LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1926 July 1 2016

xazbrat

Re: Feedback for Ogero

kingindanorf wrote:

Guys, I visited Ogero a week ago to upgrade my package from 40GB 2MB to Unlimited 2MB, I got it done and they said the new service will be active at the start of this month.

I logged in today and the quota is restarted as usual but it's still 40 f*cking GB limited, what kind of f*cking service/support does this so called ISP have?
I need the new package urgently this month, anything I can do?

Relax--takes a few days to see it.  If it doesn't show up by the end of eid, then get a hold of them.

#1927 July 1 2016

kingindanorf

xazbrat wrote:

Relax--takes a few days to see it.

Thing is they already restarted my quota, so it went from "your DSL information will be available soon" to "you've used x/40GB", I don't think they'll just change the package mid-month.

xazbrat wrote:

If it doesn't show up by the end of eid, then get a hold of them.

Last time I got hold of them I was asking why can't I access my router admin page, the guy (from support) replied "saraha hek maba3ref" so I doubt he'll "ya3ref" this time.

Anw thanks man, I'll just wait.

#1928 July 1 2016

az09za90za

kingindanorf wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

Thing is they already restarted my quota, so it went from "your DSL information will be available soon" to "you've used x/40GB", I don't think they'll just change the package mid-month.

xazbrat wrote:

Last time I got hold of them I was asking why can't I access my router admin page, the guy (from support) replied "saraha hek maba3ref" so I doubt he'll "ya3ref" this time.

i had the same thing last month , it took 5 days to change from 4mb/50gb to 2mb/unlimited , you're now on unlimited package regardless of your current speed , i had 4mb unlimited for 5 days .

#1929 July 1 2016

Kazouza

kingindanorf wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

xazbrat wrote:

Just wait a few days and it should update on it's own.

#1930 July 3 2016

ELIES

can someone tell me please if it is possible to have 1 mbps upload instead of 0.5 mbps upload from OGERO ?

any package has this max upload (0.5 mbps).

thank u

#1931 July 3 2016

DG

@Elies, I might be mistaken but I remember reading that the max upload speed for Ogero's DSL is 512kbps.

#1932 July 3 2016

eido

hi guys, hope you're fine.

i ve been having high pings lately,, sudden ones on my router. after checking the stats i noticed that the snr is pretty low (8,4) .
is there a way to increase snr? should i call ogero?

#1933 July 4 2016

Ngel

you're going to need a cleaner line, regarding the snr.
Check the quality of it from your router to the phone box in your building/house. if it's clean, then it's up to ogero

#1934 July 4 2016

Silentcontrol

DG wrote:

@Elies, I might be mistaken but I remember reading that the max upload speed for Ogero's DSL is 512kbps.

You are not mistaken it is true

#1935 July 4 2016

eido

ok
one more question.
as an update. upon checking the snr this morning, i noticed that it is now around 13 dbi.
is that even normal? to have different values between day and night?

#1936 July 4 2016

Ngel

yes, it seems normal.
I got the same face when i first noticed it on my line, but apparently its normal and has to do with the load on the lines/central

#1937 July 4 2016

anayman_k7

What is the ADSL modem you are using?

#1938 July 4 2016

dav

i noticed from my experience that tplink TD-W8961 and TD-W8951 are the best at syncing... you can get a TD-W8951ND, detach the wireless antenna, and use it as a modem wired to your preferred wireless router...

edit: if you are using one of these modems... then you're probably getting the best sync on your line...and maybe you will have to downgrade your speed..

Last edited by dav (July 4 2016)

#1939 July 4 2016

eido

im using Linksys X1000
http://www.linksys.com/nz/p/P-X1000/

#1940 July 4 2016

eido

i had one of those tp links but then i replaced it coz it got old and started disconnecting too much. so i got the linksys which cost me almost 60$

#1941 July 5 2016

anayman_k7

I'm an IDM user, I used to have a cheap technicolor modem and suffer from low SNR (around 7 to 9 db at night), I managed to increase it up to 30db by changing the protocol used to communicate, in my case I logged in to the modem using Telnet and managed to change the protocol to another with lower downstream rate, in your case choose a protocol with at least 8mbps as downstream, reducing the overall line designated capacity will increase the signal quality
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetri … _standards

#1942 July 5 2016

mickzster

I've had OGERO DSL service for over 4 months now, and I've never had an issue regarding ping/latency.
However, I'm now facing an issue where ping is VERY bad.
If I ping google using cmd (when not ingame), I get stable and good ping like usual. However as soon as I join a server, abnormal ping shows up (10k-15k ms). As soon as, I exit the game, normal ping shows up again.

I've contacted dumb OGERO company, and the stupid guy said "t2akkad men wasletak", I told him I tried plugging my laptop into the DSL using ethernet but didn't get lucky, he still said "t2akkad men wasletak" and hung up the phone IMMEDIATELY. Thank you for your support OGERO.

Has anyone of you guys had this issue before ?

#1943 July 5 2016

DG

What game are you referring to ?
My latency is fine everywhere except WoW (I play on a European server) but apparently a lot of WoW subscribers also started facing this issue around the end of June.

#1944 July 9 2016

Teksniper

I just got Ogero DSL , and they installed a TP-LINK router, Im trying to enter the gateway using user/user or admin/admin but nothing is working, it keeps telling me password is incorrect, any suggestions??

#1945 July 9 2016

gamer4life

Hello everyone, I just canceled my subscription with IDM and I'm going with ogero 2M unlimited. I'm curious about downloading torrents with this package, so does they throttle the connection when downloading torrents? If not what is the transfer rate I should expect when downloading?

#1946 July 9 2016

dav

Teksniper wrote:

I just got Ogero DSL , and they installed a TP-LINK router, Im trying to enter the gateway using user/user or admin/admin but nothing is working, it keeps telling me password is incorrect, any suggestions??

wait until monday and call 1515... tell them your dsl L number and they will give you the router's credentials

#1947 July 9 2016

dav

gamer4life wrote:

Hello everyone, I just canceled my subscription with IDM and I'm going with ogero 2M unlimited. I'm curious about downloading torrents with this package, so does they throttle the connection when downloading torrents? If not what is the transfer rate I should expect when downloading?

it depends on the seeding and availability of the torrent... (max speeds around 221-225KB/s)

#1948 July 9 2016

dav

gamer4life wrote:

no throttling even if you download 300GB/month

#1949 July 9 2016

Raficoo

gamer4life wrote:

No they don't throttle at all, now for the speed I guess it may vary a bit between user to user depending on the line quality but when downloading torrents I get about 200-210KB/s on average.

#1950 July 9 2016

gamer4life

Sounds great, thanks for the good news everyone :)

Board footer