LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#2326 January 26 2017

ManOwaRR

Re: Feedback for Ogero

my line handles 8mb fine , i used that with terranet for 3-4years , however when i switched to ogero   they said my line can't handle  more than 4mb  , after big wasta and fucking minds  , they said they can try to give me 6-8mb plan , however   i'am a big downloader so i went with 2mb unlimited   

but if ogero said they will give you 8mb plan , they will , they are very stable when it comes to download/upload

#2327 January 26 2017

cnour

Louis40 wrote:

Hi,
Anyone has a 8Mb/100Gig plan from Ogero and is he getting a real 8mb..? Thinking to change from my 2mb/unlimited 75K LBP to the 8mb at around 100k LBP.. but i am hesitating if it's real 8mb or 4mb or even less i will get..I know it depends on my line if it can handle the plan, but still i just want to hear from other users their opinions if any..

I have 6-8MB/60GB and I'm getting a fixed speed of 5.9MB.

#2328 February 1 2017

Hosni

Anyone experienced what just happened? suddenly like 9 people disconnected and all ping are now higher we were 9 poeple on discord and im talking different ISP OGERO-IDM... and even the cable guy pings were 90.. now 150...

#2329 February 1 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

nothing happened here all normal speeds/ping

#2330 February 4 2017

amkahal

Hello Guys, i recently subscribed to OGERO DSL , and my modem will be installed in few days (hopefully), but i tested their connection in many houses, i suspect they are throttling many apps including IPTV, or may be a routing problem to some hosts around world, i do some download tests to many websites, some are downloading at full wire speed ~1.7 Mbps, and some at 0.5 Mbps.
So can someone confirm guys, especially for IPTV issue.

#2331 February 4 2017

Draguen

Hey, I've never encountered any website or service being throttled using ogero.

I'm a heavy user, always downloading, monitoring the max dl speed of my pc and with 3 persons using netflix daily.

(N.B: for those wondering out there, you can stream netflix  up to two tv/pc at the same time on a 2 Mb connection, evidently the quality will be affected but still watchable)

Edit: weirdly, I've noticed differences between streaming to a chromecast compared to an apple TV.

I can play battlefield 1 online while someone is streaming from an Apple TV, however when streaming using a chromecast, it sucks the whole available connection, I suspect a difference in the coding of the app regarding the  Quality of Service/ priority distribution of the bandwidth, anyway, if you have family, get an apple tv, if you're alone, get a chromecast.

Last edited by Draguen (February 4 2017)

#2332 February 4 2017

doudi

Does anyone know if i can know the username and password of my router without calling Ogero?

#2333 February 4 2017

amkahal

Thank you for your reply, just a favor, can you test your connection on internethealth.org because mine gave 0.5 mbps only, and 1.7 on testmy.net

Draguen wrote:

Hey, I've never encountered any website or service being throttled using ogero.

I'm a heavy user, always downloading, monitoring the max dl speed of my pc and with 3 persons using netflix daily.

(N.B: for those wondering out there, you can stream netflix  up to two tv/pc at the same time on a 2 Mb connection, evidently the quality will be affected but still watchable)

Edit: weirdly, I've noticed differences between streaming to a chromecast compared to an apple TV.

I can play battlefield 1 online while someone is streaming from an Apple TV, however when streaming using a chromecast, it sucks the whole available connection, I suspect a difference in the coding of the app regarding the  Quality of Service/ priority distribution of the bandwidth, anyway, if you have family, get an apple tv, if you're alone, get a chromecast.

#2334 February 4 2017

Silentcontrol

doudi wrote:

Does anyone know if i can know the username and password of my router without calling Ogero?

do you mean the routers username and pass or the dsl ones

#2335 February 4 2017

Draguen

@amkahal

internethealthtest.png

this is for internethealthtest.org, as internethealth.org doesn't open.

i live in sodeco, conected to badaro's central

#2336 February 5 2017

doudi

Silentcontrol wrote:
doudi wrote:

do you mean the routers username and pass or the dsl ones

The router's username and password that give me access to my router when i type its IP adress in my web browser.

#2337 February 5 2017

Silentcontrol

well ask ogero they have the defaults one written but the dsl username and password those are kept secret and those i can tell u how to get

#2338 February 5 2017

roudy5

Silentcontrol wrote:

well ask ogero they have the defaults one written but the dsl username and password those are kept secret and those i can tell u how to get

You mean if someone reset his modem there is a way to get the dsl credentials so he can configure it at home without going down to phoenicia ?

#2339 February 5 2017

Silentcontrol

before you u reset u can get it if you want send me a personal message

#2340 February 5 2017

random-username

Getting Timeouts every couple of minutes for 10 sec intervals. Been happening ever since I subscribed to Ogero 3 weeks ago (Mazraa Central). Anyone else experiencing this issue?

#2341 February 6 2017

roudy5

Silentcontrol wrote:

before you u reset u can get it if you want send me a personal message

Message sent.

#2342 February 7 2017

DG

Random-username something is definitely wrong at your end. Contact 1516 regarding this.

#2343 February 9 2017

DG

Is anyone with Ogero (or any ISP for that matter) experiencing problems such as high and intermittent ping lately and, more specifically, today ?

#2344 February 9 2017

roudy5

DG wrote:

Is anyone with Ogero (or any ISP for that matter) experiencing problems such as high and intermittent ping lately and, more specifically, today ?

I'm with Ogero, ping to DOTA2 EU servers is fine, 100-120 ms but experiencing packet loss yesterday played 4 games and all 4 of them had constantly 5-10% packet loss.

#2345 February 12 2017

Truepeace

roudy5 wrote:

I'm with Ogero, ping to DOTA2 EU servers is fine, 100-120 ms but experiencing packet loss yesterday played 4 games and all 4 of them had constantly 5-10% packet loss.

Same here, even at very late night (3-4am) when no one else is connected and with 90-115 ms ping to EU servers I am feeling some lag or packet loss

#2346 February 14 2017

Truepeace

Just had 180ms ping to EU after midnight, and my friend too with Ogero 200+
What's happening?? I thought they fixed the sea cable...

Last edited by Truepeace (February 14 2017)

#2347 February 14 2017

DG

@Truepeace, believe me I wish I knew what was going on lately. That is, if the problem was truly related to a sea cable and they were not making this up. Seems like we are going backwards instead of moving forward as we were promised.

#2348 February 14 2017

chosen2k

I think something is going to happen at the end of feb, new packages new prices. So maybe that's the reason ?

#2349 February 14 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

nothing happening here at ras Beirut so don't know

#2350 February 14 2017

Ramnesia

What I am really seeing these couple of days in achrafieh is a decrease in ping. Overwatch went from 70 100 range  to 59, 62 ms ping.

Board footer