LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 January 16 2015

nosense

Re: Feedback for Cyberia

vegetaleb wrote:

Is Cyberia blocking torrents?
I have problems downloading torrents that have 3000 seeds with a 5kb/s download speed while it was in the 440kb/s 2 months ago!

torrents are fine for me , no block or slowness

#152 January 29 2015

Johnaudi

Went to Cyberia's headquarters to switch to a 4M plan, they told me they are changing lines etc, so some of you might experience random disconnections.

#153 January 30 2015

DG

What do you mean by 'changing lines' ? Are they actually replacing the physical phone lines connecting users to central offices ?

#154 January 30 2015

Johnaudi

DG wrote:

What do you mean by 'changing lines' ? Are they actually replacing the physical phone lines connecting users to central offices ?

Didn't understand her by what she said, but it was along the lines of "There has been heavy work in Cyberia lately concerning phone lines, I would suggest you wait 2 days to see if you'd be able to upgrade to 6M instead of your 4M limit."

#155 February 4 2015

ch-b

how good is the ping with cyberia? while gaming.

#156 February 7 2015

ch-b wrote:

I'm having 91ping in Battlefield 4 which is fine
my Advise is to take from Ogero because Im actually having problems with Cyberia
Since last year internet Upgrade from 1Mbps to 2Mbps and lower the prices
Cyberia didn't upgrade the bandwith ; this company still provide me 1Mbps while my Account is 2Mbps and I'm trapped

#157 February 8 2015

ch-b

313 wrote:
ch-b wrote:

I'm having 91ping in Battlefield 4 which is fine
my Advise is to take from Ogero because Im actually having problems with Cyberia
Since last year internet Upgrade from 1Mbps to 2Mbps and lower the prices
Cyberia didn't upgrade the bandwith ; this company still provide me 1Mbps while my Account is 2Mbps and I'm trapped

I have the 4 mb/50gb plan and i am having no problem downloading or anything everything is fast,But i am having high ping in online gaming like between 108-140.

#158 February 8 2015

Johnaudi

You need to call them and apply for the "Gaming Pool" (it's free) - this will give you a priority ping (I used to reach up about 120ms now I can get 44ms on Google), this will also give you some kind of "Fake Static IP" (support's words, not mine) which will give you access to host game servers with your connection ms removing the Router Behind NAT issues.

#159 February 8 2015

ch-b

I already called them and now i am in the "Gaming pool" server but still not stable like sometimes i get 100-108 and sometimes 120-140 not stable at all even if there's no one using internet.

#160 February 8 2015

ch-b wrote:

I already called them and now i am in the "Gaming pool" server but still not stable like sometimes i get 100-108 and sometimes 120-140 not stable at all even if there's no one using internet.

If your pc is connected to the router through wireless this is the problem
Else if it is connected through lan try to disconnect all devices connected to your router ( some automatic sync or updates are done even if the device is on standby)

If the problem persists check your phone cable it can be damaged

#161 February 8 2015

ch-b

I checked everything nothing is damaged and i disconnect all my devices still nothing..I play sometimes 105 ping stable like in the morning and after a couple of hours when i want to play again my ping get to 130.

#162 February 12 2015

samerelk

Dear ch-b, can you post your ADSL Modem line stats? And if you need the steps to do so, i am ready to explain you how to do so.

#163 March 12 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Torrent downloads max download speed i at 250kb/s since yesterday, whatever torrent file I try, it looks like Cyberia is capping the torrent download speed :(

#164 April 7 2015

GreenM

Cyberia just sent me an SMS saying that starting next month the unlimited night feature will become a paid service.

#165 April 12 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Are they counting night downloads already?
I wonder how I downloaded 5gb in 3 days while all my big download are after 11pm

#166 May 3 2015

Johnaudi

Is a 90-140ms considered good for gaming? (I get that in CS:GO)

#167 May 3 2015

NAM

Johnaudi wrote:

Is a 90-140ms considered good for gaming? (I get that in CS:GO)

i think anything less than 100ms is fine for competitive, but for fun up to 140ms is fine
above 140ms is a grey area .. today in a net i played csgo (arms race) on 180ms .. i never saw the opposite team .. always head-shoted before i see the other guy :S

#168 May 4 2015

ironman

Exactly NAM, maximum for CSGO is 130 - 140, more than that, you won't survive

#169 May 4 2015

nosense

anyone feels like cyberia is fucking with us ? the quota this month is skyrocketing , I don't know how I used 8179.10 MB in 4 days and I am subscribed to free nights

Last edited by nosense (May 4 2015)

#170 May 4 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Dunno, they never give details.
I had lot of dead internet periods yesterday and today, perhaps they are still installing the new system

#171 May 5 2015

nosense

So now I woke up and first thing I checked is the quota and it is 11500 MB!!!  no way that happened from 7am to 8am cyberia is stealing quota.  I called them and the guy told me they disabled free night,  so I told him I know and I am subscribed to the service,  so after 5 6 minutes on hold he told me they will fix it and get back to me

#172 May 5 2015

nosense

Fixed!  quota back to 3320 MB

#173 May 9 2015

nosense

speed to half and ping to 300 after 11

#174 May 23 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Damn!
Cyberia did it again even with the extra 3$ :(
Torrents downloads are capped to 120kb/s Max even with torrents that have 2500 seeders
Yesterday I could reach 400kb/s but tonight Cyberia decided to kill it to 1/4 of the speed.
Let's send Trevor teach them to stop mocking us and steal us

#175 May 23 2015

NuclearVision

Cyberia is bad nowadays used to be among the best!
I mean even in the day it feels like dial up.

Board footer