LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#2276 January 3 2017

Doom

Re: Feedback for Ogero

roudy5 wrote:

Guys can i turn interleaving off safely ? i don't know what is as high number of errors and what's not..
FEC Errors (Up/Down):    7 / 131.174
CRC Errors (Up/Down):    7 / 1
HEC Errors (Up/Down):    5.397 / 1

Whats your uptime and line attenuation?

#2277 January 3 2017

roudy5

Doom wrote:

Uptime:    1 day, 14:41:14
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    11,5 / 19,0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):    11 / 206.339
CRC Errors (Up/Down):    11 / 4
HEC Errors (Up/Down):    5.409 / 4

#2278 January 3 2017

Doom

roudy5 wrote:
Doom wrote:

Uptime:    1 day, 14:41:14
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    11,5 / 19,0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):    11 / 206.339
CRC Errors (Up/Down):    11 / 4
HEC Errors (Up/Down):    5.409 / 4

Your line attenuation is goos but theres alot of FECs which is weird,restart your router and tell me these stats again after a couple of hours.

#2279 January 3 2017

roudy5

Doom wrote:

Your line attenuation is goos but theres alot of FECs which is weird,restart your router and tell me these stats again after a couple of hours.

Alright will do, thanks!

#2280 January 3 2017

haidcar

@user Thanks for the speed tests and latency test.

looks like our ping to europe will be around 50ms, was hoping for something in the 40s. but IMEWE cable is very long with many stops, and we are connected to alexandria. if it was direct to cable to france latency would be in  the 40s

#2281 January 3 2017

user

I am a bit disappointed as well. I was told in Dubai the latency was like 30. I guess I was either lied to or they have more direct routes than we do

#2282 January 3 2017

nas93

haidcar wrote:

@user Thanks for the speed tests and latency test.

looks like our ping to europe will be around 50ms, was hoping for something in the 40s. but IMEWE cable is very long with many stops, and we are connected to alexandria. if it was direct to cable to france latency would be in  the 40s

Are your estimates based on some random companys fiber? 50ms sounds like a dream to me.

#2283 January 3 2017

user

Our distance to Marseille is around 4000 KM, assuming packets travel at lets say 150 000 km/s(half the speed of light, because in theory it should be the same speed since it is fiber but on the other hand you can't really reach 100% that speed since they refract and things are not perfect) it should have been very doable to have 30 ms (or rather 27) but it is taking twice that. I wish I had it at home, and I wish it were unlimited at work (it's not, the company has to pay per GB currently) but that's how Lebanon is, just teasing and ripping people off.

#2284 January 3 2017

haidcar

@user ping is RRT so its round trip. our distance to Marseille is around 4000KM. speed of light in vacuum is 0.005ms per KM, so around 20ms. add 1ms response time delay from the server. we  end up with 41ms. ogero is fiber is still 11ms more.

Do you know if you are using VDSL or direct fiber?

#2285 January 3 2017

user

Oh it has to go and come back, I thought latency was some udp fire and forget thing. Shouldn't that make most gaming half that latency since in gaming it is mostly fire and forget? In that case it is pretty good then for a round trip.

And no, I have no clue what the underlying tech is, we get it from the building that get it from ogero, we buy from middlemen who sell us by the GB+base fees (even though ogero gives unlimited to fiber, provided you pay 200$ for each 2mbps) and they have their own crazy useless setups, like we are now on fiber because their original connection broke down, they normally proxy us through Ireland and the US for some unknown useless propaganda reason, finally their proxies messed up so we can have a couple of weeks of awesome.

Last edited by user (January 3 2017)

#2286 January 3 2017

roudy5

@Doom My internet was disconnected from 7 pm till now.. but i took a screenshot of the errors before disconnecting:
Uptime:    0 days, 3:23:46
FEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 30.542
CRC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down):    5.414 / 0

After the disconnection the FEC went way high..
Uptime:    0 days, 0:06:12
FEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 417

The high number of errors has to do with the disconnection ?
(P.S i'm using a thomson tg585 v7 router, 5 yrs old)

#2287 January 4 2017

Doom

roudy5 wrote:

@Doom My internet was disconnected from 7 pm till now.. but i took a screenshot of the errors before disconnecting:
Uptime:    0 days, 3:23:46
FEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 30.542

After the disconnection the FEC went way high..
Uptime:    0 days, 0:06:12
FEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 417

The high number of errors has to do with the disconnection ?
(P.S i'm using a thomson tg585 v7 router, 5 yrs old)

I'm using the same router and I have higher line attenuation but much lower errors.
Those errors are not normal for your line attenuation, there's probably too much noise in your line.Check each phone in your house for a filter,try changing the router position if it's close to a tv?or change the cable? Experiment, if none works ,keep interleaving on.

#2288 January 4 2017

chosen2k

aboulfouf wrote:

Does Ogero have an option for online gaming, because COD is NAT: strict most of the times when i play on the PS4?

DMZ the IP of the PS4 in the router.

#2289 January 4 2017

aboulfouf

chosen2k wrote:
aboulfouf wrote:

Does Ogero have an option for online gaming, because COD is NAT: strict most of the times when i play on the PS4?

DMZ worked and the NAT is open now.
Thanks chosen2k.

#2290 January 4 2017

roudy5

Doom wrote:

I'm using the same router and I have higher line attenuation but much lower errors.
Those errors are not normal for your line attenuation, there's probably too much noise in your line.Check each phone in your house for a filter,try changing the router position if it's close to a tv?or change the cable? Experiment, if none works ,keep interleaving on.

Alright man thanks a lot, the router is on my desktop case very close to the pc monitor, will experiment as u said.

#2291 January 7 2017

aboulfouf

aboulfouf wrote:
chosen2k wrote:
aboulfouf wrote:

DMZ worked and the NAT is open now.
Thanks chosen2k.

It worked for a couple of days and now it is back to strict, does anyone know how to check FEC errors on cisco linksys x3000, i couldn't find them

#2292 January 7 2017

roudy5

aboulfouf wrote:

It worked for a couple of days and now it is back to strict, does anyone know how to check FEC errors on cisco linksys x3000, i couldn't find them

According to google searches this router model doesn't show these DSL information, but there is a software that establishes a SSH or telnet connection to the router then use commands to show the details, the software is called putty.
Anyway i never had any cisco router so someone with this model can help u more than i can.

#2293 January 14 2017

elserge82

For my x3500, I usually put in a browser the following link  "modem ip/DSL_status.htm" something like that. You will get your snr and stats but not sure regarding FEC

Last edited by elserge82 (January 14 2017)

#2294 January 14 2017

user

It is absolute shit today in Jounieh. Extremely frequent time outs, in fact, more failures than successes, I can't even browse the internet properly.

#2295 January 14 2017

andy1123

user wrote:

It is absolute shit today in Jounieh. Extremely frequent time outs, in fact, more failures than successes, I can't even browse the internet properly.

yeah same....

#2296 January 15 2017

ramy58

My internet simply isn't working today. I live in Beirut, close to Mar Elias. Anybody else has the same problem ? This happened to me 2 weeks ago, and it finally worked the next day. Would calling ogero do anything ?

#2297 January 15 2017

roudy5

i'm not having any problems here in jdeideh

#2298 January 16 2017

user

ramy58 wrote:

My internet simply isn't working today. I live in Beirut, close to Mar Elias. Anybody else has the same problem ? This happened to me 2 weeks ago, and it finally worked the next day. Would calling ogero do anything ?

I guess we all had the same problems saturday/sunday mornings. ANd I highly doubt calling the support does anything. They are all just clueless idiots hired by wasta... You'd have more luck arguing the recording machine then the employees...

Last edited by user (January 16 2017)

#2299 January 16 2017

DG

Ping with Ogero doubled a few hours ago with some timeouts... | guess you can count me in on the problems.

#2300 January 16 2017

Raficoo

Everything normal in Saida.

Board footer