Aramex)
they give you an address in the states, your items are shipped to this address, then automatically shipped to your doorstep via DHL/Aramex

Ok I already have a borderlinx account.

What about shipping fees? And custom fees?
As far as you know, can you ask the seller to fake the price of the item to avoid custom fees?!

#172 September 15 2015

AVOlio

@lifeEngineer
When shopping on Amazon, if the item is sold and shipped by Amazon, it's impossible to convince amazon to manipulate the actual price of the item for you, I tried.
And only items sold and shipped by Amazon will give you the that famous error.

If for example you find an item sold and shipped by a reseller in Amazon, be sure to contact that seller if they can ship to Lebanon, or you can go in their profile and have a look in their shipping charges worldwide.

As for the shipping fees with borderlinx, it's as follows.
No matter what you buy, a box of gum, a paper, a pencil, a feather.
You will end up paying 50500 LBP to be shipped to your doorstep.
15$ shipping, 5$ insurance, 2$ fuel surcharge, 7.30$ customs clearance etc..
Now of course if you shop something heavier, the price gets bigger depending of the volumetric weight of your item.

Yesterday, I ordered a 10 000mah battery for my note 4 from a reseller in Amazon.
The item was shipped today, via USPS (United States Postal service) basically Liban post of US,
So now, I'm wondering, since my item was shipped via a postal service, will I have to pay clearance or vat or customs etc fees like in borderlinx?  Or it will be similar like when I buy from AliExpress and I will not pay anything?

Guys, any of you have an idea?

Last edited by AVOlio (September 15 2015)

#173 September 15 2015

Ziad87

AVOlio, less than a year ago, I backed two separate products (i.e. two shipments) on Kickstarter. One of the shipments had two items in the package and each item was a couple of hundred grams. Both shipments were shipped through USPS and I didn't pay anything extra. They were handled by Liban Post exactly as the AliExpress shipments that are shipped through China or Hong Kong posts.

More than two years ago, I ordered a pair of shoes from eBay. It was also shipped through USPS. It arrived at the Liban Post office and they called me to collect the item. I just had to pay 5,000 L.L extra. Though I cannot remember if the fee was issued from customs or Liban Post.

I also recently backed another product on Kickstarter. This one is an electronic device and it costs around $100 so hopefully in your and my case they won't be intercepted by our lovely customs.

Last edited by Ziad87 (September 15 2015)

#174 September 15 2015

LifeEngineer

AVOlio wrote:

@lifeEngineer

Yesterday, I ordered a 10 000mah battery for my note 4 from a reseller in Amazon.

Hahaha don't tell you bought that zerolemon?!? I was just checking it for my note 4!

#175 September 15 2015

AVOlio

LifeEngineer wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

@lifeEngineer

Hahaha don't tell you bought that zerolemon?!? I was just checking it for my note 4!

YUP, I bought the zerolemon battery.
My new Tank cover is coming here lol

@Ziad87
Thank you for your input.
Hopefully it will be the same case with me :)

Last edited by AVOlio (September 15 2015)

Board footer