LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 July 2 2012

ballad

Re: Dota 2 - Game Thread

jojoleb wrote:

Hi guys i got an invite yesterday.

i got an email from steam that i'm invited and now basically its been added to my steam account.
now of course i will do the download at night since its free quota

i started it yesterday but it was really slow for some reason (i'm on 8 Mb connection )

so hopefully it will finish tonight.
is it worth it and is there anything i need to know ? i played old dota on wc3 for a few months and i play RTS like sc2 .

thx !!

why you are getting invites guys?

#27 July 2 2012

jojoleb

i think i registered on the site on dota2.com and suddenly i get an email and its in my steam account
there are 2 games one dota2 and one dota 2 test

but maybe it was another site i'm not sure honestly

#28 July 6 2012

jasmar82

I used to play dota 1 for over 6 years, and got really excited when i got my dota 2 invite, after downloading...epic disappointment. the graphics are blurry, after i adjusted the rendering quality, it's still not that much better, it's not blurry anymore, but i just can't seem to get used to the looks of it.
It's like it's very zoomed out, i can never tell which hero is which without clicking on it, and don't understand anything in battles.
i just played 2 games, maybe i need to give it some more time....
But in my opinion, if the game is good you don't need to get used to it to enjoy it, you should just enjoy it from the moment you start.

#29 July 6 2012

WizaRd

I agree at first the game looks very disappointing but it really grows on you!

They redesigned the whole system from what I can see and it's much, much more convenient how you can buy items now by just typing a part of the name or by right-clicking and it gathers the components for you.

Give it few more tries, it deserves it ;)

#30 July 6 2012

Ngel

Heyy!!

I have received my invite a week ago... downloaded fine through Steam client.
I am a DoTa player since version 5, stoped around 6.4x, played LoL then went for HoN. i must say, HoN graphic-wise and Gameplay experience is truly nice... specially graphics!
LoL is much more diverse, but the gameplay killed me! way too slow :S
After i ran DoTa 2, the interface was quite nice... went into my first game, was REALLY glad to find most of Dota heroes already, but was kind of disapointed with gameplay/graphics... gameplay was closer to Lol, and graphics where abit too... 'normal'
Although! they have a new system, every game u play, u have a chance to win some kind of custumization item for a random hero i.e: helm for Sven

its still Beta... even WoW in beta was crappy... lets hope for the best!

#31 July 6 2012

rtp

People before you complain about the graphics of Dota 2 please play at least 5 games and then come and complain!

#32 July 6 2012

zheavy
Banned

rtp wrote:

People before you complain about the graphics of Dota 2 please play at least 5 games and then come and complain!

the graphics are fine and great, but outdated, this game should have been released 4 years ago, not in 2013, no matter how many games i play i stand by my statement, the interface is also adopted from other games and outdated, i see nothing original in the game besides the new sounds which are great.

#33 July 7 2012

Al0ushka

73514426.jpg

LONE DRUID (Sylla bear) is just IMBA once you've reached core items for him and his bear...

#34 July 7 2012

Jinx

Every Hero is IMBA when you've reached core items and especially if you're feeded

#35 July 7 2012

Ngel

rtp wrote:

i used to game before i learned how to talk....
seriously? after 2 years of work (Octobre 2012) and nothing to invent, just reproducing the original game, thats the graphics of a long waited game in 2012 ? ...
well man, I don't know about you, but i found it a bit bad... but as i recall, HoN started same way... alot of improvment were made, so i guess updating, and final release version/2.0/3.0 etc... will surely bring improvment... am sure graphics updates are on the agenda, they are just tryng the functionality of the game now...
hopes high!
Let's get it on!

#36 July 30 2012

ballad

anyone having problems finding matches
I waited 20 minutes and it didn't find any
ping is low btw
edit:It's showing Dota 2 Test in Steam

Last edited by ballad (July 30 2012)

#37 July 31 2012

MrClass

You have both Dota 2 and Dota 2 Test. Of course you have to play the Dota 2 and not the test. I play everyday, average waiting time for match making is about a minute

#38 July 31 2012

WizaRd

I'm playing also every day but its really hard to play with some random people.

I just never pick support anymore due my team's usual endless feeding :(

If anyone would like to team along, let me know via PM so we exchange steam IDs.

#39 July 31 2012

ballad

MrClass wrote:

You have both Dota 2 and Dota 2 Test. Of course you have to play the Dota 2 and not the test. I play everyday, average waiting time for match making is about a minute

you're right
I dlded it and it's working great

WizaRd wrote:

If anyone would like to team along, let me know via PM so we exchange steam IDs.

I pm'ed you

#40 July 31 2012

MrClass

add me guys, steam id: abedsalam

The only game I play on steam is Dota 2 :)

#41 July 31 2012

Ngel

You need to be careful, if people report you or you leave the game without it being safe to leave, you will get into the low priority pool, which will make your waiting time longer, wont earn you any account experience, nor get you any item at the end of the game. you get in the low priority pool for 24 hours for every game left early

And add me :) ID: mangeloc

Ngel

#42 July 31 2012

Jinx

Nice now we can play 5 on 5 
ID : MiG (same avatar)

#43 July 31 2012

WizaRd

Btw guys whats your latency in-game? mine ranges between 25-33ms.

<3 Europe!

Up for a 5v5 tonight ?

since everyone is adding their IDs, mine is: gr4vix

Last edited by WizaRd (July 31 2012)

#44 July 31 2012

geekevo

Steam id: drakor97031

#45 July 31 2012

WizaRd

Whats your id, rtp?

#46 July 31 2012

rtp

WizaRd wrote:

Whats your id, rtp?

rtp or vigor113

#47 July 31 2012

WizaRd

you have dota on both or are they linked :o ?

#48 July 31 2012

rtp

WizaRd wrote:

you have dota on both or are they linked :o ?

they are the same.

#49 July 31 2012

az09za90za

rtp wrote:

hopefully mig wont go with bs then we are screwed! ^_^

ill play sf !

#50 July 31 2012

MrClass

just witnessed MiG playing sand king; not impressed MiG

Lots of feeding!!