LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#351 March 15 2016

silo_m8

Re: Post your rig

Stygmata wrote:
silo_m8 wrote:
Stygmata wrote:

it is very important to check you facebook and twitter on 4K TV .. it is very crucial to see the duck faces and stupid posts in the most clearer possible way

One could argue that a social media marketing company would benefit immensely from the added real estate (4 windows per screen, 24 windows total). In the age of data harvesting, social media sites are basically a stock exchange, where marketers have to be on top of the trends to better infiltrate the audience.

Just my 2 cents

I did not argue against larger screen ..but higher higher definition ( 4K )
even a simple 1000$ rig can run 4 TVs in 720p

Higher resolution = more real Estate
A 4k 55inch tv will behave somewhat like 4 full hd 23inch monitors stuck together.
One input vs 4 inputs, i feel the 4k is a better solution

#352 March 15 2016

Ngel

MrClass wrote:
Ngel wrote:
MrClass wrote:

Ill be using a macpro for my setup. Dual D700's to drive 6 55" 4K Tvs. Wish me luck guys. The setup will be used to monitor social media

I would never invest a $ on a Mac pc... I would never recommend it either :/

Give me a technical reason

And there is no such thing as a mac pc. It's either mac or pc :)

you are right... my mistake for even considering a Mac as a computer ;)

man its a complete rip off, for lower performance, flexibilty and modifications will be nearly impossible, and repairs will cost a fortune. anyway, its a huge debate and i have no dog in this fight, but what I always recommend, for personal or professional work, is a good old PC, price and performance wise.

the only reason i would get an OSX, is for my mother. granted, it is way simpler and easier to navigate. but that's it.

the technical reason is simple enough. i want to add an extra GPU, without going through the hassle of a thunderbolt expansion and the extra cost it gets me.

#353 March 15 2016

Ngel

silo_m8 wrote:
Stygmata wrote:

it is very important to check you facebook and twitter on 4K TV .. it is very crucial to see the duck faces and stupid posts in the most clearer possible way

One could argue that a social media marketing company would benefit immensely from the added real estate (4 windows per screen, 24 windows total). In the age of data harvesting, social media sites are basically a stock exchange, where marketers have to be on top of the trends to better infiltrate the audience.

Just my 2 cents

I think you and stygmata are both pointing at the thing ^.^ yes, social media is like stock exchange now, but he was making fun of needing to see the screens at higher resolution for absolutely no reason

#354 March 15 2016

Tech Guru

@Ngel

-May you take a side window screen-shot of your case, I have the similar case it is awesome with big window , need to your cable management , led light from close.

-Actually , Dircet x12 allows multiple GPUs configurations  from different vendors in the same system,

http://wccftech.com/microsoft-confirms- … gurations/

Zl80NQg.jpg

Outside of DirectX 12 applications, you won't be able to use the two together. In fact at this point, Ashes of the Singularity is the only game which currently supports EMA, it's the only title that'll recognise both cards and use them. Down the road, support will widen, but we don't know how many games will make use of EMA yet.

Also, New PC software from Stardock spotted to combine NVIDIA and AMD as new NVIDIA drivers result in crash

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/new-pc-softwa … sh-1508587

#355 March 15 2016

Ngel

Tech Guru wrote:

@Ngel

-May you take a side window screen-shot of your case, I have the similar case it is awesome with big window , need to your cable management , led light from close.

Nl9BFjq.jpg

there u go

#356 March 15 2016

Tech Guru

@

What are the fans type mate - you removed the back 140mm right and what you put instead of it - I have put mt T81 on top of the desk and added another 200mm in the top +  a custom led strip 12 v + a NZXT Led Strip.

Hqa4r59.jpg

Xt8tuae.jpg

IKUUo6H.jpg

#357 March 15 2016

Ngel

Thermaltake silent fans mate ^^ they come with a LED  lighting... so no LED strips added to the case
1x 140mm on the bottom
one on the back, 2 230mm on top, and 2 230mm on the front ^^
oh, and the liquid cooling is below the 2 fans on the top side.

i will soon remove the bottom fan and install another radiator and Liquid cooler for the GPU's

#358 March 15 2016

Tech Guru

@Ngel

From where did you get such fans I was checking PC&Parts and Macrotronics - Plz give the link or address of the shop you get them from and their exact name/series. The ThermalTake High Static Pressure Fans - Riig edition RGB or one Led Light are awesome , but no availability in Lebanon.

#359 March 15 2016

Ngel

Tech Guru wrote:

@Ngel

From where did you get such fans I was checking PC&Parts and Macrotronics - Plz give the link or address of the shop you get them from and their exact name/series. The ThermalTake High Static Pressure Fans - Riig edition RGB or one Led Light are awesome , but no availability in Lebanon.

Euhmmm i buy them from GCS in sarba. huge pc store, mostly have everything... he have all dimmensions, from the smallest 80mm to the 230mm. Since i do alot of Aftermarket and Custom case work, i oftenly go restock in bulk  they look extremly cool inside the case, save the hassle of a led strip, and are really efficient ^.^

#360 May 14 2016

PowerPC

has been a while since i posted here.
Anyway i changed cases recently, and upgraded to a 6700K and dual 980's.

Although the 980's will be sold soon to make way for a 1080.

edit: images don't seem to load from my dropbox or onedrive account..

Last edited by PowerPC (May 14 2016)

#361 May 14 2016

Ngel

PowerPC wrote:

has been a while since i posted here.
Anyway i changed cases recently, and upgraded to a 6700K and dual 980's.

Although the 980's will be sold soon to make way for a 1080.

edit: images don't seem to load from my dropbox or onedrive account..

Go for imgur. i always do and it never let me down

#362 May 15 2016

PowerPC

Good suggestion Ngel..

Here are a couple of (bad) pics:

CdxX7GT.jpg

UqXJIgb.jpg

I'll try to upload some more with better lightning when i get the 1080.
Plan is to do a full custom loop this year as well.

#363 May 15 2016

EzikMezik

@PowerPC Nice setup :o, mind telling me what fans are those?

#364 May 15 2016

Die_Kapitan

EzikMezik wrote:

ThermalFake Riings, they're Corsair SP/AF120 knock-offs with LEDs instead of the colored band.

#365 May 15 2016

PowerPC

Die_Kapitan wrote:
EzikMezik wrote:

ThermalFake Riings, they're Corsair SP/AF120 knock-offs with LEDs instead of the colored band.

This isn't really a fair description, coming from someone who owned both corsair and tt fans.

For starters, this is a 140 model. In corsairs range if you want an SP 140, you'll have to get their LED version. What they don't tell you is that the LED version is less performant (uses different motor/lower quality components) than the non-LED (120) version. you can check Anandtech for more info. So if you're going for 140 fans, you're better off not getting the corsair one.

Secondly, switching from SP120's to tt's, i didn't find any increase in temps or noise, so not sure why you think they're corsair knock offs.

I'm not a fan of tt in general, but they got it right with that fan.

Last edited by PowerPC (May 15 2016)

#366 May 15 2016

EzikMezik

PowerPC wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:
EzikMezik wrote:

This isn't really a fair description, coming from someone who owned both corsair and tt fans.

For starters, this is a 140 model. In corsairs range if you want an SP 140, you'll have to get their LED version. What they don't tell you is that the LED version is less performant (uses different motor/lower quality components) than the non-LED (120) version. you can check Anandtech for more info. So if you're going for 140 fans, you're better off not getting the corsair one.

Secondly, switching from SP120's to tt's, i didn't find any increase in temps or noise, so not sure why you think they're corsair knock offs.

I see, thanks for the info ^^

#367 May 15 2016

Die_Kapitan

PowerPC wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:
EzikMezik wrote:

I'm not saying it's a bad fan, I'm just saying that ThermalFake "borrowed" the design from Corsair, they look too damn similar.

If you want good fans, go with Noctua, NF-A14 PWM if you want quiet fans (and don't care about the poop brown) or NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000/3000 PWM if you don't care about noise or if you have a case with sound dampening material (or if you care about the looks, after all they're PWM so you can lower the RPM). Cryorig, Phanteks and be quiet! also make damn good fans (as in better than Corsair and Tt but slightly worse than Noctua fans) but for considerably cheaper (for a fan that is). Corsair fans are only popular because they're Corsair.

#368 May 15 2016

EzikMezik

Die_Kapitan wrote:
PowerPC wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:

I'm not saying it's a bad fan, I'm just saying that ThermalFake "borrowed" the design from Corsair, they look too damn similar.

If you want good fans, go with Noctua, NF-A14 PWM if you want quiet fans (and don't care about the poop brown) or NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000/3000 PWM if you don't care about noise or if you have a case with sound dampening material (or if you care about the looks, after all they're PWM so you can lower the RPM). Cryorig, Phanteks and be quiet! also make damn good fans (as in better than Corsair and Tt but slightly worse than Noctua fans) but for considerably cheaper (for a fan that is). Corsair fans are only popular because they're Corsair.

All these fans you mentioned are great, however not all of them are available here, and I dont really wanna go through the hassle of shipping just for fans. Currently have the NZXT fn v2 fans from PCandParts, they are a bit too loud imo but they get the job done, planning to swap them for some better fans, maybe when the 1080 comes out I'll buy them all together.

#369 May 15 2016

Die_Kapitan

You can buy from Europe, slightly higher prices but you'll save a good amount on shipping and some retailers ship directly to Lebanon so you don't need to use Shop & Ship or Borderlinx.

#370 May 15 2016

bermudapineapple

That looks very nice, PowerPC. I would get it as high off that carpet as possible if it were mine, however. You're basically asking for clogged fans otherwise.

#371 May 16 2016

PowerPC

tt400 wrote:

That looks very nice, PowerPC. I would get it as high off that carpet as possible if it were mine, however. You're basically asking for clogged fans otherwise.

Carpet is of the thin kind, so it's not causing too much trouble at the moment, and dust filters are everywhere on phanteks case. That plus i don't have much space on my desk!
I do clean it every few weeks though.

took off one of the 980's yesterday as i'm selling it on ebay, it looks kinds empty without sli now :(

#372 May 16 2016

Tech Guru

@PowerPC.

Neat Setup.

What Are Your Desktop Specs?
Yes , more detailed / clearer pictures are better.
Time to upgrade (Graphically) sure , But I will wait for the 1080ti (ETA Q1 2017) not the 1080 ( 16GB of HBM 2.0 are even more future proof compared to GDDR5x.

#373 May 16 2016

PowerPC

@Tech Guru

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.5
Mobo: Asus ROG Z170 Hero
Case: Phanteks evolv ATX aluminum
GPU: 2X980 msi gaming
PSU: Corsair 760
Monitor: 1440p 27 inch

yes of course the 1080ti will be quite the card. I might sell the 1080 at that point to upgrade if it provides 4K gaming on a single card. But i've read that the yields and costs of HBM might delay that card to second half 2017.

#374 June 23 2016

sayedti

my rig
http://imgur.com/ghz2l0h
its not my first build but its my first gaming rig .
specs:
Cougar MX310 Mid Tower Case
Thermaltake Smart SE SPS-630M 630W PSU
Intel Skylake i5-6500 3.20GHz- 6M/LGA1151 Original Boxed CPU
MSI B150A GAMING PRO (DDR4) USB 3.1 (LGA1151)
Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133 (PC4-17000) KVR21N15D8/8
Asus STRIX-GTX950-DC2OC-2GD5-GAMING GeForce GTX 950 2GB DDR5 PCIe

and i had an old 500 gb wd blue hdd and old sony odd
screen:LG 22M37A Wide 22" LED Full HD Monitor
i dont have a gaming keyboard or mouse looking to buy them soon  and also looking to buy a gaming headset
sound: 5.1 speakers sytem i dont remember the brand neither the model

Last edited by sayedti (June 23 2016)

#375 June 24 2016

Tech Guru

sayedti wrote:

its not my first build but its my first gaming rig .
specs:
Cougar MX310 Mid Tower Case
Thermaltake Smart SE SPS-630M 630W PSU
Intel Skylake i5-6500 3.20GHz- 6M/LGA1151 Original Boxed CPU
MSI B150A GAMING PRO (DDR4) USB 3.1 (LGA1151)
Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133 (PC4-17000) KVR21N15D8/8
Asus STRIX-GTX950-DC2OC-2GD5-GAMING GeForce GTX 950 2GB DDR5 PCIe

and i had an old 500 gb wd blue hdd and old sony odd
screen:LG 22M37A Wide 22" LED Full HD Monitor
i dont have a gaming keyboard or mouse looking to buy them soon  and also looking to buy a gaming headset
sound: 5.1 speakers sytem i dont remember the brand neither the model

Bro Is that the Cable Management of PC&Parts - What do you think of the Cable Management is it tidy & clean.

Board footer