LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1901 June 13 2016

Doom

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Not down here in Saida.

#1902 June 13 2016

xazbrat

Not down for me either, and hate being a contrarian, but I have actually noticed an improvement over the last week or so. The frequent disconnects are gone and it seems much more stable than before.

#1903 June 13 2016

Makaveli84

It was fixed around 4 PM. I called 1516 at noon and they said maintenance blah blah...
Overall, I'm happy with it (2Mbps, Unlimited). However, this maintenance downtime is occurring every couple of weeks or so. Not too bad, I guess.

#1904 June 14 2016

dav

I noticed a small decrease in ping to 77.42.253.xx from usually 37-38ms to 33-34ms today i don't know if this is related to "their maintenance"... however hope we'll get improvements finally!?

#1905 June 14 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

dav wrote:

I noticed a small decrease in ping to 77.42.253.xx from usually 37-38ms to 33-34ms today i don't know if this is related to "their maintenance"... however hope we'll get improvements finally!?

Univrsity students and Bac students are in their books now instead of internet so they are releasing  the network

#1906 June 14 2016

dav

vegetaleb wrote:
dav wrote:

Univrsity students and Bac students are in their books now instead of internet so they are releasing  the network

lolest

#1907 June 22 2016

cnour

I don't have Ogero  internet here in the North (near Tripoli). The broadband is On on the router but the internet No. I log in to the modem, it tries to connect but it fails (keep connecting). I tried another modem but same problem. Any idea where is the problem? (Cannot call them since it is late now).

#1908 June 22 2016

Adnan

@cnour
So you don't have DSL in your area and are subscribed to a third party reseller? If so then the best you can do is unplug and plug the router and make sure all cables are connected correctly. Also make sure the router is attempting to connect in its status page.

#1909 June 22 2016

cnour

No, what I mean is that my Ogero internet is stopped working today (we have Ogero and I'm subscribed to the 6MB plan). Suddenly the router cannot connect!!!!!

#1910 June 22 2016

Adnan

Oh okay. Try connecting the modem directly, without the phone. If not try to find any error logs.

#1911 June 22 2016

maulader

Ogero seems to have gone offline since a few hours. Having the same issue since 2 hours or so, I thought it was my router but friends are starting to call me and saying they've been without internet all night.
We live in Jounieh area.

Last edited by maulader (June 22 2016)

#1912 June 22 2016

dav

maulader wrote:

Ogero seems to have gone offline since a few hours. Having the same issue since 2 hours or so, I thought it was my router but friend are starting to call me and saying they've been without internet all night.
We live in Jounieh area.

yepp the dsl syncs but does not connect... same here...

#1913 June 22 2016

chosen2k

Contacted ogero 3 hours ago,  a lot of areas are affected they dont know what is the problem.

#1914 June 23 2016

AVOlio

yesterday internet was down about 10-15 minutes, i tried reconnecting from the router it gave me the "authentication failed error" for 10-15 minutes and then connected.

#1915 June 23 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

I think Ogero is not paying for their own centrals generators servicing, we had these kind of problems with 10 to 30mins internet down every-time the electricity was cut afternoon at Sassine central.
The Ogero big boss is making some economies on generators because he stole all the company's money

#1916 June 24 2016

DG

Anyone having intermittent lag spikes when pinging a server (ex: Google DNS servers) for the past two days ?

#1917 June 24 2016

ironman

DG wrote:

Anyone having intermittent lag spikes when pinging a server (ex: Google DNS servers) for the past two days ?

Yes.

#1918 June 24 2016

dav

DG wrote:

yess somtimes pinging google goes from 37-38 ms to 64-65 ms.... are we gonna say goodbye to dsl soon?

#1919 June 27 2016

DG

What's the matter with Ogero lately ? Ping to Google DNS servers just increased by 30ms today.

**EDIT: Apparently  it's just Google's DNS server as my ping remains unchanged in WoW.

Last edited by DG (June 27 2016)

#1920 June 29 2016

joanyounes

Hi guys. I upgraded a while ago to 6-8 Mbps plan, and getting 6-7 Mbps most of the time, but the upload it's still around 0.38 - 0.45 Mbps,
on ogero website it shows my Plan is 6-8 Mbps Down/512 Kbps Up, is this normal? or i should call them to change it?

#1921 June 29 2016

Adnan

joanyounes wrote:

Hi guys. I upgraded a while ago to 6-8 Mbps plan, and getting 6-7 Mbps most of the time, but the upload it's still around 0.38 - 0.45 Mbps,
on ogero website it shows my Plan is 6-8 Mbps Down/512 Kbps Up, is this normal? or i should call them to change it?

Ogero uses annex A ADSL, the maximum upload speed you can get on any of the ADSL versions using Annex A is 1Mbps.

#1922 June 29 2016

joanyounes

Adnan wrote:
joanyounes wrote:

Ogero uses annex A ADSL, the maximum upload speed you can get on any of the ADSL versions using Annex A is 1Mbps.

Thank you Adnan for your reply. 1 Mbps is better than 512 Kbps. So basically i can call them on 1515 and ask them to make it 1 Mbps instead of 512Kbps. or is it better to email (nrifai)?

#1923 June 29 2016

Adnan

Reading it again, you said that your plan actually is 512Kbps up, so that's the upload speed they're offering with this package. (My Sodetel package explicitly states it has 1Mbps upload)
But you can still call them and try to get an upgrade, I'm not an Ogero customer so I don't know whom you should contact.

#1924 June 29 2016

joanyounes

Thank you. Will try my luck tomorrow.

#1925 July 1 2016

kingindanorf

Guys, I visited Ogero a week ago to upgrade my package from 40GB 2MB to Unlimited 2MB, I got it done and they said the new service will be active at the start of this month.

I logged in today and the quota is restarted as usual but it's still 40 f*cking GB limited, what kind of f*cking service/support does this so called ISP have?
I need the new package urgently this month, anything I can do?

Board footer