LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 September 18 2013

Nemesis-301

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Game Thread

@maulader I don't know why you think that but the purpose of GTA isn't killing random people, I mean sure you CAN do it, but the game has a story and missions, just like any other game...and if you had played the missions of san andreas or gta 4 you will see the goal of the game...

edit: look at the review of gta 4 on gamespot it says "Superb character-driven story" and it got the "great story" trophy
http://www.gamespot.com/grand-theft-aut … w-6202100/

Last edited by Nemesis-301 (September 18 2013)

#52 September 18 2013

maulader

@Nemesis I have played the storyline in previous versions, but it was always meh to me and everyone I knew who played it finished the storyline and had no clue what it was about as well. I've never played GTA 4 though due to my lack of interest seeing as how older versions behaved.

#53 September 18 2013

xterm

maulader wrote:

I'm asking this seeing as this game has a lot of fuss around it and to check if it's worth my money as I'm originally no mafia games fan.
in short: Will this game change my mind?

That makes two of us. I had GTA IV didn't quite enjoy it, or didn't have the patience for it.

I just got GTA V. I'll let you know how it goes.

#54 September 18 2013

maulader

xterm wrote:
maulader wrote:

I'm asking this seeing as this game has a lot of fuss around it and to check if it's worth my money as I'm originally no mafia games fan.

That makes two of us. I had GTA IV didn't quite enjoy it, or didn't have the patience for it.

Haha. Glad someone understands me, I expected to get bashed around for making that statement.
I'm not in rush by the way. Going to be awhile till PC versions gets released.

#55 September 18 2013

MMM1999

Just played GTA V, No spoilers , It is Awesome! Again , not perfecto and 10/10 awesome, more like a 9/10 or so. A great game

#56 September 18 2013

kareem_nasser

xterm wrote:
maulader wrote:

Same here, please give us a brief review. GTAIV was pretty boring to me.

#57 September 19 2013

MMM1999

kareem_nasser wrote:
xterm wrote:
maulader wrote:

Same here, please give us a brief review. GTAIV was pretty boring to me.

Uptil the 1.6% of the game ( Lol) , the game is pretty good. it took a lot of the aspects of Red Dead Redemption concerning cover mechanics. The graphics are great, NOT perfect. The cars are sweet when you ride your first car, and the ability to change between characters is a very nice feature. Mugging people of the street is more realistic, and punches seem more that Mohammad Ali punch kick kick punch, you can see that he is an inexperienced black guy ( Franklin) who doesn't know a thing, and only wants the money. Pretty nice game so far.

#58 September 19 2013

chosen2k

Anyone knows if Nino got the game for ps3?

#59 September 19 2013

xterm

chosen2k wrote:

Anyone knows if Nino got the game for ps3?

He did, 77$.

#60 September 22 2013

Aly

Just finished the Story mode (without the freaks, strangers and assasinations which I am not really intrested in completing) and all I can say the scenario is outstanding,  best thing I have ever played.

#61 September 24 2013

xterm

Would anyone like to buy the PS3 game for 50$, obviously, still brand new used only *1* day?

@maulader @kareem_nasser,

As you can see, I didn't enjoy the game much. I believe the style of this game is simply not my style. The graphics are decent, the driving is pretty cool and simple, but the movement is too heavy for me. I like fast response movements, but GTA is not that kind of game. Keep in mind that this is relative and you may love the game, but what I feel i must say is that if you didn't enjoy GTA IV and its style, you will definitely NOT enjoy GTA V because honestly, for me, its just better graphics. (The additional mini-activities are cute, but nothing more, just cute)

#62 September 24 2013

chosen2k

Hey xterm, I think you need to play the game to at least get to your first heist (In case you didn't) and then let it go.

#63 September 28 2013

Jna17

Hey guys
I bought 2 copies of the game for xbox so far and both didnt work. I get that both disc 1 and 2 are unreadable. Anyone has the same problem or solutions? Any recomended place to buy the game from? Thanks

#64 September 28 2013

AvoK95

Jna17 wrote:

Hey guys
I bought 2 copies of the game for xbox so far and both didnt work. I get that both disc 1 and 2 are unreadable. Anyone has the same problem or solutions? Any recomended place to buy the game from? Thanks

Pirated?

#65 September 28 2013

ballad

Jna17 wrote:

Hey guys

go to nino and take your xbox with you

#66 September 28 2013

Jna17

Yes pirated
Where is nino?

#67 September 28 2013

samer
Admin

Jna17 wrote:

Yes pirated
Where is nino?

http://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6148

#68 September 28 2013

Jna17

Thanks

#69 September 28 2013

kareem_nasser

xterm wrote:

Would anyone like to buy the PS3 game for 50$, obviously, still brand new used only *1* day?

@maulader @kareem_nasser,

As you can see, I didn't enjoy the game much. I believe the style of this game is simply not my style. The graphics are decent, the driving is pretty cool and simple, but the movement is too heavy for me. I like fast response movements, but GTA is not that kind of game. Keep in mind that this is relative and you may love the game, but what I feel i must say is that if you didn't enjoy GTA IV and its style, you will definitely NOT enjoy GTA V because honestly, for me, its just better graphics. (The additional mini-activities are cute, but nothing more, just cute)

Thanks for the quick review. I did actually play it on my friend's Xbox 360 but only for fun, so no missions or side missions. I dont care about graphics much but it is definitely a step over GTAIV. Also if i want to buy it, then the reason is for the online component because I didnt buy the PS3 for nothing.

#70 October 9 2013

ezzet

For those of you who want someone to play with online,
Psn ID: EzzetSs , looking forward to actually being able to play with people!

#71 October 15 2013

ramy58

I'm available to play online : ID : ramy58
Ok so I lost my blimp dlc paper, can anyone give a code to me because he doesn't care about it ? I know probably no one is going to just give it to me, because let's face it, that blimp looks cool, but if anyone would give it, that'd be really really cool.

#72 June 10 2014

Aly

This game is coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One in Fall 2014 :)
Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/a … ion-4-Xbox

#73 June 10 2014

ballad

Aly wrote:

This game is coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One in Fall 2014 :)
Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/a … ion-4-Xbox

hoping it will be a respectable port on PC because the xbox 360 version is atrocious

#74 June 11 2014

ramy58

I hope they include mods in the PC version.

#75 November 8 2014

Johnaudi

PS4 and XBox One version coming November 18.

Anyone as excited as I am? It's coming with First-Person view as well!

Board footer