LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1976 July 26 2016

tiny fx

Re: Feedback for Ogero

anayman_k7 wrote:
tiny fx wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

Hey, it is important to mention the location of the server you used to test your connection, because if it is 60ms to Beirut it should be considered a bad result, as for 8mbps ping, I only had 1 experience where I had an IDM 1mbps with ~110ms ping to Germany (Battlefield 4 servers) but at work I had a Wise 8mbps that used to give me around 70ms, I'm not sure if this related to the bandwidth or maybe Wise connection was better at that time, anyway, with bigger bandwidth you will be safer if a brother/sister decided to check Facebook while you are in a critical in-game moment and you lag -> die -> rage.

I'm not sure where the server was, I think it's Cyprus by default, but I can connect to german bf4 servers with around 70-85ms. Eu overwatch servers 90ms. are you saying that upgrading my speed won't improve it? if so what do you suggest I do in order to get better results? Play on 4g? get another isp?

I can't give you any suggestion before some other users give us some information, we need someone with Ogero 8mbps to give you feedback about latency in BF4 and Overwatch servers, personally I use 3G as backup with 2.5GB in a UShare plan with some friends, In case someone is using the ADSL (2mbps IDM) I tend to use 3G but it is not that stable, sometimes when electricity switches it might disconnect, it depends on the area you living in, but for now just wait for another users feedback

I did ask another user, and he reported a 25-30ms drop at least. we also both live in the hamra area. I think I'm going to try upgrading for a month and see the result

#1977 July 28 2016

m_zeid

Hello all I'm subscribed with the unlimited plan.

Does anyone know if Ogero are blocking port 80 or http/https traffic? and if blocking vpn traffic?
What about ftp ports?

I'm having hard times making this working out, while every other service/port are working seamlessly.

Regards

#1978 July 28 2016

Kazouza

Hey guys, is anyone having issues with his unlimited plan? For some reason a few days ago my SNR and speed dropped significantly from 15-21db and 2000kbps to 4-7db and 600-900kbps. I've tried everything from disconnecting all phones or changing the phone cable etc and nothing seem to have worked. I'm connected to the Bikfaya central.

Already contacted ogero and I'm waiting for their technician but I thought I'd check if there's anyone with the same issue while I wait.

#1979 August 14 2016

xazbrat

Anyone having issues with Ogero--lost connection at 10:10 (according to last use on website) last night and the connection light is blinking steadily---I called Ogero to report the fault, but of course, they don't work on Sundays.

#1980 August 14 2016

MohZz

Hello there :)

I have a question for you guys:

I'm currently subscribed with IDM ISP with 2Mbps plan, my current max speed I reach is ~190KB/s (not often as well).
I've already tried their unlimited plan but it's not reliable at all and never reach 100+KB/s (at 2Mbps unlimited).

My question is I want to check if Ogero's DSL unlimited plan is reliable and functions at full (intended) speed (at least as often, like 90+% of the time).
So, what do you think guys? should I transfer to Ogero?

P.S.
I use my connection for gaming often, so reliability and having steady ping with not much fluctuations is important to me. :)

Thanks in advance for any replies ^_^

#1981 August 14 2016

Doom

MohZz wrote:

Hello there :)

I have a question for you guys:

I'm currently subscribed with IDM ISP with 2Mbps plan, my current max speed I reach is ~190KB/s (not often as well).
I've already tried their unlimited plan but it's not reliable at all and never reach 100+KB/s (at 2Mbps unlimited).

My question is I want to check if Ogero's DSL unlimited plan is reliable and functions at full (intended) speed (at least as often, like 90+% of the time).
So, what do you think guys? should I transfer to Ogero?

P.S.
I use my connection for gaming often, so reliability and having steady ping with not much fluctuations is important to me. :)

Thanks in advance for any replies ^_^

If you check previous posts,most(if not everyone)says that its very reliable.No fup,low ping and functions 100% of the time.unless you are really far from the central.

#1982 August 14 2016

MohZz

Thanks for the reply Doom :)

Yeah I checked some of the replies before, but my question was about the unlimited plan specifically if it stays reliable or become like IDM trash connections?

Last edited by MohZz (August 14 2016)

#1983 August 14 2016

Doom

MohZz wrote:

Thanks for the reply Doom :)

Yeah I checked some of the replies before, but my question was about the unlimited plan specifically if it stays reliable or become like IDM trash connections?

Yes! I was talking about the unlimited plan.

#1984 August 14 2016

MohZz

Doom wrote:

Oh! okay thanks! my bad

Do you know if you can talk them into giving a 4Mbps unlimited plan? :)

#1985 August 14 2016

Doom

MohZz wrote:
Doom wrote:

Oh! okay thanks! my bad

Do you know if you can talk them into giving a 4Mbps unlimited plan? :)

Probably with a Wasta ;P
Anyways,there should be new internet plans coming soon.

Last edited by Doom (August 14 2016)

#1986 August 14 2016

MohZz

Doom wrote:

Probably with a Wasta
Anyways,there should be new internet plans coming soon.

Yeah most probably. That's why I'm not rushing it for the time being.

I don't know though if we'll hear anything for now, at least not untill the new year hit in. (I guess)

Anyways, thanks for your replies.

#1987 September 1 2016

hkbazzi

Anyone getting drops in connection?

#1988 September 1 2016

Ahmad Toutounji

yes

#1989 September 1 2016

Salah

yes aswell

#1990 September 1 2016

Ahmad Toutounji

there was drop at 8:20 maybe for 5minutes then all was running normal

#1991 September 1 2016

dav

hkbazzi wrote:

Anyone getting drops in connection?

nothing here

#1992 September 1 2016

Nightwing113

Hi,
I will be moving soon to Ras Beirut, as I have read Ogero is the most reliable ISP.
I am willing to get the 2mbps unlimited plan, my main question is how much time does it take until they get me the connection up and running ?
on the phone they told my friend that getting a landline takes 1 month, then DSL takes 3 months ?!!
if it is so, what choices do I have ? I need the internet immediately after I move  ( even If I do need to change into ogero later and take some temporary subscription ) any advice please ?

#1993 September 12 2016

OdeToDeath

Hey guys , I want to switch off Interleaving on my line , would my line support it without having packet loss  ? And also , who should I contact ?

Line stats :
DSL Type
ADSL_2plus
DSL Mode
Interleaved
Maximum Line rate
1.12 Mbps  14.24 Mbps
Line Rate
0.51 Mbps  2.04 Mbps

Output Power
12.1 dBm  19.5 dBm
Line Attenuation
23.5 dB  23.5 dB
Noise Margin
23.1 dB  17.3 dB

i'm on the 2 Mbps Unlimited plan , and i live very near from the centrale around corniche el mazraa ( less than 1KM )

Thanks in advance

#1994 September 13 2016

DG

You need to post other data such as FEC/HEC/CRC errors and the time the modem has been running.

#1995 September 13 2016

OdeToDeath

I actually have a MediaAccess TG582n v2  with the 14.4 scarlet firmware . FEC/HEC/CRC errors are not showing on the gateway page ( 192.168.1.1 ) , I also tried RouterStats , but it looks like it can't access it through telnet . Is there any other possible way to obtain those stats ?

Last edited by OdeToDeath (September 13 2016)

#1996 September 14 2016

Truepeace

Guys, if I wanna stop my terranet subscription in order to move to ogero, will I still be able to use my uncle's ogero connection on my line?

#1997 September 16 2016

A.L

hello everyone,
I have a quick question,
If i reset my ogero router ( its TP-Link) would it still work if i just reconfigure it the regular way or is there any restriction done from Ogero?
Thank you.

#1998 September 16 2016

hkbazzi

Guys, I didnt pay my bill this month, when will ogero stop my line? I cant pay it until the beginning of next month. Anyone?

Last edited by hkbazzi (September 16 2016)

#1999 September 17 2016

DG

@Odetodeath,

Sorry I don't have the same modem. Perhaps someone with the same brand/model number can help.

#2000 September 17 2016

cnour

Guys,

I have the following problem with Ogero wifi effective today morning: I cannot acccess the log in page of Apple. No problem with the 3G connection (alfa). I tried on my iPhone, iPad and Mac with several browsers and always the same problem, the browser cannot load the page. Can someone please try with Ogero wifi and let me know?

Thanks,

Board footer