LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1851 May 19 2016

ManOwaRR

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Ogero internet down in jdeide, finger crossed they are installing fiber , they said 20 hours maintenance

#1852 May 19 2016

Hamra

DSL is down in Hasbaya, south Lebanon.. miles away from Jdeide :/

#1853 May 19 2016

ManOwaRR

God knows whats going on , its been down since 8 hours now

#1854 May 19 2016

bermudapineapple

ManOwaRR wrote:

Ogero internet down in jdeide, finger crossed they are installing fiber , they said 20 hours maintenance

It has nothing to do with fiber optics. Don't be silly.

#1855 May 19 2016

ManOwaRR

one can only wish in this country right

#1856 May 19 2016

Raficoo

Nothing happening in Saida,
besides if fiber optics were really being installed you'd hear the minister mentioning it all over the place.

#1857 May 19 2016

ManOwaRR

Beside Stable Download Ogero is being crap in online gaming  ping jumped from 80+ to 120+ , long are the days playing from ukraine with 25+ ms 100mb/unlimited for 3$ < surely u will be missed for another 6 months

Last edited by ManOwaRR (May 19 2016)

#1858 May 20 2016

hussam

If they are underground fibre optic lines, then you will probably also see construction work and digging.

#1859 May 22 2016

scorz

I've installed ogero last week. Any idea how to get the admin passwd and/or pppoe usr/passwd?
This technicolor shit sucks. I need a better machine :/.

#1860 May 22 2016

dav

call them tomorrow on 1515 and they will give you the router's password

#1861 May 22 2016

AVOlio

hussam wrote:

If they are underground fibre optic lines, then you will probably also see construction work and digging.

I've previously mentioned in the forums (Don't remember which topic),
but there was a time where i saw everywhere daily, on main streets ,they were digging in order to install some stuff.

And i said could those be fiber optics?

#1862 May 22 2016

Hamra

scorz wrote:

I've installed ogero last week. Any idea how to get the admin passwd and/or pppoe usr/passwd?
This technicolor shit sucks. I need a better machine :/.

This chrome app helped me get my account info from Terranet's Technicolor piece of crap router.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta … nfo-dialog

#1863 May 22 2016

scorz

@Hamra
It didn't work. I'll just call them tomorrow.
Thanks!

#1864 May 23 2016

roudy5

Anyone else has extremely unreliable internet lately ? i'm in jdeideh and in the last 3-4 days my ping goes up to 1200-1300 ms with loads of timeouts..

#1865 May 23 2016

ironman

@roudy5

we all are man, Ogero is unreliable those days.

#1866 May 23 2016

roudy5

@ironman

Oh well.. hope they fix it soon before i finish fallout 4 and run out of offline games

#1867 May 23 2016

scorz

We regret to inform you that , your DSL subscription is "Unlimited", for this reason we apologize to provide the information required.
Regards,

That was ogero's reply..
One more reason to hate this country.

#1868 May 23 2016

user

scorz wrote:

We regret to inform you that , your DSL subscription is "Unlimited", for this reason we apologize to provide the information required.
Regards,

That was ogero's reply..

I have a theory that I want to try out. If you put another client's ppoe username and password in your router, would it work? And would the bandwidth now count towards their account instead of yours? It would be badass if it works... It would explain why they wouldn't give you the data you want.

edit: my admin password for the router used to be ksd100713 (set from ogero) are they randomly generated or is it a pattern? Because it doesn't seem random to me, 3 letters then 6 numbers.

Last edited by user (May 23 2016)

#1869 May 23 2016

ironman

user wrote:
scorz wrote:

Regards,

That was ogero's reply..

I have a theory that I want to try out. If you put another client's ppoe username and password in your router, would it work? And would the bandwidth now count towards their account instead of yours? It would be badass if it works... It would explain why they wouldn't give you the data you want.

edit: my admin password for the router used to be ksd100713 (set from ogero) are they randomly generated or is it a pattern? Because it doesn't seem random to me, 3 letters then 6 numbers.

No it wouldn't because the LNumber is tied to the MacAddress of the Modem (In Ogero's Databases, so you can't connect unless they match)

#1870 May 23 2016

scorz

@ironman Mac address can be spoofed. No big deal..

@user it looks like a pattern i think 100713 looks like a date for me 10/07/2013 ? ksd not sure what.

Edit: pppoe users can't connect at the same time. If X login while Y is in. X will be logged out. So i don't think that's their reason..

Last edited by scorz (May 23 2016)

#1871 May 23 2016

user

10/7/2013 could be when I subscribed again... I do remember it was an october (so maybe it is month/day/year) It could be worth a shot.

Edit: Yes they could be checking phone number sources/mac addresses, but are they? They are not doing anything else correctly...

Last edited by user (May 23 2016)

#1872 May 23 2016

scorz

I see. Well I'll try the hard way to get my info then..

#1873 May 23 2016

Ngel

euhmm guys ?
i tested it like years ago, and it is true. putting someone else user and pass in your ppoe router would make u use his bandwidth, but at the speed of your subscription.
no, its NOT tied to some mac address -.-

#1874 May 23 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

It's not Lebanon, it's Ogero big boss the problem.

Here an article from 2015 http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Business/Lo … -2020.ashx

''Harb said that he has also allocated money for the upgrade of the DSL network in Lebanon by introducing the VDSL2 technology at around 36 centers in Beirut and other Lebanese territories, increasing the Internet speed to between 30 Mbps and 50 Mbps.

“Ogero will soon launch an advertising campaign to inform citizens about this service,” he said.

Yep it was in July 2015 and the ''soon'' still didn't come , seriously Lebanese should protest like they did with the garbage

#1875 May 23 2016

scorz

There is only one way in my mind to do it.
Get an adsl pci/usb modem.
Run a ppp server on my computer.
Plug the modem to it.
Retrieve the usr/password.

Anyone has an idea if this scenario works?

Board footer