LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#976 October 27 2016

Georges00

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

They used to deliver a bill to my house and I had to go pick it up myself and pay.

#977 November 11 2016

Hybrid

So guys, are you gonna order anything on 11/11? I'm just trying to figure if there's gonna be huge amount of items coming to lebanon...

Last edited by Hybrid (November 11 2016)

#978 November 11 2016

Georges00

Hybrid wrote:

So guys, are you gonna order anything on 11/11? I'm just trying to figure if there's gonna be huge amount of items coming to lebanon...

I'm gonna order some stuff. Keep in mind not all sales are actual sales. They increase prices then do a sale.

#979 November 11 2016

dav

Georges00 wrote:

I'm gonna order some stuff. Keep in mind not all sales are actual sales. They increase prices then do a sale.

i agree

#980 November 11 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

50% on KZ earphones, it would be st**d to not get one of these :)
Though I guess it will take a while till it's delivered due to heavy sales of today

#981 November 11 2016

DNA

vegetaleb wrote:

Though I guess it will take a while till it's delivered due to heavy sales of today

which one you recommend?

#982 November 11 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

DNA wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

which one you recommend?

I have the ATES which are awesome, ordered the ZS3 that are the new ones to get

#983 December 22 2016

Romanvian

anyone noticing big delays ?

2 of my items arrived on the same plane at the same time, one of them came in, held,and released from customs while the other is only "item recieved at Beirut..."and not even " at customs clearance ".... what's the deal? any thoughts?

one last thing, do they work between 23-2 (of course holidays excluded) or like schools/unis it's all off days

#984 December 22 2016

anayman_k7

Romanvian wrote:

anyone noticing big delays ?

2 of my items arrived on the same plane at the same time, one of them came in, held,and released from customs while the other is only "item recieved at Beirut..."and not even " at customs clearance ".... what's the deal? any thoughts?

one last thing, do they work between 23-2 (of course holidays excluded) or like schools/unis it's all off days

Yes, expected after 11/11 sale add to that the Christmas

#985 December 23 2016

m0ei

I got this parcel shipped with Hong Kong Post, it got collected by the post office BUT the status didn't change yet, after 10 days. Is it normal? posted to the office and hasn't shipped it using hong kong post?

Also, I had 2 packages shipped with China Post a day after each other. The second one arrived in 20 days, all in all I got the package after 1 month. On the other hand, the first one hasn't arrived to Lebanon yet, almost 1 month and 10 days so far. It "should" arrive I guess, it's a big package though.

#986 December 25 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Anyone tried an hdmi 2.0 cable from aliexpress?
If yes is it good enough or not real 2.0?

#987 January 26 2017

khanem

Anyone experiencing delays with chinapost? I have an item marked departed to final destination since 05/12/2016 and nothing yet. Usually items arrive in max 30 days.

#988 January 26 2017

Draguen

Yes, expect a 2-3 weeks delay. Since the 11/11 very few items arrived within the regular month. I even had to open a few complaints to get reimbursed for a few things that didn't arrive

#989 March 1 2017

infiniteloop

Hi
I see some people could buy from aliexpress without paying airport customs, can you buy a Xiaomi phone without paying customs from aliexpress?

#990 March 1 2017

Draguen

As you can see above, most people who buy items using China post /Hong Kong post / ali express standard shipping ect. Very rarely pay customs, me included,regardless of the item.

So the short story is yes, in 95% of the cases you don't pay customs.

#991 March 1 2017

LifeEngineer

infiniteloop wrote:

Hi
I see some people could buy from aliexpress without paying airport customs, can you buy a Xiaomi phone without paying customs from aliexpress?

I ordered in the recent years more than 10 xiaomi phones and only the last time I had to pay a 25$ customs fee. So you're probably good unless you get unlucky but that's not a big amount to pay!

#992 March 1 2017

Flakk

infiniteloop wrote:

Hi

I recommend you contact the seller and ask if he can change the item description to something other than cellphone (phone case etc..) and also change the price on the package. Some sellers will accept and other wont.

Last edited by Flakk (March 1 2017)

#993 March 1 2017

infiniteloop

Thanks, nice trick

#994 March 4 2017

kfc

hey guys, when aliexpress says that delivery time takes 53-60 days, does it really take that long to arrive? or it can take less?

how come i often hear people say it takes 3-4 weeks to lebanon? knowing that none of the suggested free or low cost shipping methods offer a shipping time that is less than 37 days!

Last edited by kfc (March 4 2017)

#995 March 4 2017

Bahij.M

The average time is 40 days to 60 , some items take a whole lot more (i usually open a dispute if i didn't receive it after 60 days) , others arrive earlier .

Last edited by Bahij.M (March 4 2017)

#996 March 11 2017

Hybrid

Liban Post are being assholes, they are not delivering most of the packages, they mark them as failed to deliver, and then they call you and say you have to pay 5000 LBP to get them re-delivered.

Coincidently (probably), Liban post started selling low end items (USB flash disks, USB cables....) in their offices or through fast delivery, they are even having a competition between their employees on who will sell more. Basically, go to any Liban post office, and the lady or the guy behind the desk will beg you to buy some item from them... Pathetic.

#997 March 11 2017

infiniteloop

I was doing a bit of research about aliexpress, and it looks like on the 29th of March they did a sales day for their anniversary, better wait for the end of the month then

#998 March 11 2017

Anthony2000

Hybrid wrote:

Liban Post are being assholes, they are not delivering most of the packages, they mark them as failed to deliver, and then they call you and say you have to pay 5000 LBP to get them re-delivered.

Coincidently (probably), Liban post started selling low end items (USB flash disks, USB cables....) in their offices or through fast delivery, they are even having a competition between their employees on who will sell more. Basically, go to any Liban post office, and the lady or the guy behind the desk will beg you to buy some item from them... Pathetic.

same story here

#999 March 11 2017

Georges00

That's not happening with me... and I order alot. Not just from AliExpress but from the US too.

#1000 March 13 2017

elserge82

Anthony2000 wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

same story here

I had an issue with one item. I called the guy who delivers me the packages. He told me that I had a package that he knew it was for me but his supervisor requested to send it back to libanpost main office due to a misspelling:D
So i had to pay them 5000 in order to get it back.

Board footer