LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#426 December 13 2014

m.sabra

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

NuclearVision wrote:

Guys have you ever stumbled upon a fake deal/ fake seller?
I made a purchase, it was a product that cost 10$ but other sellers selling for 30-60$.
Well i didn't realize until noe that the seller had no feedback at all and i was the only one ordering from him, order status is awaiting shipment since 2-3 days. I got no message from seller, unlike other purchases.
So watch out, 10$ is worth taking a shot, don't buy expensive stuff from seller with no feedback!

if he didn't ship your order you will get refunded,if he gave you a fake tracking number you will also get refunded so nothing to worry about i guess.

#427 December 14 2014

NuclearVision

The thing is, i am using a scratch card, i have no idea if it is refundable.

#428 December 20 2014

NuclearVision

any news about liban post?
And the chinese tracking site, the original one, isn't functional? the track button doesn't click... here

#429 December 21 2014

m.sabra

#430 December 21 2014

NuclearVision

Which one is china post?

#431 December 21 2014

NuclearVision

There are many companies under china ecommerce but there is not the official postal (china post). Correct me.

#432 December 21 2014

m.sabra

Use Global Postal on the home page.

#433 December 21 2014

NuclearVision

I did, says not found, guessing it just needs time(it's been 4 days since i was given the tracking number). I wonder where do they generate these fake tracking numbers..

#434 December 21 2014

m.sabra

It might take up to 10 days to show tracking info,it doesn't necessarily mean that it's fake.

#435 December 21 2014

NuclearVision

Okay thanks for the useful info !

#436 December 22 2014

NuclearVision

It works now, tracking info are shown on aliexpress site, i could even track it on libanpost's website! Thanks man!

#437 December 23 2014

NuclearVision

Look what happened guys, i ordered couole of items, there was this small gadget from a seller with no points. I waited for the 10 days window and thought i'd get my money back. Before only 2 hours of the automatic order cancellation, the order was shipped, however the seller who didn't reply to any of my inquiries vanished and deleted his store page, but now i have a tracking number, it's real, it says departure to destination country in 23/dec which is today.
What do you think? Shall i expect an empty package, the price was really low, compared to others? what can i do then?
Thank you!

#438 December 23 2014

port80

NuclearVision wrote:

Look what happened guys, i ordered couole of items, there was this small gadget from a seller with no points. I waited for the 10 days window and thought i'd get my money back. Before only 2 hours of the automatic order cancellation, the order was shipped, however the seller who didn't reply to any of my inquiries vanished and deleted his store page, but now i have a tracking number, it's real, it says departure to destination country in 23/dec which is today.
What do you think? Shall i expect an empty package, the price was really low, compared to others? what can i do then?
Thank you!

Open a dispute now don't wait till you receive them since the dispute time might expire by then.

Last edited by port80 (December 23 2014)

#439 December 23 2014

NuclearVision

There are 59 more days and the parcel will leave hong kong today, i guess i will not dispute now? What do you think?

#440 December 23 2014

rtp

I think you should wait and open a dispute once you get a fake item or when the shipping is about to expire (5 days).  Never buy from a person who doesn't have a lot of feedback. Make sure the feedback are from different people...

Last edited by rtp (December 23 2014)

#441 December 23 2014

Stygmata
Banned

NuclearVision wrote:

There are 59 more days and the parcel will leave hong kong today, i guess i will not dispute now? What do you think?

open a dispute now showing them that the store page has been deleted and no one is replying to your messages . the funds should be still with aliexpress ..they will return them to you

#442 December 23 2014

NuclearVision

The only reason holding me from opening dispute is that there is already a parcel arriving to me, there are no means to contact the seller, he vanished.
I will wait until till i get it, if its fake i will open a dispute, i will win the dispute anyway he delted his page and money is with aliexpress.
Edit: item departed to final destination.

Last edited by NuclearVision (December 23 2014)

#443 December 23 2014

NuclearVision

Do parcels come from china to lebanon directly?

#444 December 24 2014

TheIlluminative

I heard they are charging for customs now for every item from Aliexpress? please can you confirm?

I want to order a new tablet ($85) any advice? will I have to pay more? the price is good and the feedback is amazing.

#445 December 24 2014

NuclearVision

I am not sure, if they can declare it as gift with 10-20$ value, then i guess you're safe, i will provide more info when i get my 4 orders, if i do get them any soon...

Just a small tip, don't get involved in too good to be true deals ! Unless it's authentic, seller is highly rated, feedback is good..
Ask the seller to provide real pictures of the product while functional, almost all cheap tablets have really bad cheap plastic that's going to break, and an ill lcd eith poor colors and illumination.
Good luck!

#446 December 26 2014

NuclearVision

Could someone share experience with hong kong post? Its somehow faster and less precise than china post! It says my item left hong kong, thats it.
Thanks !

#447 December 26 2014

NuclearVision

My suspicious order was frozen, they said seller was suspicious and they will ask him for documents, if no reply with in 3 days they will issue me a full refund.
The weird thing is the tracking number shows a parcel about to get delivered to me...

#448 December 27 2014

Johnaudi

NuclearVision wrote:

My suspicious order was frozen, they said seller was suspicious and they will ask him for documents, if no reply with in 3 days they will issue me a full refund.
The weird thing is the tracking number shows a parcel about to get delivered to me...

You're getting your package for free then. (if you get the refund...)

#449 December 27 2014

NuclearVision

I will get the refund for sure, the seller must have abandoned his email. But i think he doesn't have the product i ordered, i'm so excited to see whats in the box  paper towel?

#450 December 27 2014

Dex

what do you guys buy from aliexpress (electronics,clothing,covers)?

Board footer