LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1076 October 23 2017

amkahal

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

guys, items still stuck at customs, what about you ??

#1077 October 24 2017

chosen2k

My item was released but now I have 3 others stuck

2017-10-19    LEBANON-BEIRUT SORTING CENTRE, Item received back from Customs
    2017-10-11    LEBANON-BEIRUT SORTING CENTRE, Item handed over to Customs for clearance Retention Reason: Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner

Last edited by chosen2k (October 24 2017)

#1078 October 24 2017

port80

Mine is stuck since Oct. 17

#1079 October 26 2017

Romanvian

If "shipment with local shipping company" means it's in the customs then i have an item that is now 1 month rotting there. Something fishy is going on, everything is very slowly coming out of there.

#1080 October 26 2017

Hybrid

Maybe because we all have so many items, so they are unable to keep up. I have like 10 items in customs

#1081 October 26 2017

Joeysaad

Same here, I've got 2 items that have been stuck in customs for 10 days. Funny thing is that the shipping took only 5 days to reach Lebanon but customs clearance has taken 10 days thus far.

#1082 October 26 2017

Romanvian

Hybrid wrote:

Maybe because we all have so many items, so they are unable to keep up. I have like 10 items in customs

Well if thats the case then they'll need to start processing and releasing much faster before 11.11 arrives .
"11.11 is coming"

#1083 October 26 2017

chosen2k

I remember the good old days, a package used to arrive to destination, next day it gets sent to distribution center and then the next day it gets delivered. It was a 2 days maximum wait.

Anyways, the more the orders the more their warehouses will be filled quickly and then they'll realize that they can't technically check every single package.
Then maybe they'll go back to checking only big/oversized items and not PERSONAL ITEMS THAT SHOULDNT BE TAXED ANYWAYS.

Also I don't think there's any way to talk to customs about this issue. There should be a max time the items are stuck at awaiting commissioner.

Last edited by chosen2k (October 26 2017)

#1084 October 26 2017

anayman_k7

They should hire more people to handle this, I had to experience to personally go there twice due to packages not being accepted to pass without paying extra fees, and believe the sorting center of Libanpost next to the airport is just a mess, you will waste a whole day just to get your item

#1085 October 26 2017

chosen2k

So apparently the thing is customs go to the airport 2/3 DAYS per week (Tuesday and Thursday) and they're the only people who are allowed to put the items on the scanner.

So yea that's the story. Good luck with a few hours of work handle millions of packages. Things are only going to get worse.

#1086 October 26 2017

infiniteloop

Last time I had a bad experience with Libanpost because I pay in my name but I deliver to my father's house where I live, the Libanpost dudes said nobody was home while we were and get the pack back I had to take my father's ID with me!
So can I simply change the address to my name for next times in Aliexpress?

#1087 October 27 2017

chosen2k

infiniteloop wrote:

Last time I had a bad experience with Libanpost because I pay in my name but I deliver to my father's house where I live, the Libanpost dudes said nobody was home while we were and get the pack back I had to take my father's ID with me!
So can I simply change the address to my name for next times in Aliexpress?

Yep

#1088 October 27 2017

Joeysaad

One item out of the two I have in customs was just cleared.

Item sent to Distribution Office  ( 2017-10-26 11:06 GMT-7 )   
2017.10.26 09:46 (GMT-7): Cleared customs
2017.10.16 10:19 (GMT-7): Started customs clearance process

There's hope for us yet.

#1089 November 7 2017

Ahmad_S111

Hi guys anyone else got their item cleared from customs? Mine is stuck since 27 october in customs clearence.

#1090 November 7 2017

infiniteloop

11.11 in 4 days!!

#1091 November 8 2017

chosen2k

Ahmad_S111 wrote:

Hi guys anyone else got their item cleared from customs? Mine is stuck since 27 october in customs clearence.

I have a package stuck since 27 October. I'll update here when it gets cleared.

#1092 November 8 2017

kfc

infiniteloop wrote:

11.11 in 4 days!!

11.11 is a lie. they increase prices before it.

#1093 November 8 2017

chosen2k

You can use http://www.aliprice.com/ i use their browser extension to check the price history.

#1094 November 8 2017

kfc

chosen2k wrote:

You can use http://www.aliprice.com/ i use their browser extension to check the price history.

thanks for the link. but why the curves cover old dates like september or october and dont continue till today?

#1095 November 8 2017

infiniteloop

kfc wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

11.11 in 4 days!!

Yep I checked, unless the ''discounted'' prices are not final, it's a big joke

#1096 November 8 2017

potato

man the only item i need cost is good however check the shipping cost.. NOT COOL

#1097 November 9 2017

Hybrid

kfc wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

11.11 in 4 days!!

Totally Agree, the actual price reduction is barely 1% on most of the items

#1098 November 9 2017

infiniteloop

It was better previous years, they used to make 30 to 50% but now like you said they increase the price then do some fake discounts, they rely on coupons which are ridiculous like 1$ for 25$ paid

#1099 November 9 2017

chosen2k

potato wrote:

man the only item i need cost is good however check the shipping cost.. NOT COOL

For example, this item using aliprice shows that it was 68$ which is close to price of the 11.11 ($64) sale heheheheh.  Anyways, talk to the seller live chat or just send him a message. Most of the time they will fix the shipping price or even make it free.

Last edited by chosen2k (November 9 2017)

#1100 November 11 2017

Ahmad_S111

chosen2k wrote:
Ahmad_S111 wrote:

I have a package stuck since 27 October. I'll update here when it gets cleared.

i just woke up and got a notification that my item was cleared i double checked the website and its cleared . how about you chosen2k?

edit: i use this app very good it automatically display update events

Last edited by Ahmad_S111 (November 11 2017)

Board footer