LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1051 June 2 2017

kfc

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

infiniteloop wrote:

I have an item with ''arrival at destination country'' for 45 days already (2 months since placing order) with 4PX, is that normal?
I placed a dispute meanwhile because I only had 5 days left

What happenned with your dispute?

I have the same issue with my last order from singapore with ''arrival at destination country'' for 7 days already. Usually when an item reaches the airport, it is immediately handed to the customs but it is not the case with this item and i am worried!

#1052 June 2 2017

infiniteloop

kfc wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

I have an item with ''arrival at destination country'' for 45 days already (2 months since placing order) with 4PX, is that normal?

I have the same issue with my last order from singapore with ''arrival at destination country'' for 7 days already. Usually when an item reaches the airport, it is immediately handed to the customs but it is not the case with this item and i am worried!

I don't think it's actually in the airport but still traveling, Singapore post has a bad translation and it should be ''going to final destination country''
About the dispute the seller tried to re-send the same product but I was a bit dubious about his proposal so by the time I answered him the second chance period was over and aliexpress engaged the refund process.

#1053 June 2 2017

kfc

infiniteloop wrote:
kfc wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

I don't think it's actually in the airport but still traveling, Singapore post has a bad translation and it should be ''going to final destination country''
About the dispute the seller tried to re-send the same product but I was a bit dubious about his proposal so by the time I answered him the second chance period was over and aliexpress engaged the refund process.

The weird thing is that i actually selected aliexpress standard shipping but it shipped from Singapore.

On the app, it tells me that the item reached Lebanon but when i put the tracking number on libanpost website, it tells me that the item left singapore!

#1054 June 8 2017

infiniteloop

kfc wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:
kfc wrote:

The weird thing is that i actually selected aliexpress standard shipping but it shipped from Singapore.

On the app, it tells me that the item reached Lebanon but when i put the tracking number on libanpost website, it tells me that the item left singapore!

I have seen lazy services but like Libanpost delivery...my item is with them at Riad el Solh center for 1 week already, every-time I call them I get a different answer, it's either ''maximum tomorrow'' or ''sometimes this week'' 
Libanpost nominated for the slowest and laziest postal service of 2017 worldwide!!

#1055 June 18 2017

Sasuke

has anyone ordered knives before from AE, is it legal?
I want to order a small credit card knife, not a samurai's sword

#1056 June 19 2017

Georges00

Sasuke wrote:

has anyone ordered knives before from AE, is it legal?
I want to order a small credit card knife, not a samurai's sword

A friend bought a karambit and it was delivered to his house.
I guess it's up to your luck if they see it or not.

#1057 July 4 2017

infiniteloop

I see more and more ''Turkey Post'' delivery option in aliexpress, anyone tried this option? Is it faster than China airmail? Customs are still free?

#1058 July 16 2017

A.L

Hello everyone,
one quick question:
if I want to buy something that is 150$+ from aliexpress is there in extra fees that I have to pay (customs and VAT)?
that something is either this:
zhiyun

or this
DJI

(I don't know if this is the place to ask such a question but do you know anyone who sells things like that in lebanon)
thank you.

#1059 July 19 2017

Hybrid

Any idea if the new law "قانون سلسلة الرتب والرواتب " will affect importing items from ali express?

#1060 July 19 2017

Aly

Hybrid wrote:

Any idea if the new law "قانون سلسلة الرتب والرواتب " will affect importing items from ali express?

I was personally interested in the new law a while back back in March - April since I was buying a house and registering it, the thing is they were going to impose some heavy taxes on real estate (and they did today by approving the law in the parliament) and i was rushing to register my house before they do ... I have downloaded the law PDF (more than 10 pages) and read it all carefully, there is nothing affecting small purchases like the ones from Aliexpress, however they imposed a new tax on containers.
Even purchases from Amazon and other retailers, shipping them using freight forwarding services (Like shopandship Aramex, DHL etc ..) wont be affected since VAT will only increase by 1% (Not sure if this passed or not) and custom duties are the same, maybe some minor changes in stamp duties but it will be negligible.

Last edited by Aly (July 20 2017)

#1061 July 19 2017

Draguen

Basicaly, it's most items that you buy from the supermarket that will be slightly more expensive, since most of them are shipped by container.

#1062 July 20 2017

infiniteloop

So in the end the seller didn't choose Turkey post but Bpost, he pretended there is a tracking but it's the same info for a week now ''bpost received the information'', I asked the seller why there are no updates, he said it's in Singapore.
In Bpost website they are saying it's on route to Belgium!

#1063 August 10 2017

infiniteloop

Libanpost is going backward, they used to deliver things 48h after they take them from customs, now they keep them 1 to 2 weeks in Riad el Solh, and this time it's with Bpost not the cheap small packet plus

#1064 August 11 2017

NuclearVision

infiniteloop wrote:

Libanpost is going backward, they used to deliver things 48h after they take them from customs, now they keep them 1 to 2 weeks in Riad el Solh, and this time it's with Bpost not the cheap small packet plus

Not precisely, perhaps this particular office is flooded with parcels, my parcels don't last more than a day in post office.

#1065 August 13 2017

Matta512

Hi guys,
I am looking to buy a tool that costs more than 200k L.L from Aliexpress but the seller only offers DHL shipping to Lebanon. According to the seller the package is 20x20x20 . From what I read , shipping with DHL=customs, so is there something I can do about it without letting the customs (and DHL) rip me off (yesel5oune)?
Thank you :)

Last edited by Matta512 (August 13 2017)

#1066 August 14 2017

nuclearcat

ask him to ship to aramex shop and ship address, for example

Last edited by nuclearcat (August 14 2017)

#1067 August 21 2017

Matta512

nuclearcat wrote:

ask him to ship to aramex shop and ship address, for example

if I ship it there wouldn't I have to pay aramex again to ship it back to me? (I feel I would end up paying the same or maybe more).
Also the seller added EMS (71$) for shipping along with DHL (51$). Will EMS also force me to pay customs?

Thank you.

#1068 August 21 2017

Hybrid

Has anyone tried to ship back an item to aliexpress? I got a defective item. How much does it usually cost to ship it back?

#1069 October 12 2017

chosen2k

I have multiple items shipped with Singapore Post. (All items are from the same seller)

The tracking at origin shows:
    2017-10-06 08:39    Arrival at Destination Post (Country: LB)
    2017-10-03 16:39    Despatched to overseas (Country code: LB)

Tracking at libanpost
    2017-10-11 15:25   LEBANON-BEIRUT SORTING CENTRE, Item received at Sorting Center
    2017-10-03 16:25  SINGAPORE-SGSINB, Item departed to final destination

The other item tracking at origin
2017-10-05 08:24 Arrival at Destination Post (Country: LB)

Technically there's a few days (5 days which is a lot) between Singapore saying that the item arrived and Libanpost saying that the item arrived.

So who's right?

Last edited by chosen2k (October 12 2017)

#1070 October 13 2017

nefe_lpmk

kfc wrote:
Sebas98619 wrote:

Hey guys. Has anyone ever bought chargers/cables from Anker or Ugreen ? Are they reliable ?

I recently ordered 2 from Bastec. I had the impression that it was the best on aliexpress.

Any feedback on that? how did you ship them , was clearance payed?

I want to order a power bank and some USB-C cables.
Anker don't ship to lebanon when you click ship.So considering aukey.

#1071 October 18 2017

amkahal

Dears,

i have two items still on "waiting presentation to customs ...." since 7 days, this is unusual, usually all my orders skip custom check within 3~4 days, these are a vga to rj-45 converter and wifi-adapter, not weird items.

any idea ?

#1072 October 18 2017

chosen2k

Yea I have an item stuck like this. Libanpost will tell you that it's not their problem they're waiting just like you.
IMO this is BS, new policies need to be set by customs in order to accelerate their procedures. An items shouldn't be kept 7 days waiting for a commissioner to wake up from a coma.

2017-10-11

LEBANON-BEIRUT SORTING CENTRE, Item handed over to Customs for clearance Retention Reason: Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner

#1073 October 18 2017

safo

Yup, mine is still in customs since Oct 9th.  I pray they don't confiscate it

I legit ordered knives from aliexpress and they took around a day to process

#1074 October 19 2017

ironman

Well my items got stuck in customs as well for like 10 days then they got released.

#1075 October 19 2017

safo

ironman wrote:

Well my items got stuck in customs as well for like 10 days then they got released.

thats re-assuring, thank you. But yeah its been 10 days and nothings happening :/

whats the longest an item been stuck at "item handed over to Customs for clearance Retention Reason: Awaiting presentation to customs" phase?

Board footer