LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#551 May 4 2020

infiniteloop

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

So better not get a 150$ motherboard from amazon with them?

Meanwhile I will get a value of 35$ accessories for my oneplus, SnS is showing 12$ delivery so I guess it will be 12$ + 22000LL as it's under 1/2 kg and 200000LL?

#552 May 4 2020

AVOlio

infiniteloop wrote:

So better not get a 150$ motherboard from amazon with them?

Meanwhile I will get a value of 35$ accessories for my oneplus, SnS is showing 12$ delivery so I guess it will be 12$ + 22000LL as it's under 1/2 kg and 200000LL?

You are correct for the accessories.
They should take only 22,000 other than the shipping fees.

For the motherboard, I would say go for it.
And make it as a gift, so that Amazon won't include an invoice.
Theres a chance that they would value it less than 150$,and maybe the weight would be less than 2kg so it would be the same thing.

I would suggest for small/ inexpensive  items that you always send them as gifts with no invoice.
Because once they arrive at the New-York facility, their team will estimate a price on their own (if invoice not available) for possible insurance coverage.
So if it's a rather inexpensive item, don't include an invoice.
Theres a chance both the new York sns team and customs here will value it less than what it's worth.

But for expensive items, such as a monitor or anything expensive, always include an invoice so in case something happens their insurance will cover its complete amount.

#553 May 4 2020

m0ei

NuclearVision wrote:

honestly i wouldn't even think about it, let them return it to sender at your expense and absorb your loss.
These companies are utter BS, and that's exactly why I don't use their services, I mean, it's completely random, (and mostly tricky,) they don't follow any rule, and they blame it on the customs officers while I've never had to pay a dime for stuff i ship using aliexpress/ebay/usps/royal mail/Posti/ LaPoste/Japanese post Even ems for god sake! These companies are ripping us off. If it was going to the state it would have been different, but I'm not paying 3-5 kinds of taxes which probably they take a part of.

I will contact them tomorrow, definitely with a rage.

I will swallow the customs for the second item, but I'm not gonna pay more than 22000 LL customs for the 18$ item. yeklo 5ara.

It's their mistake and they should handle it, I sent them the invoice.

#554 May 5 2020

infiniteloop

I received an email from SnS.
Its saying that shipments can have delays and some of them could arrive after 2 weeks to Lebanon instead of 1

#555 May 11 2020

infiniteloop

Amazon Germany told me that part of my shipment arrived on Saturday to my SnS address in Germany, though until now its not appearing in my SnS account, is this normal?
Also I sent an email to them so they wait for today's shipment so they will arrive all of them as one instead of paying twice. The answer was that they don't have an option to accumulate shipments. So they will make me pay an extra 30$ for a smartphone cover :(
I hope amazon did send the Saturday's shipment as one package as it contains 3 covers and one cable, imagine paying for each an extra 30$!

#556 May 11 2020

AVOlio

Yes they do not have shipment accumulation.
Your orders on Amazon did they went out as one or multiple shipments?
You should have planned for this before buying.

#557 May 11 2020

infiniteloop

AVOlio wrote:

Yes they do not have shipment accumulation.
Your orders on Amazon did they went out as one or multiple shipments?
You should have planned for this before buying.

When you do multiple items order at the same time from Amazon stock, they usually ship them all together in one pack, the 5 items were all having the same expected delivery date before and after paying, but on the day of delivery amazon sent me a message telling me that one of the items will be postponed to today and the rest were sent to gain time, so yes everything was well prepared but amazon.de changed at the last minute
This time was special for small items but next time it will be a motherboard or a camera lens so no multiple items.
None of the shipments are showing btw yet on my snS account, nor from Saturday nor from today, with a little luck they will ship them all together if they see both are mine?

#558 May 11 2020

AVOlio

Yea, the reason could be delays from the warehouse employees.

#559 May 11 2020

nosense

lately they're being very late to adding shipments to the sns console after they arrive.

Regarding amazon, most of the time when I order multiple items from the same supplier they arrive together as one shipment, but if you order from multiple suppliers, or the stocks turns up to be in different warehouses then they won't arrive together.

#560 May 12 2020

infiniteloop

That's why I choose always Prime selection because it's the main amazon warehouse and 99% of prime items are from there

#561 May 13 2020

infiniteloop

So these *** at amazon.de sent them all separately while they were from the same warehouse.
I sent an email to SnS to make at least 4 of them into 1 package, they said no. I sent tgem another email saying I will not pay 150$ of shipments and customs for only 35$ of items while they definitely can make them into 1 package and make me pay 30$ instead. If they say no again I will ask them to cancel the orders and return them to amazon and I will cancel my SnS membership too

#562 May 13 2020

zizo99

infiniteloop wrote:

That's why I choose always Prime selection because it's the main amazon warehouse and 99% of prime items are from there

how are paying for online shopping? due to limit restrictions

#563 May 13 2020

infiniteloop

It's a total of 35$
The limit was 300$ per 30 days now it's 150$

#564 May 13 2020

Dan28

infiniteloop wrote:

So these *** at amazon.de sent them all separately while they were from the same warehouse.
I sent an email to SnS to make at least 4 of them into 1 package, they said no. I sent tgem another email saying I will not pay 150$ of shipments and customs for only 35$ of items while they definitely can make them into 1 package and make me pay 30$ instead. If they say no again I will ask them to cancel the orders and return them to amazon and I will cancel my SnS membership too

how come they cant ship them together? like are they gonna ship each item on a plane to increase the cost? i wish some day amazon can ship directly to lebanon so we stop relying on those money hungry companies.

#565 May 13 2020

infiniteloop

Dan28 wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

how come they cant ship them together? like are they gonna ship each item on a plane to increase the cost? i wish some day amazon can ship directly to lebanon so we stop relying on those money hungry companies.

I want aliexpress to come back to Lebanon :(
Do you think the airport will still open on 8th of June?

#566 May 14 2020

infiniteloop

SnS is counting the $ at 1500 or black market rate for their shippings?

#567 May 14 2020

supra

Last time an item was delivered to me by SnS was 2 weeks ago, the $ was 1500.

#568 May 14 2020

Aly

S&S is still counting 1usd @ 1515 rate (got a shipment yesterday).

#569 May 14 2020

AVOlio

Aly wrote:

S&S is still counting 1usd @ 1515 rate (got a shipment yesterday).

Why are you not sharing all the invoices related to your shipment / shipments Aly?
This post is of your creation, your baby.
You should keep it fed!

#570 May 14 2020

m0ei

My packages are still stuck at their office here after a week of waiting for them go fix the unqualified clearance agency's mistake.

1 order (3 items) was split into 2 separate packages, and the 3rd item was out of stock so I cancelled it. total cost is $365 for all items combined, $218 for the 2 items shipped (200 + 18).

Their unqualified agency after assessing the invoices, priced every package given the included total invoice "365$". They expect me to pay 350k LL for 218$ worth of items because of their own mistake.

After lots of back and forth, they waived the shipping fees and clearance charges.. but I still have to pay around 293k LL for customs.

Beware if it happens to you, always check the price set on their website and inform them if it's wrong.

#571 May 14 2020

zizo99

infiniteloop wrote:
Dan28 wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

I want aliexpress to come back to Lebanon :(
Do you think the airport will still open on 8th of June?

Aliexpress is still working, in fact they didn't stop
my sister received an item few days ago

#572 May 14 2020

infiniteloop

m0ei wrote:

My packages are still stuck at their office here after a week of waiting for them go fix the unqualified clearance agency's mistake.

1 order (3 items) was split into 2 separate packages, and the 3rd item was out of stock so I cancelled it. total cost is $365 for all items combined, $218 for the 2 items shipped (200 + 18).

Their unqualified agency after assessing the invoices, priced every package given the included total invoice "365$". They expect me to pay 350k LL for 218$ worth of items because of their own mistake.

After lots of back and forth, they waived the shipping fees and clearance charges.. but I still have to pay around 293k LL for customs.

Beware if it happens to you, always check the price set on their website and inform them if it's wrong.

They had a bug in Germany, the shipment that arrived on saturday only showed yesterday, it showed multiple shipments instead if expected 1. I asked that they put them altogether or cancel them and return them to amazon, their Lebanese guy said he will try and will tell me. Today I resend him an email saying I will not pay the 5 shipments but 2 because it looks like they already shipped them, he answered he can just do 30% on the shipments costs, meaning it's still 140000 for just 35$ of covers. I answered him again that I won't pay 140000, no way, I will pay for 2 shipments that's all and besides it is theur fault if they were 3 days late to show the information, it's my right to cancel a shipment as long as it's still there but they had a bug a were late to give me the information
If their company is a good one they should do a real gesture and accept the 2 shipments fees instead of 5, if not then I will not pay and tell the delivery guy to take the goods with him

#573 May 18 2020

dsoftware.king

What is the best way to order protein containers (5lb)  from usa?

#574 May 18 2020

Dan28

dsoftware.king wrote:

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/

they ship directly to leb and they dont get taxed.

#575 May 18 2020

dsoftware.king

Dan28 wrote:
dsoftware.king wrote:

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/

they ship directly to leb and they dont get taxed.

I made an order and paid aroung 30 $ shipping and 77k LBP IN CUSTOMS
I used fedex

Board footer