LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 September 15 2013

Ahmad90

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Game Thread

Price tag at shadi najjar is 60$ .
You can check it out on his facebook page "shadi najjar store"
Just called najjar, he changed his mind and went up to 85$, better get it from nino.

Last edited by Ahmad90 (September 17 2013)

#27 September 16 2013

kareem_nasser

For PS3 at Nino Games: 77 USD (?)

#28 September 16 2013

Just got it on xbox from st elie Game center !

#29 September 16 2013

Nemesis-301

GTA 5 scored 100 in more than 10 reviews and the rest are in 90's:
for ps3:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat … ic-reviews

edit: and here's for the xbox:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360 … eft-auto-v

Last edited by Nemesis-301 (September 16 2013)

#30 September 17 2013

Aly

This game is wow! the storyline, cut-scenes, missions, mechanism, environment are outstanding even though I dont like playing such games on console but this one got me hooked, cant wait to see it on PC :)

#31 September 17 2013

d3ad

So can I rent out a PS3? or do i have to pay 350$ to play GTA 5?

#32 September 17 2013

ramy58

I have it! Installing right now.
Plus they give a real map of the map (I know it sounds stupid)

#33 September 17 2013

nas93

can anyone tell me where exactly can I get it for X360?

#34 September 17 2013

MMM1999

nas93 wrote:

The Legit Copy: Nino for 77 USD
The non-LEgit Copy, also known as "M3addale" : Nino , Naja, and soon all game stores! I can burn it for you , if it is modded of course

Last edited by MMM1999 (September 17 2013)

#35 September 17 2013

Nemesis-301

to the guys who are playing it, how does the story start? is it similar to the previous ones like vice city, san andreas and gta 4 where you start with no money and a bat or a pistol and your first few missions is to drive around, beat some guy...and then they get tougher and tougher and you make your way to the top?

#36 September 17 2013

nas93

MMM1999 wrote:
nas93 wrote:

The non-LEgit Copy, also known as "M3addale" : Nino , Naja, and soon all game stores! I can burn it for you , if it is modded of course

Does nino have the Legit version right now? Tried calling him but no avail

#37 September 17 2013

Nemesis-301

the petition now has more than 400000 signatures!

#38 September 17 2013

MMM1999

nas93 wrote:
MMM1999 wrote:
nas93 wrote:

Does nino have the Legit version right now? Tried calling him but no avail

Yes he does. 4 of my friends already got copies

#39 September 17 2013

WaficLawand

Nemesis-301 wrote:

Guys if the petition reaches 500,000 people will rockstar be obliged to make a pc version?

#40 September 17 2013

d3ad

WaficLawand wrote:
Nemesis-301 wrote:

Guys if the petition reaches 500,000 people will rockstar be obliged to make a pc version?

I highly doubt they would care one way or the other

#41 September 17 2013

maulader

Petition or No petition, I've been told by online gamers from europe that their stores started with the pre-orders for PC version.
I believe this is just a marketing approach for consoles and that PC version has been planned all along. However it won't be anytime soon.

#42 September 17 2013

Aly

Nemesis-301 wrote:

to the guys who are playing it, how does the story start? is it similar to the previous ones like vice city, san andreas and gta 4 where you start with no money and a bat or a pistol and your first few missions is to drive around, beat some guy...and then they get tougher and tougher and you make your way to the top?

No, the game starts 9 years before the actual game time, from Michael and Lester's past they were robbing a bank, you will have to shoot your way out, escape the cops etc ... then the game starts in actual time with Franklin as a poor dude with no weapons, but very soon he will acquire guns and meet Michael who at this time is a retired rich dude with a fancy house and cars.
Enough for now I wont spoil it for you, but trust me the storyline is like nothing you played before, its very fun and entertaining so far :)

#43 September 18 2013

MegaCool

So, guys who play on PC, are you actually willing to pay Rockstar the full price for the game and actually support your platform of choice? Or is it because you can easily nab it for free?

I don't usually care about people who get pirated games, but I think GTA V is one of those titles that non should pirate. I don't know if it's a moral thing or whatever, but quite frankly I believe stealing this game is strictly unethical. I don't know about any of you here, so my judgement might be a little impaired. To make myself clear, I'm not stereotyping PC gamers or anything here, just hoping to hear from you all what it is that makes you want a PC version of Grand Theft Auto V? (Obviously aside from the sweet graphics and limitless possibilities thanks to the modding community).

#44 September 18 2013

maulader

@MegaCool
The only true parts of what you said are the stereotype thing, the graphics and the modding.
There are many titles that are console exclusive and I just wish they were on PC. The division is a game that got reveled at E3 and was console exclusive and now it's going to be on PC as well, does that mean it's because I want to nab for free? No dude, I just can't play on a console for more then 30 mins without getting bored. I'm simply a PC person just like many others. There's many people that I know who as myself dislike consoles however are buying them simply for GTA 5. As you can see these PC gamers are spending over 300$ to play a game, and are still waiting for PC release. What's a lousy [60$?] compared to 300$+.

Last edited by maulader (September 18 2013)

#45 September 18 2013

MegaCool

maulader wrote:

@MegaCool
As you can see these PC gamers are spending over 300$ to play a game, and are still waiting for PC release. What's a lousy [60$?] compared to 300$+.

I'm very glad that you brought this up. This is what confuses me most about PC gamers; you're fine when it comes to shelling out ridiculous amount of cash on a piece of hardware, but buying games is a big no-no. Yes, I'm not a fan of this. It just give the developers a reason big enough to ignore making games for the PC, or just enforcing abysmal, unwanted DRM policies.

Again, I'm not stereotyping, because I hate when someone do that. Also I'm very much aware of the fact that the PC community is huge -- and above that it just keeps getting better; to the point that one day you might see all console gamers switching to the PC. Why is that? Because it's a far superior platform, obviously, notwithstanding its many flaws.

Rockstar will release GTA V on PC, it will happen. Actually it should.

Last edited by MegaCool (September 18 2013)

#46 September 18 2013

maulader

MegaCool wrote:

I'm very glad that you brought this up. This is what confuses me most about PC gamers; you're fine when it comes to shelling out ridiculous amount of cash on a piece of hardware, but buying games is a big no-no. Yes, I'm not a fan of this. It just give the developers a reason big enough to ignore making games for the PC, or just enforcing abysmal, unwanted DRM policies.

It's not that simple. I personally always used pirated games until a few years ago, I rarely get pirated stuff these days and that's only when I can't afford it or if it were for testing purposes since a lot of stuff come with either no trials or just cheap trial versions.
So who said about being fine on putting big amounts of money of hardware but not on games? I still don't get where you're getting that from. I wouldn't blame you for thinking that however, it's how it is in Lebanon mostly and how most around us do it simply because it's "perfectly legal" to sell pirated stuff here. Our market has near 0 demand on original copies of PC games, due to our psychology of "why pay 60$ when you can get it for 1$?" - very few understand the concept of supporting the Devs.

You are generalizing too much, not all PC games are like that.

to the point that one day you might see all console gamers switching to the PC. Why is that? Because it's a far superior platform, obviously, notwithstanding its many flaws.

If only that were true. Doesn't make sense from a marketing point of view. They might switch older titles, but that is it.

Last edited by maulader (September 18 2013)

#47 September 18 2013

eurybaric

@Megacool I'm definitely shelving 60$ (or around that I hope) and buying the game legit. I do understand your question, and I do sometimes get non-legit games. But with some games, and sometimes with some publishers/developers, there's no way im pirating the game. R* is definitely one of them, as well as Bohemia Interactive (ArmA series), and any honest-to-god indie publisher's game that I like.

On the other hand, some publishers... I bought SimCity 5 for 60$ and I feel like a stupid dumbass *grrrr*

And that's what I do :)

Oh and btw, I think the better internet connections and better digital distribution services (Steam) make it more and more appealing to not pirate.

#48 September 18 2013

Nemesis-301

@megacool hmmm where do i even start? you know the way you talk is kinda like implying that only pc gamers have pirated games and consoles don't? xbox is very much pirated more than the pc, every xbox owner I know always buys pirated games and has never bought an original. And as for ps3, you do know the only reason everyone buys the original is because there is no pirated games for it...If there were, nobody would buy the originals....it would happen the same thing as it did with the ps2...everyone buying copies for 2$-3$

Last edited by Nemesis-301 (September 18 2013)

#49 September 18 2013

MegaCool

I should make myself clear, I'm not pointing fingers here, I know most of you are aware of the whole "support the developer and buy a legit copy" thing, which is pretty cool. I'm not against PC gamers, in fact, my main platform of choice is the PC.

Piracy is pretty common even on consoles, I agree. But on PC things can get pretty scary sometimes -- but that's beside the point.

All I wanted to know from you all, if you read my first comment carefully, was the reason why GTA V on PC is so important, and whether you'd buy it even though grabbing a cracked version would be a cake walk.

Last edited by MegaCool (September 18 2013)

#50 September 18 2013

maulader

MegaCool wrote:

All I wanted to know from you all, if you read my first comment carefully, was the reason why GTA V on PC is so important, and whether you'd buy it even though grabbing a cracked version would be a cake walk.

It's about controlling the game with a keyboard and mouse and not a gamepad. Personally, PC just gives me a better feeling of control, and it has always been the platform of my choice due to that. Plus the ability to multi-task.
Another thing is that I already have a PC and don't want to buy a console strictly for one game - i.e. already put large amounts of money on hardware, can't afford more. Unlike what you mentioned earlier about PC gamers not caring how much money they put on hardware however they pirate stuff, doesn't always apply. PC is not only for gaming as for consoles in my eyes are, so there's many things to consider.

ON topic:
I'm no GTA fan, never was. I have played GTA 2-3, vice city, san andrias for many hours each however never got a feel to it as I saw the game simply being of 1 guy holding weapons and killing people randomly with no goal whatsoever. However with games being much more evolved now, my question is: has GTA evolved as well? is the storyline more involved now then in prior versions? is there more to it now then killing random people and hoarding lots of money?
I'm asking this seeing as this game has a lot of fuss around it and to check if it's worth my money as I'm originally no mafia games fan.
in short: Will this game change my mind?

Board footer