LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#251 May 7 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

dp0001 wrote:

Hey everyone,

looking to get a core i5 6600k from newegg, in the US

does anyone have experience on customs here in leb on a cpu?

You can't buy directly from newegg because they refuse any non-US bank card, but you can use the concierge option of borderlinx so they buy it with their US bank card though they take a commission

#252 May 7 2016

bermudapineapple

mmk92 wrote:

@tt400 which laptop did you get?

I've been thinking of shipping either an XPS15 or a Razer Blade Stealth.

I got the MSI GT72 2QE Dominator Pro G.

#253 May 7 2016

Aly

tt400 this is indeed a risky move from your side, I only got one laptop from Amazon US and shipped it to Lebanon (Details in 1st post in this thread) and I ended up paying around 200$ to Borderlinx (Shipping, clearance, tax and customs), in your case your laptop value is above 1000$ therefore it requires formal clearance (which is costy) that's why you ended up paying so much.
It is true that you did save money but the risk is high, also please note Amazon does not provide any customer service in case you are shipping to a freight forwarding address (Like borderlinx, shopandship and iship etc ...) they have a policy about it:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ … =201117950
So you people should ship at your own risk and pray your items are not DOA or faulty.

#254 May 8 2016

bermudapineapple

Aly wrote:

tt400 this is indeed a risky move from your side, I only got one laptop from Amazon US and shipped it to Lebanon (Details in 1st post in this thread) and I ended up paying around 200$ to Borderlinx (Shipping, clearance, tax and customs), in your case your laptop value is above 1000$ therefore it requires formal clearance (which is costy) that's why you ended up paying so much.
It is true that you did save money but the risk is high, also please note Amazon does not provide any customer service in case you are shipping to a freight forwarding address (Like borderlinx, shopandship and iship etc ...) they have a policy about it:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ … =201117950
So you people should ship at your own risk and pray your items are not DOA or faulty.

I did not know about that. This is even more reason to think twice, three times, and even four times before you ship expensive items like this that can arrive faulty. I will definitely not be making this sort of procedure a habit and I'd recommend that no one else does either.

#255 June 9 2016

NuclearVision

Hey !
did anyone order a watch from usa or china/japan? i want to know if it is subject to customs, a friend said it they are picky with watches.
The watch's value is 50-70$
thanks

#256 June 9 2016

MahmoudYounes

I've ordered a watch from Aliexpress about a year ago. Didn't pay anything for customs. It was sent by Singapore post and had a value of 7$. If you're order Is from China as long as the package is sent by normal airmail (not DHL, FedEx) then I think you're fine. the same applies to the U.S.

#257 June 9 2016

Aly

NuclearVision wrote:

Hey !
did anyone order a watch from usa or china/japan? i want to know if it is subject to customs, a friend said it they are picky with watches.
The watch's value is 50-70$
thanks

Last year I order a CK watch on sale for my fiancé for 110$ shipped with Aramex, paid only 4$ customs and VAT.
A friend ordered the very same watch and shipped it with Aramex they charged him 19$ customs and VAT.
This year, I ordered another CK watch (value: 210$) shipped it with Aramex and they charged me 38$ customs and vat this time.
I believe it is random and a matter of luck.

#258 June 10 2016

NuclearVision

Did anyone shipa fairly inexpensive item from usa using usps or royal mail from uk for example?
I'm trying to figure out if customs are related to non chinese postal services. Because the under 200$ rule seems quite vague.
As i was browsing this topic, i read many contradictions.

Thanks!

#259 June 11 2016

AVOlio

NuclearVision wrote:

Did anyone shipa fairly inexpensive item from usa using usps or royal mail from uk for example?
I'm trying to figure out if customs are related to non chinese postal services. Because the under 200$ rule seems quite vague.
As i was browsing this topic, i read many contradictions.

Thanks!

I shipped an after market extra battery pack for my note 4 quite a long time ago, seller shipper with USPS.
I went to liban post Jdeideh and picked it up myself without paying anything as i'm shipping from china for example.
The battery cost 70$ as i remember.

#260 June 21 2016

NuclearVision

Anyone tried ubuy.com?
It's basically an amazon clone, somehow affiliated with amazon.
Update: It is extremely hard to browse it, the servers seem flimsy and often overloaded.

Last edited by NuclearVision (June 21 2016)

#261 June 29 2016

ramx2

NuclearVision wrote:

Anyone tried ubuy.com?
Update: It is extremely hard to browse it, the servers seem flimsy and often overloaded.

Have you used the mobile app ?

We need to know if anyone purchased from Ubuy.com and what's the customs procedures..

#262 July 4 2016

Shlagem

i ordered myself a cool button box for my sim racing rig.

DSD Button box

item cost :130$ and seller ships using USPS for free worldwide.

my tracking stopped here at the time of this writing:

Time    Activity    Location
2016-06-29 21:00:00    Departed    Miami, UNITED STATES
2016-06-29 15:53:00    Arrived    Miami, UNITED STATES
2016-06-28 19:34:00    Processed Through Facility    ISC MIAMI FL (USPS),
2016-06-28 13:45:00    Arrived at USPS Facility    MIAMI, FL
2016-06-28 01:45:00    Arrived at Facility    ISC MIAMI FL (USPS),
2016-06-27    Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS   
2016-06-27 15:50:00    Shipping Label Created    SEMINOLE, FL

I'm not sure if i have to start asking about it at Liban Post.

#263 July 8 2016

NuclearVision

ramx2 wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

Anyone tried ubuy.com?

Have you used the mobile app ?

We need to know if anyone purchased from Ubuy.com and what's the customs procedures..

Turns out to be very expensive shipping. I saw the ad on tv, and they litteraly said there were no extra cost.

Anyway, anyone bought knives from abroad? Is it legal? A 10cm okapi knife. It's a marvelous collectable.

#264 July 12 2016

Tech Guru

Geeks ,

For Example I want to order a 1080 from the USA Example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi … 1672203058

NewEgg or Amazon

May Some One Tell me the detailed step my step process from:

Account Creation Hints
Payment Hints (I have Audi Orange Master Card)
Shipment Hints
ETA -Expexted Time of Arrival
Warranty Hints
Packaging/Handling Hints

I need door to door shipment with an agent handling all airport customs & paper work - Hints about that.

What will be the expected final price of a 1080 for example that Costs 640 USD  on Ebay to reach my door (every additional expenses included).

Appreciated

#265 August 7 2016

Mok

Dear Sirs and Madams,

I read 11 pages and I still did not got my answer.
I want to buy a small toy from amazon 10 $ that has the size of a mouse, what is the cheapest way to ship it ?
No and I do not have any relatives in america.
I am considering either Shop and Ship or Borderlinx, but I read in the comments that anything you ship through Borderlinx no matter how small it is you have to pay 50500 L.L. for some reason, and I read also that there is a one time fee when opening a shop and ship account.
can I have a little comparison between both ... Because apparently you guys have a lot of experience using those two companies.

Thank you.

#266 August 7 2016

NuclearVision

can you find it on ebay?

#267 August 7 2016

Mok

Yes a used one, but I do not see why is that relevant to my question sir NuclearVision.

#268 August 7 2016

xAzarian

Mok wrote:

Dear Sirs and Madams,

I read 11 pages and I still did not got my answer.
I want to buy a small toy from amazon 10 $ that has the size of a mouse, what is the cheapest way to ship it ?
No and I do not have any relatives in america.
I am considering either Shop and Ship or Borderlinx, but I read in the comments that anything you ship through Borderlinx no matter how small it is you have to pay 50500 L.L. for some reason, and I read also that there is a one time fee when opening a shop and ship account.
can I have a little comparison between both ... Because apparently you guys have a lot of experience using those two companies.

Thank you.

I really don't recommend getting something that cheap with borderlinx. Yes they will charge you for shipping and then they charge you some "Miscellaneous" fees. It is only worth it if after you pay all the fees, the value is still lower than the Lebanese market value. If it's a toy I would recommend getting an alternative from AliExpress, Banggood or maybe an Ebay seller that ships to Lebanon.

#269 August 7 2016

NuclearVision

dear sir mok, read what xazarian wrote just one post above. Perhaps you will get the point, which is really obvious.
Best regards.

#270 August 7 2016

xAzarian

Point is , if you want to order something from amazon via borderlinx or any other service, expect at lease (ON AVERAGE) 20$+ fees for shipping and customs.
Save all the headaches, and just get it from AliExpress if you find it hard to find what you want on ebay and don't want to risk it.

#271 August 18 2016

Duath

I have a  question, let's say i want to buy an asus strix gtx 1070 from Amazon and the seller ships to lebanon,  do i have to pay customs too?

#272 August 21 2016

Nightwing113

Dear All,

I am considering to buy a new Asus Laptop  from Xoticpc costs 1700 $ ~ without shipping, and then get it here through borderlinx.

is there a fixed customes/tax rate or it is a russian roulette with an angry customs officer?

#273 August 21 2016

Tech Guru

Duath wrote:

I have a  question, let's say i want to buy an asus strix gtx 1070 from Amazon and the seller ships to lebanon,  do i have to pay customs too?

Already available at PC&Parts

#274 August 23 2016

Georges00

Ordered a 30$ Portable Speaker which is the size of a hand or even smaller. They want 30$ gomrouk.
Go Lebanon!

#275 August 24 2016

LifeEngineer

Georges00 wrote:

Ordered a 30$ Portable Speaker which is the size of a hand or even smaller. They want 30$ gomrouk.
Go Lebanon!

from where? which website? which post service?

Board footer