LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1951 July 9 2016

TheIlluminative

Re: Feedback for Ogero

gamer4life wrote:

Sounds great, thanks for the good news everyone :)

Good to see you again here ;)

#1952 July 9 2016

dav

TheIlluminative wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

Sounds great, thanks for the good news everyone :)

Good to see you again here ;)

lol welcomee!!

#1953 July 9 2016

Tech Guru

Geeks,

How Can I monitor my Ogero DSL monthly consumption during anytime in the month & before payment. Is there a 3rd party application I can install from Ogero or a regular Ogero Website login. Where I shall Log In & whart cardinalities shall I input.

Iam currently on a 6-8Mbps /60GB Limited Plan but each month Iam paying ~ 250,000 LL sure over capacity therefore need to monitor my consumption.

Thank You

#1954 July 9 2016

dav

Tech Guru wrote:

Geeks,

How Can I monitor my Ogero DSL monthly consumption during anytime in the month & before payment. Is there a 3rd party application I can install from Ogero or a regular Ogero Website login. Where I shall Log In & whart cardinalities shall I input.

Iam currently on a 6-8Mbps /60GB Limited Plan but each month Iam paying ~ 250,000 LL sure over capacity therefore need to monitor my consumption.

Thank You

well, go to www.ogero.gov.lb and login with your phone number for username and dsl L number for password... after logging in you can check your bills as well as dsl consumption

#1955 July 10 2016

Techlover

Guys,
i've been having bad ping lately with ogero 2mbps dsl. It was resolved by a simple reset from ogero .So for people who are having a high ping , call ogero support and ask for a reset., it'll probably solve the problem.

Last edited by Techlover (July 10 2016)

#1956 July 11 2016

Tech Guru

Geeks ,

I have configured my New Asus DSL -N55U-C1 ADSL Modem Router (Asus N600)  at Ogero today , brilliant coverage and speeds :). I am trying to enter the configuration screen through: http://192.168.1.1/ , when I can prompted the Log In / Authentication  Screen , a User Name and Password are needed I am putting the default ones in both : admin admin , did Ogero while configuring the N600 changed them !

#1957 July 11 2016

Silentcontrol

they probably did

#1958 July 11 2016

dav

try to login with same credentials as the old router... if they did not work call 1515 and ask them

#1959 July 14 2016

Salah

Hey guys,

I looked through this thread to see who it is that i'm supposed to email/contact to turn off interleaving but could not find anything. So bringing it back up in hopes that someone still has that contact information somewhere, would greatly appreciate it.

#1960 July 14 2016

dav

Salah wrote:

Hey guys,

I looked through this thread to see who it is that i'm supposed to email/contact to turn off interleaving but could not find anything. So bringing it back up in hopes that someone still has that contact information somewhere, would greatly appreciate it.

nrifai@ogero.gov.lb god bless this guy

#1961 July 14 2016

Salah

thanks dav

#1962 July 14 2016

Codename47

Hello,
Anyone experiencing very high pings lately (last 2 days) reaching 750 ms
I did a reset, any ideas ?

#1963 July 14 2016

Raficoo

Codename47 wrote:

Hello,
Anyone experiencing very high pings lately (last 2 days) reaching 750 ms
I did a reset, any ideas ?

Any specific application/game that you get such high pings? Nothing out of the ordinary at my place.

#1964 July 15 2016

DG

Yes codename, I play wow and my latency has doubled since the end of June.
Did a trace route and it seems I am being rerouted to the US then back to Europe.

#1965 July 18 2016

Tech Guru

I am witnessing some speed drops when I configured my ASUS N600 ADSL Modem Router at Ogero , the previous Modem Router with OGERO default one (Thomson) - When I use  "speedtest.net" the download bandwidth is not crossing the 2.4 Mbps at most (random tests at 1 am where the network congestion is lower and modem directly linked to the desktop  via LAN cable  I am not using a WLAN for testing ) PING around 35 ms, on the previous Router (which was very mediocre compared to the new N600) it used to tip 6-7 Mbps. On the upside, coverage and no sudden discounts are perfect till now.   

My Ogero Plan is:

6 to 8 Mbps    60 GB

Any Suggestions , did they miss-configure the router

#1966 July 18 2016

dav

Tech Guru wrote:

I am witnessing some speed drops when I configured my ASUS N600 ADSL Modem Router at Ogero , the previous Modem Router with OGERO default one (Thomson) - When I use  "speedtest.net" the download bandwidth is not crossing the 2.4 Mbps at most (random tests at 1 am where the network congestion is lower and modem directly linked to the desktop  via LAN cable  I am not using a WLAN for testing ) PING around 35 ms, on the previous Router (which was very mediocre compared to the new N600) it used to tip 6-7 Mbps. On the upside, coverage and no sudden discounts are perfect till now.   

My Ogero Plan is:

6 to 8 Mbps    60 GB

try to disable igmp snooping and alg firewalls...i once had these drops but since i disabled igmp snoop and firewall everything is going well...

#1967 July 18 2016

Tech Guru

dav wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

My Ogero Plan is:

6 to 8 Mbps    60 GB

try to disable igmp snooping and alg firewalls...i once had these drops but since i disabled igmp snoop and firewall everything is going well...

How Shall I do that mate

#1968 July 22 2016

mazendia

Hey,

Apprently in my building we don't have an ogero box, "adamo talab" but apparently they didn't give it to them or they stopped caring or something (we moved in not long ago). Does anyone know someone i can talk to to see if they are going to give us the box? Can nrifai@ogero.gov.lb help me or is there no point in talking to him?

#1969 July 22 2016

dav

Tech Guru wrote:
dav wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

My Ogero Plan is:

6 to 8 Mbps    60 GB

How Shall I do that mate

lan advanced settings

#1970 July 26 2016

tiny fx

I'm currently on ogero's 2mb unlimited plan and get about 61 ms on speed test, and about 90ms while gaming. Location: Hamra.
I'm thinking of upgrading my internet to 8mb+ or 6-8 incase its the max they can give me. What kind of ping can I expect then?

#1971 July 26 2016

MonarchyS

Hello,
Bandwidth (8mb+) and latency (61ms) are two different measurements. Your download/upload speed may increase with the upgraded plan, but I believe your latency would more or less remain the same.

#1972 July 26 2016

tiny fx

MonarchyS wrote:

Hello,
Bandwidth (8mb+) and latency (61ms) are two different measurements. Your download/upload speed may increase with the upgraded plan, but I believe your latency would more or less remain the same.

yes, I know they are two different measurements, but I assumed with an upgrade in quality, maybe ping will improve somehow?
I have been told it does differ by about 20-30ms but I am not sure, that is why I am asking.

#1973 July 26 2016

anayman_k7

Hey, it is important to mention the location of the server you used to test your connection, because if it is 60ms to Beirut it should be considered a bad result, as for 8mbps ping, I only had 1 experience where I had an IDM 1mbps with ~110ms ping to Germany (Battlefield 4 servers) but at work I had a Wise 8mbps that used to give me around 70ms, I'm not sure if this related to the bandwidth or maybe Wise connection was better at that time, anyway, with bigger bandwidth you will be safer if a brother/sister decided to check Facebook while you are in a critical in-game moment and you lag -> die -> rage.

#1974 July 26 2016

tiny fx

anayman_k7 wrote:

Hey, it is important to mention the location of the server you used to test your connection, because if it is 60ms to Beirut it should be considered a bad result, as for 8mbps ping, I only had 1 experience where I had an IDM 1mbps with ~110ms ping to Germany (Battlefield 4 servers) but at work I had a Wise 8mbps that used to give me around 70ms, I'm not sure if this related to the bandwidth or maybe Wise connection was better at that time, anyway, with bigger bandwidth you will be safer if a brother/sister decided to check Facebook while you are in a critical in-game moment and you lag -> die -> rage.

I'm not sure where the server was, I think it's Cyprus by default, but I can connect to german bf4 servers with around 70-85ms. Eu overwatch servers 90ms. are you saying that upgrading my speed won't improve it? if so what do you suggest I do in order to get better results? Play on 4g? get another isp?

Last edited by tiny fx (July 26 2016)

#1975 July 26 2016

anayman_k7

tiny fx wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

I'm not sure where the server was, I think it's Cyprus by default, but I can connect to german bf4 servers with around 70-85ms. Eu overwatch servers 90ms. are you saying that upgrading my speed won't improve it? if so what do you suggest I do in order to get better results? Play on 4g? get another isp?

I can't give you any suggestion before some other users give us some information, we need someone with Ogero 8mbps to give you feedback about latency in BF4 and Overwatch servers, personally I use 3G as backup with 2.5GB in a UShare plan with some friends, In case someone is using the ADSL (2mbps IDM) I tend to use 3G but it is not that stable, sometimes when electricity switches it might disconnect, it depends on the area you living in, but for now just wait for another users feedback

Board footer