LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#201 May 29 2012

Kareem

Re: Feedback for Ogero

I'm thinking of something... Let's say I've exceeded the limit by 40GB ( my case now ) and they charge me for only 8GB out of 40... how can I make sure they are not robbing me ?  I mean either Ogero will not charge for any additional consumption at all or we will have to accept any amount of extra charge set by the ISP... That is really confusing since I cannot verify nor control my consumption since May 1.

#202 May 29 2012

toxict51

yes the same happens to me but iam not in 40GB:P i used up abt 7GB more still on 4GB free monthly usage...
anyways if this ISP is trying to rob us well they will lose loads of customers.
I mean last week they said they were refreshing the databse and still the same thing.... 3 days left for june 1 :@

#203 May 31 2012

moba

They still need at least one more month to update their database

#204 May 31 2012

Mahmoud Brk

120000 LL extra consumption isn't bad! :S  Let's wait for two weeks and see what the bill will be.

#205 June 6 2012

moba

Day 6:
your total usage since last session read : 6.7 GB
6.7 out of 10 gb
What about you guys?

#206 June 6 2012

wasborn

something strange ,2 days ago they didn't count my night downloads and it was like 2.560 mb but today my quota usage is 5.258 !!!!!

#207 June 6 2012

xazbrat

Your total usage since last session read : 10.45 GB
Current Download Usage : 9173 MB (9.173 GB)
Current Upload Usage : 1277 MB (1.277 GB)

They haven't updated their system obviously to account for the nightly activity, nor have they fixed the 100 meg billing implements.

#208 June 6 2012

Rodster

well the bill came today it was 24000 over consumption so about 4GB..... i don't now if they were due to downloading after midnight or i just over did it......i should have checked the online system on day 31

#209 June 7 2012

Raficoo

Check it out guys!
157eyxj.jpg
finally!

#210 June 7 2012

wasborn

and it looks fair also

#211 June 7 2012

Rodster

Raficoo wrote:

Check it out guys!
http://i47.tinypic.com/157eyxj.jpg
finally!

so what i understand from this picture is that you used 3gb from your allowed quota and 3gb after midnight right?

#212 June 7 2012

Raficoo

Rodster wrote:
Raficoo wrote:

Check it out guys!
http://i47.tinypic.com/157eyxj.jpg
finally!

so what i understand from this picture is that you used 3gb from your allowed quota and 3gb after midnight right?

seems so

#213 June 7 2012

Kassem

Check this out:
jgqwdk.png

Apparently, Ogero owes me $$ :)

#214 June 7 2012

babum

Kassem wrote:

Check this out:
http://i48.tinypic.com/jgqwdk.png

Apparently, Ogero owes me $$ :)

hahahahahaha! Let me know how that turns out hahaha.

#215 June 7 2012

moba

Guys prepare yourselves for the slow down connection from now on.

#216 June 7 2012

xazbrat

moba wrote:

Guys prepare yourselves for the slow down connection from now on.

Unless it's from a yet to be determined FUP, so far, there has been no slowdown for most of us.  My torrents are downloading at around 100 kBps which is actually a bit faster than the speed during the other times.

It just seems that unlike the other ISP's, it seems that Ogero has the ability to handle the 'unlimited' period.

#217 June 8 2012

moba

Ok i did some test to see if it's totally free. I didnt use the internet during the day. After midnight i watched a movie and now went to check on the website i noticed that 500 mb added after midnight and about 250 mb added For the usage accounted. So whatever you do after midnight they take half of it and add it to the usage accounted?

#218 June 13 2012

moba

Ogero database is still not accurate at all. Sometimes the mb that i use after midnight is added to the wrong column

#219 June 14 2012

john

i have 2MB plan, was below 20%  of free consumption couple days ago.
Today was surprise to see that i exceeded the limit buy 16GB.

"You have exceeded your Allowed Free Usage volume of 20 GB by -16658.432 MB (OR -16.268 GB)
Your extra consumption charge is 600 L.L."

That's like 30Gb in 2 days added that i didn't use.

And weirdest is if i exceed buy 16GB why the charge is only 600LL.
More to add that the speed the last 2 days was more terrible then ever and noway i would have used 30GB not even 1 GB.

#220 June 14 2012

Raficoo

Don't worry, you didn't actually exceed your limit, there's a bug on Ogero's billing system, that when your total(Unlimited + normal) usage is above the limited amount given(4/10/20)GBs the system does this equation: Excess = Accounted usage - allowed usage and for some reason it tells you the extra comsumption charge is 600L.L

the same thing has happened to me, my friends, and other Ogero users. Since your accounted(7am-midnight) usage is less than 20gb, so that's why it gives you a negative number(-16.268). In reality this means you still have 16.268GB to use outside the unlimited download time.

Hope I made sense :)

#221 June 15 2012

Raficoo

Well, the bill for May came out today, and it looks like the minister and Ogero kept their words

on May 31 I checked my usage and my excess payment was about ~120,000L.L, but today I checked the bill and my excess to pay is 24,000 L.L :)

for the first time ever I pay less for the excess than I do for the connection

#222 June 15 2012

john

ye thank you Raficoo.

#223 July 2 2012

Fernand

Hello ogero dudes
How's the unlimited-after-midnight option going?
Are there any sorts of limitations? How many GBs are you able to download without a hassle?
How's your latency been as of late?
Thanks

#224 July 2 2012

moba

It's great man but ogero database is messing up. Sometimes the after 12 used mb is added to the usage accounted. And the date of last session information read is soooooo late

#225 July 2 2012

Fernand

How many GBs are you downloading at night?
Are you paying what Ogero is adding to your balance by mistake?

Board footer