LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#401 October 16 2014

LebK

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

port80 wrote:
MohammedSF wrote:

WTH ? Am i the only one around here who pays VAT & Customs ?

I'm with Aramex and i always pay VAT, Customs, some رسوم "stamps & ovt", and Aramex customs clearance fee of course.

How come Lebanpost is getting everything for free ?

Should be:

Computer Hardware: 10% vat + 0% customs + رسوم + clearance

Cell phones & accessories: 10% vat + 5% customs + رسوم + clearance

Toys: 10% vat + 5% customs + رسوم + clearance

Apparel: 10% vat + 5% customs + 5050L.L per MIN + رسوم + clearance *i don't know wth is MIN

You can find customs tarrif on
customs.gov.lb

I am not sure about this but it could because with aramex it is treated as a parcel while with libanpost it is treated as mail which doesn't have VAT unles it is over 200,00 ll or whatever the new rule is.

Personally I have order A LOT of items from aliexpress and haven't paid a single dollar more than the price of the item. I've also ordered an item from the US and shipped it using international mail and also didn't pay any customs fees when it arrived.

Can you please advise what kind of website is it that delivers from the states using international mail, and what kind of items do you usually ship ?

#402 October 17 2014

port80

LebK wrote:

Can you please advise what kind of website is it that delivers from the states using international mail, and what kind of items do you usually ship ?

It's not a market place like amazon or ebay it was just one item (http://getkeysmart.com/) and the seller happened to have international mail delivery.

#403 October 17 2014

nas93

Guys, did anyone ever try shipping with DHL?

#404 October 18 2014

NuclearVision

i dont think so.
in fact we use aliexpress to save some cash, dhl usually, is for more expensive items, which are due to customs hassle, not to mention the dhl fee alone which is also big.

#405 October 18 2014

nas93

Hmm I'm thinking of ordering a watch priced at $120 will i pay a huge customs tax?

#406 October 18 2014

NuclearVision

Depends on hoew much the  customs guys "value" the watch, i am not sure but anything over 150$ in value is taxed, and not what you pay.
i don't redommend shipping a replica watch.

#407 October 18 2014

Metalloy

I made a purchase yesterday on Aliexpress for 2 phone covers. It shows that the items have been shipped from the supplier but when i track  the order on the china mail website it shows that no item found. Is that common?
That's my first purchase.

#408 October 19 2014

port80

Metalloy wrote:

I made a purchase yesterday on Aliexpress for 2 phone covers. It shows that the items have been shipped from the supplier but when i track  the order on the china mail website it shows that no item found. Is that common?
That's my first purchase.

Yes, it's very common they give a fake tracking number at first then change it. Check back in a week you'll find it.

Also use this (http://track-chinapost.com/) to track you shipment it's better then the site they give you.

#409 October 20 2014

nas93

NuclearVision wrote:

Depends on hoew much the  customs guys "value" the watch, i am not sure but anything over 150$ in value is taxed, and not what you pay.
i don't redommend shipping a replica watch.

Thanks for the useful info.

#410 October 21 2014

Metalloy

So my items now are trackable and it is status for tracking is "collection".
Does that mean i need to go collect it? Isnt it supposed to be delivered to my house?

#411 October 21 2014

m.sabra

It means the post office in china collected the item.

#412 October 22 2014

NuclearVision

Still a long way to go! Give it a couple of weeks.

#413 October 22 2014

Metalloy

Yea i was surprised for it to be in colllection stagr so fadt but now i see it is a long wait indeed.
i am in ksa btw so i will inform you guys how it goes here.

#414 November 3 2014

nas93

So I ordered a watch and it was delivered by FedEx the watch was $110, delivery was $40 on the website and $20 on hand delivery (No customs were paid). Took exactly 3 days to arrive

#415 December 2 2014

TrollFatGuy

Hey guys, long time no post on this thread  Anyways, how do I know if my order from aliexpress has arrived to Lebanon?

#416 December 6 2014

NuclearVision

Anyone ordered anything recently?
Are they still shipping to doors or not because of flood in orders? Thanks!

#417 December 6 2014

Johnaudi

What did you guys input for location? My friend doesn't know his ZIP code so I've put in Mansourieh, call 76 XXX XXX, would that manage it?

#418 December 6 2014

maulader

I received some items last week, I had to pick em up from libanpost myself. They called my home and said that i haven't been answering my cell [which could be true, i don't have my cell during work] so I had to pass by myself.

#419 December 10 2014

khanem

Anyone with experience with yanwen shipping to Lebanon from Aliexpress?

#420 December 10 2014

AVOlio

my latest order was with Yanwen, and i didnt even know it until today.
I decided to track the order, and it turns out that it arrived at Beirut Airport yesterday.
It was shipped on the 29th of november.
11 Days.
So i'd say that they they are fast.

Now there is the waiting time for liban post to call.

#421 December 10 2014

khanem

well my order arrived on 27 november to beyrouth and still no call from liban post or even any tracking.

#422 December 11 2014

m.sabra

I had an order shipped with yanwen  and another with a similar company called WS, tracking on libanpost website won't be available, the tracking info on their site isn't so accurate,but i received both orders,shipping time is similar to chinapost times.

#423 December 11 2014

thegodfatherdany

Hello. If i ordered a keychain and hat( ~10$) from aliexpress, will i be obliged to pay customs or not? And do they still deliver to the your doorstep and they did before or should we head to LibanPost and get the items? If yes, what branch of Liban Post should we head to ?

#424 December 11 2014

m.sabra

thegodfatherdany wrote:

Hello. If i ordered a keychain and hat( ~10$) from aliexpress, will i be obliged to pay customs or not? And do they still deliver to the your doorstep and they did before or should we head to LibanPost and get the items? If yes, what branch of Liban Post should we head to ?

For any parcel with an estimated price under 200,000 lebanese pound you won't pay any customs or taxes.
And the last few orders didn't get delivered to my house,instead libanpost called and asked me to pick the parcels up from the closest libanpost branch to my house.

#425 December 13 2014

NuclearVision

Guys have you ever stumbled upon a fake deal/ fake seller?
I made a purchase, it was a product that cost 10$ but other sellers selling for 30-60$.
Well i didn't realize until noe that the seller had no feedback at all and i was the only one ordering from him, order status is awaiting shipment since 2-3 days. I got no message from seller, unlike other purchases.
So watch out, 10$ is worth taking a shot, don't buy expensive stuff from seller with no feedback!

Board footer