LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#326 May 2 2017

anayman_k7

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

Gauner wrote:

I tried asking iShip.me, and Borderlinx for a goddamn quotation, none of their representatives know what to tell you. They usually just give you an estimate price then tell you to add ~$20+-  on the given price. Customs fees are a mystery on another level.

Last time I used Borderlinx they gave me a receipt on their website stating that my shipment will cost 15$ I paid 37.10$

Explain that shit lol

I can't blame them, the customs are very unpredictable, but I managed to find a line that if you don't cross you could stay in the safezone, ordering with Aramex ShopAndShip, I just try to keep the weight low and the box small, anything precious that fits inside that will pass with 4$ customs + TVA, plus 11$ for Aramex = 15$ total, managed to get 3x500GB SSDs, also managed to pass set of Philips halogen bulbs, my friend managed to get a Nexus 5 on sale, also an i7 with 16gb RAM kit.

#327 May 25 2017

m0ei

I ordered a 4k monitor from massdrop, it arrived to Lebanon via Libanpost on Saturday... As of today, the status hasn't changed "Item handed over to Customs for clearance Retention Reason: Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner". I called them few times and they kept saying we don't know when they release it, it might get released today, or maybe next week.

Is it normal? Can't I do something to speed things up?

Last edited by m0ei (May 25 2017)

#328 May 25 2017

Draguen

Nothing you can do,

Customs in Lebanon are like a black hole leaded by a donkey, it's stupid, deadly and impermeable to outside influences.

That is unless you know someone.

#329 May 25 2017

anayman_k7

m0ei wrote:

I ordered a 4k monitor from massdrop, it arrived to Lebanon via Libanpost on Saturday... As of today, the status hasn't changed "Item handed over to Customs for clearance Retention Reason: Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner". I called them few times and they kept saying we don't know when they release it, it might get released today, or maybe next week.

Is it normal? Can't I do something to speed things up?

Expect to pay a noticeable fees for it, most probably it will be held at customs next to Beirut Airport, a notice will be sent to you via Libanpost to personally go down there, you there and they ask for proof for the price of the item, then they will calculate the fees you have to pay, you to other building and pay and then come back to Libanpost building and pay 10,000LBP and take it, in my case it was a car elevator for a 4x4 Runner that costs 150$ from Amazon, paid 50,000K for customs and 10,000K for Libanpost to take it and wasted half of my day waiting and moving between buildings and getting security checked twice while entering and once while LEAVING!

If you are lucky it will arrive to Libanpost office of your area and you pay there, if you are super duper lucky it will pass without any fees, but a most likely won't happen because the package of a monitor should be big and heavy

#330 May 27 2017

m0ei

I had to go pick it up today from the local post office, I paid $80 all in all (including libanpost 10k LL fee) which I found good/fair for a $500 monitor.

I'm also very happy that the monitor had no issues (no backlight bleed). I bought this monitor  LG 27MU88-W, which I'm using for work with my macbook pro and for some gaming on my PC.

Last edited by m0ei (May 27 2017)

#331 May 27 2017

anayman_k7

m0ei wrote:

I had to go pick it up today from the local post office, I paid $80 all in all (including libanpost 10k LL fee) which I found good/fair for a $500 monitor.

I'm also very happy that the monitor had no issues (no backlight bleed). I bought this monitor  LG 27MU88-W, which I'm using for work with my macbook pro and for some gaming on my PC.

Congratulations, I'm happy for you they didn't force you to go to Customs next to the Airport

#332 July 19 2017

gamer4life

Hello, I was chatting with amazon customer service because I purchased jaybird x2 back in November and they recently stopped working. They will be resending me new ones. The question is, any idea how much will I now pay for the shipment and customs? They told me that the receipt will say for free, what happens in this case? Back then the receipt was 80$ and I paid for shipment, taxes, and customs an extra 40$ with DHL

#333 July 19 2017

Aly

gamer4life wrote:

Hello, I was chatting with amazon customer service because I purchased jaybird x2 back in November and they recently stopped working. They will be resending me new ones. The question is, any idea how much will I now pay for the shipment and customs? They told me that the receipt will say for free, what happens in this case? Back then the receipt was 80$ and I paid for shipment, taxes, and customs an extra 40$ with DHL

They will charge you I believe, since most of the times they don't even consider the invoice and charge people randomly. Anyway best of luck.

#334 July 19 2017

Draguen

Hey, i had a defective watch bought and delivered from the US to Lebanon, after finding that the watch was defective, they send me a new one using DHL, (i didn't send the defective back) and contrary to the first time, i didn't pay a single penny, as opposed to 50 dol of taxes when i bought it

#335 July 19 2017

gamer4life

Aly wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

They will charge you I believe, since most of the times they don't even consider the invoice and charge people randomly. Anyway best of luck.

Mmm its seems I'm screwed, I really need luck thanks.

#336 July 27 2017

anayman_k7

Recently I bought a Ryzen 5 1600 and a Corsair LPX 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHZ kit from Amazon through Aramex ShopAndShip service, Amazon package arrived to their US address Friday,  I received my package in Lebanon the next Tuesday! It was blazing fast, also the package was 0.6kg because Ryzen box was a bit big and heavy which made my shipping cost 20$, I was worried that the customs might charge me on it but I was survived that my package was evaluated to contains 20$ worth of items! my customs + handling was 6$!

#337 July 27 2017

Draguen

anayman_k7 wrote:

Recently I bought a Ryzen 5 1600 and a Corsair LPX 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHZ kit from Amazon through Aramex ShopAndShip service, Amazon package arrived to their US address Friday,  I received my package in Lebanon the next Tuesday! It was blazing fast, also the package was 0.6kg because Ryzen box was a bit big and heavy which made my shipping cost 20$, I was worried that the customs might charge me on it but I was survived that my package was evaluated to contains 20$ worth of items! my customs + handling was 6$!

Dude, i hope you'll go buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.

#338 July 27 2017

anayman_k7

Draguen wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

Dude, i hope you'll go buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.

It is something common to happen with Aramex ShopAndShip, I do order light weight but expensive stuff and always the customs charge me low values, examples of orders I made:
- Light bulbs for 50$ = customs 4$
- 3xSSD 500GB for 360$ = customs 4$

Hopefully it stays this way but you can't guarantee that all the time

#339 July 27 2017

m0ei

I bought a few items from iherb, shipped with DHL... Items cost $50, shipping was around $10.

I refused acceptance of the parcel because DHL wanted $58($10 customs/vat and the rest are for DHL clearance and other shit)... yes $58 for $50 worth of items. Reordered few of the items and shipped them with DHL Global Mail.. basically libanpost.

Last edited by m0ei (July 27 2017)

#340 July 27 2017

Metalloy

i bought supplements from iherb, 93$ including shipping , dhl charged me as custom clearance an extra of 39$.

#341 July 27 2017

AVOlio

m0ei wrote:

I bought a few items from iherb, shipped with DHL... Items cost $50, shipping was around $10.

I refused acceptance of the parcel because DHL wanted $58($10 customs/vat and the rest are for DHL clearance and other shit)... yes $58 for $50 worth of items. Reordered few of the items and shipped them with DHL Global Mail.. basically libanpost.

What happened to the parcel?

#342 July 27 2017

anayman_k7

Well DHL are just good in ripping off people, use Aramex ShopAndShip and you will notice the difference

#343 July 28 2017

H.S

anayman_k7 wrote:

Well DHL are just good in ripping off people, use Aramex ShopAndShip and you will notice the difference

Been trying to stop dealing with Borderlinx | DHL for a long time now because of their ridiculous charges. I am still using them to benefit from their consolidation procedure. I usually shop from several sellers and the items take at least 10 days to arrive to my suite, then I need a couple more days, maybe more for them to amend the estimated values. They never done it right from the first try. Once, I emailed them four times until they finally done it right.

As far as I know, ShopAndShip don't consolidate your items, I would definitely try them if they do.

#344 July 28 2017

m0ei

I received the iherb parcel today from libanpost, I didn't pay a single dime. It was delivered in like 10 days all in all which is great.

#345 July 28 2017

Metalloy

now i feel seriously scammed, should've rejected like you did, there is always next time :)

#346 July 28 2017

m0ei

AVOlio wrote:
m0ei wrote:

What happened to the parcel?

They will most likely burn it or throw it in the garbage... That's their policy. I'm fine though, I bought some of the items again with libanpost and didn't pay any customs or clearance charges.

Metalloy wrote:

now i feel seriously scammed, should've rejected like you did, there is always next time :)

Yours is still fairer than mine... Paying 58$ for 50$ worth of item is PURE SCAM. They can shove the items in their asses and keep that shit, I'd order the items again anytime and give my money to iherb than giving them to that trash scam company.

Libanpost is the best compared to the other shipping/handling companies. I bought last month an 80$ keyboard from massdrop, paid 5k LL to the customs and libanpost didn't take a single dime. They usually take 10k LL clearance charge if the customs exceeds a certain amount.

#347 August 3 2017

Louis40

Guys, anyone has an experience in buying and shipping from Dx Dealextreme?
I am thinking to buy a Fitbit and the it says shipping to Lebanon free and it will take 7 to 10 days.. any one can confirm..?

Thanks

#348 August 4 2017

Techlover

Louis40 wrote:

Guys, anyone has an experience in buying and shipping from Dx Dealextreme?
I am thinking to buy a Fitbit and the it says shipping to Lebanon free and it will take 7 to 10 days.. any one can confirm..?

Thanks

I bought once from DX. As i remember, my item arrived after nearly two months (btw anything cheaper than 12$ has no tracking ). DX isn't like aliexpress, no sellers.The website owner is the only seller. So i don't know if you have problems with your parcel if you can get refunds like with aliexpress or dhgate

Last edited by Techlover (August 4 2017)

#349 August 6 2017

nosense

I am using shopandship for the first time

I ordered these 2 items from amazon to the address in New York they give you

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6Q2GSY
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012V1HEP4

to my bad luck they weighted 0.53 kg so I have to pay an extra $8.6 for an extra 1 kg because I surpassed 0.5 kg. so I'm paying $19.60 for the delivery.

I ordered the items last thursday and used same day delivery, it arrived same day there but the record was created on friday on the shopandship website, and now the item shows in transit.

I have to say that their support is perfect and replies within minutes.

#350 August 6 2017

random-username

aliessayli2 wrote:

I am using shopandship for the first time

I ordered these 2 items from amazon to the address in New York they give you

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6Q2GSY
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012V1HEP4

to my bad luck they weighted 0.53 kg so I have to pay an extra $8.6 for an extra 1 kg because I surpassed 0.5 kg. so I'm paying $19.60 for the delivery.

I ordered the items last thursday and used same day delivery, it arrived same day there but the record was created on friday on the shopandship website, and now the item shows in transit.

I have to say that their support is perfect and replies within minutes.

Which credit card did you use if you don't mind me asking? As far as I know, Amazon doesn't accept Lebanese CCs.

Last edited by random-username (August 6 2017)

Board footer