LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1001 March 13 2017

elserge82

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

Georges00 wrote:

That's not happening with me... and I order alot. Not just from AliExpress but from the US too.

US? You mean ebay??

#1002 March 13 2017

anayman_k7

Libanpost takes so much time to deliver the goods, today I couldn't wait anymore, I have a lot of items that arrived into Lebanon and I'm not sure if they left customs yet or not, so I paid Libanpost a visit and managed to get 2 items, still waiting for a lot more from Aliexpress/Banggood

#1003 March 13 2017

Georges00

elserge82 wrote:
Georges00 wrote:

That's not happening with me... and I order alot. Not just from AliExpress but from the US too.

US? You mean ebay??

No, there are many sites that sell specific products. Not a marketplace.
Let's say Bose site, they only sell Bose products. They don't sell JBL products.

#1004 March 14 2017

Locha

Hello,

Is there any advantage of having a box @ Libanpost in terms of delivery time ?

#1005 March 14 2017

Georges00

Locha wrote:

Hello,

Is there any advantage of having a box @ Libanpost in terms of delivery time ?

No. You can always pick up your items from LibanPost with or without a box when they arrive.

#1006 March 22 2017

infiniteloop

Just so you know that aliexpress anniversary starts on the 28th and you can get 2$ coupons very easily right now

#1007 March 23 2017

Metalloy

i am intersted to know, what are you guys planning to purchase on aliexpress anniversary?
personally i am eyeballing few ip cameras like the Yi home.

#1008 March 26 2017

Jerome

2017.03.23 19:20 (GMT-7): Item delivered
2017.03.24 09:32 (GMT-7): Item under processing at Post Office
2017.03.24 08:47 (GMT-7): Item received at Post Office
2017.03.23 22:26 (GMT-7): Item sent to delivery office
2017.03.20 09:26 (GMT-7): Shipmnet arrived at destination country
2017.03.16 11:29 (GMT-7): departed from export center
2017.03.16 11:29 (GMT-7): 【8】Preparing to Dispatch (Country code: LB)
2017.03.15 20:29 (GMT-7): Preparing to Dispatch (Country code: LB)
2017.03.14 17:50 (GMT-7): 【HONGKONG】Hand over to airline
2017.03.14 02:50 (GMT-7): Hand over to airline
2017.03.13 21:38 (GMT-7): Received by line-haul
2017.03.13 16:38 (GMT-7): Outbound in sorting center
2017.03.13 16:08 (GMT-7): Inbound in sorting center
2017.03.12 10:00 (GMT-7): Accepted by carrier
2017.03.10 20:14 (GMT-7): Shipment confirmation

That is pretty much 13 days from order to delivery!!! 4PX Singapore Post OM Pro.

#1009 March 26 2017

Azachariou

Might I ask what you were shipping Jerome?

#1010 March 27 2017

infiniteloop

It's starting at 00.00 hour Beijing time meaning 7pm today here, or it's Pacific time meaning tomorrow at 10am?

#1011 March 27 2017

Georges00

infiniteloop wrote:

It's starting at 00.00 hour Beijing time meaning 7pm today here, or it's Pacific time meaning tomorrow at 10am?

Tomorrow at 10am

#1012 April 3 2017

jad594

Hey Geeks,

I have ordered a bracelet via aliexpress and it arrived 14 days ago (on the app it said that), how long do I have to wait for them to arrive?

My carrier was AliExpress Standard Shipping

#1013 April 3 2017

anayman_k7

I usually order stuff for a friend, few months ago I ordered a motorcycle helmet, it arrived with no fees (it was packaged in a bag), today I received another helmet that was ordered weeks ago, this time they requested 47,000LBP fees for customs and handling!!! The helmet was packed in a cartoon box, I did not understand why this time was different than the last time, would it be the cartoon box!?

#1014 April 3 2017

Georges00

anayman_k7 wrote:

I usually order stuff for a friend, few months ago I ordered a motorcycle helmet, it arrived with no fees (it was packaged in a bag), today I received another helmet that was ordered weeks ago, this time they requested 47,000LBP fees for customs and handling!!! The helmet was packed in a cartoon box, I did not understand why this time was different than the last time, would it be the cartoon box!?

Kind of yes.
99% of the time, if an order is in a box, you'll have to pay something.
The 47000LBP is weird though because I paid 46000LL for boxing gloves and my friend paid the same amount for 4kg of Protein in a plastic container.
Not sure what's happening lately.

#1015 April 3 2017

chosen2k

@anayman_k7 because customs are random thieves. They are unprofessional and they do not do any type of research (like look into somesort of pricing guidebook or search the net) and just price randomly.
This already happened to me multiple times and there's no clear explanation except "maybe?" the customs dude had to get a certain quota per month and your package was one of the big packages present at the time.

#1016 April 3 2017

anayman_k7

This is very sad, hopefully the situation will get better in 3017, yes 1000 years from now

#1017 April 3 2017

Georges00

chosen2k wrote:

@anayman_k7 because customs are random thieves. They are unprofessional and they do not do any type of research (like look into somesort of pricing guidebook or search the net) and just price randomly.
This already happened to me multiple times and there's no clear explanation except "maybe?" the customs dude had to get a certain quota per month and your package was one of the big packages present at the time.

They actually have a book that tells them how much percentage to charge.
When doing their calculations, they factor in the shipping cost.
They will look for the receipt inside the shipping box/cartoon.

Last edited by Georges00 (April 3 2017)

#1018 April 3 2017

anayman_k7

Georges00 wrote:
chosen2k wrote:

They actually have a book that tells them how much percentage to charge.
When doing their calculations, they factor in the shipping cost.
They will look for the receipt inside the shipping box/cartoon.

I never get any receipt with my orders from Aliexpress, usually they write down a very low price which is not the actual item price and also they mark it as a gift item.

#1019 April 3 2017

chosen2k

I've been to customs at the airport multiple times, there are no books or anything. I've seen it this random pricing happening on my items with my own eyes. These items were purchased form the states with correct invoices & not aliexpress fake invoices. The guy did not look at anything and all the calculations he did were inside his head. He overestimated the price of the item to get higher customs even though there is a clear invoice and any search on the internet would have validated the invoice. When asked about it he said yea this thing would sell for a lot more in Lebanon which is the ultimate unprofessional excuse I've ever heard.
ALSO I've noticed that customs have an attraction to big packages thinking it will get them higher ROI. Ive had small packages worth over 400$ get to me with 0 customs whereas BIG packages in size EXAMPLE: A body for an 1/8 RC car which weighs nothing but comes in a big package get slapped a 50.000 L.L customs fees on a 30$ item. So yes, it is BS.

#1020 April 3 2017

Georges00

chosen2k wrote:

I've been to customs at the airport multiple times, there are no books or anything. I've seen it this random pricing happening on my items with my own eyes. These items were purchased form the states with correct invoices & not aliexpress fake invoices. The guy did not look at anything and all the calculations he did were inside his head. He overestimated the price of the item to get higher customs even though there is a clear invoice and any search on the internet would have validated the invoice. When asked about it he said yea this thing would sell for a lot more in Lebanon which is the ultimate unprofessional excuse I've ever heard.
ALSO I've noticed that customs have an attraction to big packages thinking it will get them higher ROI. Ive had small packages worth over 400$ get to me with 0 customs whereas BIG packages in size EXAMPLE: A body for an 1/8 RC car which weighs nothing but comes in a big package get slapped a 50.000 L.L customs fees on a 30$ item. So yes, it is BS.

I was there last Saturday. They were actually very professional.
Opened my package, got the invoice and sent me to an office to know how much to pay.
The lady there opened a book, checked how much I had to pay and told me she'll list all the items as a single category because my package contained items with a higher tax/custom percentage and that way I'll have to pay less.
You're right about the small and big packages.
I never paid on small packages, even on one that was worth around 600$.
But when it's in a cartoon box, I'm paying 99% of the time.

#1021 April 4 2017

jad594

Hey guys my product arrived to Lebanon (says on the app), when do they usually deliver it home? and can I personally go pick it up if I dont want to wait? (AliExpress Standard Shipping)

#1022 April 4 2017

Jerome

Azachariou wrote:

Might I ask what you were shipping Jerome?

Rubix cube, to my doorstep

#1023 April 5 2017

infiniteloop

Ordered 2 items during the anniversary days, one with tracking and the other Singapore 4PX something which is not supposed to have tracking, but both had the exact same tracking info, last one was ''security checks'' accepted, which means for aliexpress that they left China.
I am surprised to see that the tracking and non tracking options were giving me the exact same information while different sellers

#1024 April 10 2017

Draguen

Hey guys, are you receiving your items normally? I have one item stucked since 21/03 and the other one since 24/03 listed as "arrival at destination country"

For some reasons other items are passing but not these two.

A co-worker is in the same situation, items vary from a tea infuser to a cheap cellphone.

Also, do you know if we can contact the airport directly like we can call libanpost?

#1025 April 10 2017

anayman_k7

Recently I got a refund on a Ulefone from Banggood, never arrived, its been 2.5 months for now and the last tracking update was on 11/2, so yeah it happens, always keep yourself protected and request protection time extension from the seller few days before the time ran out, and if he doesnt extend it for you open a dispute and he will answer in few minutes.

Board footer