LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#451 December 27 2014

NuclearVision

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

yes mostly electronics, clothes hm i don't know, size problems..., what you can find here for 60 bucks is for 10-20 or even less there.
Collectibles... replicas etc..

#452 December 27 2014

m.sabra

I bought some clothes (jeans shorts and football jersey) they put measures in the description on aliexpress,mesure your clothes (sleeves,shoulders,etc..) and chose the size based on this, don't measure your body.

#453 December 29 2014

Sup3r

I ordered a tiny electronic part for my laptop, it's been 19days I'm wondering how do I receive it when it arrives? and how do I even know it arrived? Does LibanPost call everyone and inform them to get their shipments?

Item status shows: Departure from outward office of exchange

Last edited by Sup3r (December 29 2014)

#454 December 29 2014

NuclearVision

This means your item is on-route. In plane or transit! Sinxe when it shows departure ?

Last edited by NuclearVision (December 29 2014)

#455 December 29 2014

caligula

my items status still displaying
2014-11-26 14:27, Beirut Sorting Center, Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport, Item received at Office of Exchange
and libanpost customer service representative said that my items still in customs is this logical answer ? there was items that i received them even i ordered after 26-11 , is shipping "faux bijoux" things sent by hong kong postal make any issue ?

#456 December 29 2014

NuclearVision

Keep calling liban post, talk to seller ..

#457 December 29 2014

NuclearVision

Are there any branded products? Replicas etc? Those might cause customs problems.

#458 December 29 2014

caligula

NuclearVision wrote:

Are there any branded products? Replicas etc? Those might cause customs problems.

no branded products or replicas it just rings and earrings and bracelet supposed to be gift for Christmas but no luck
representative said there is no retaining but what someone do if that happen in worse case

Last edited by caligula (December 29 2014)

#459 December 29 2014

NuclearVision

Then insist on libanpost asking what to do, just complain otherwise you won't have your stuff. One month at customs is a lot..

#460 December 29 2014

caligula

after a call with libanpost their new status is that my item still in sorting center and in customs zone she said there are both in the same place
magician "dr miki" know what they are meaning

#461 December 29 2014

NuclearVision

Man you should ask ehat to do not where they are, open a dispute anyway.

#462 December 29 2014

caligula

NuclearVision wrote:

Man you should ask ehat to do not where they are, open a dispute anyway.

okay nuc

#463 December 29 2014

NuclearVision

The packaging may be suspicious(assuming it's not your fault)... Thats probably why it's in customs.
On aliexpress, is the delivry time up? If not, extend it or open dispute, in case it's up, you won't be eligible for a refund...

#464 December 29 2014

caligula

by the way why we don't send each of us his experience bad or good with aliexpress stores name and link , so others here could know those stores behavior and take idea to do business or not with these stores for next time?

#465 December 29 2014

caligula

NuclearVision wrote:

The packaging may be suspicious(assuming it's not your fault)... Thats probably why it's in customs.
On aliexpress, is the delivry time up? If not, extend it or open dispute, in case it's up, you won't be eligible for a refund...

i have still 18 days without any extend yet

#466 December 29 2014

NuclearVision

caligula wrote:

by the way why we don't send each of us his experience bad or good with aliexpress stores name and link , so others here could know those stores behavior and take idea to do business or not with these stores for next time?

It really depends on your luck, and the circumstances. In fact, browsing the feedback of the same seller could reveal happy people who were assisted by the seller and their package delivered in no time, and others who had very bad experience with the same seller.
So always buy from the seller with most feedback even if it was to cost you a little more.

#467 December 29 2014

caligula

NuclearVision wrote:
caligula wrote:

It really depends on your luck, and the circumstances. In fact, browsing the feedback of the same seller could reveal happy people who were assisted by the seller and their package delivered in no time, and others who had very bad experience with the same seller.
So always buy from the seller with most feedback even if it was to cost you a little more.

you are right maybe last time a seller sent me my item so fast and with netherlands postal (contain battery ) plus everything was ok ,at the time of the order their feedback was positive and very good but i checked it again last night and i see it is 3.9 for three categories so sometimes things go to confusing you

#468 January 5 2015

Sup3r

I've got this status on my item: Departure from outward office of exchange    20141226 1225,
I'm wondering is it still too early to check whether it arrived or not?
And when it arrives do I just call LibanPost and present My tracking#? Appreciate any inputs.

#469 January 5 2015

caligula

Sup3r wrote:

I've got this status on my item: Departure from outward office of exchange    20141226 1225,
I'm wondering is it still too early to check whether it arrived or not?
And when it arrives do I just call LibanPost and present My tracking#? Appreciate any inputs.

with your track number you can check libanpost here ,it will be more useful to use libanpost site or call them when item arrive ,but usually from china departure day to arriving in lebanon sometimes take 10 days or 20 or 30 or 50, last time mine took 50 days to appear in status as arrived in beirut sorting center maybe here in customs they taken that time at least to entering the track data i don't know ,and after that you will wait and wait to receive your item , in the meantime but after arriving in beirut sorting center you can call in interval 5 days 1577  and ask about your item by giving your track number

#470 January 5 2015

m0ei

I ordered few components from China, the seller shipped it with a company called Yanwen, it arrived to Lebanon in 5 days only. I can't track it on Libanpost site, I tried calling them and they said that's not possible the tracking number is invalid, it's too short. I can track it normally on their site, it shows that the shipment arrived on 10 December 2014.

Almost a month has passed and I still didn't get my item.

Last edited by m0ei (January 5 2015)

#471 January 5 2015

AVOlio

@m0ei
Me also the same.
Item arrived since 4th of December.
But didn't receive it yet, nor did I get a call that it's here.
Also I didn't try and contact LibanPost and ask them about it either.

#472 January 5 2015

Hybrid

I've got around 3 items in the last 2 weeks.

m0ei wrote:

I ordered few components from China, the seller shipped it with a company called Yanwen, it arrived to Lebanon in 5 days only. I can't track it on Libanpost site, I tried calling them and they said that's not possible the tracking number is invalid, it's too short. I can track it normally on their site, it shows that the shipment arrived on 10 December 2014.

Fill a dispute and get a refund before the seller protection expires..

#473 January 5 2015

m.sabra

m0ei wrote:

Yanwen is not registered airmail that means it cannot be tracked, the tracking info on yanwen site is fake and it's generated on country basis,you can fill a dispute claiming untrackable package or simply you didn't receive it, you will eventually receive it and liban post will call you, i had a shipment with yanwen before and it arrived but without any tracking info on libanpost site.

#474 January 9 2015

caligula

it is high season so you must wait to receive your item ,answered by libanpost its about 2 months still item in airport sorting center, here we have high season on everything

#475 January 9 2015

xAzarian

I also have like 2 items in "Beirut Rafic Hariri Airport Sorting Center". It has been like 3 weeks , so should I be worried?

Board footer