LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1826 May 12 2016

thepatcher

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Silentcontrol wrote:

if were you i won't take the unlimited plan it's a scam

Everyone else is saying the opposite, I'm going for it.

Guys is there any way to upgrade without having to visit an Ogero office? If there isn't do they open on Saturdays?

#1827 May 12 2016

ragdoll

I'd suggest going to their office regardless. When I tried the online application it was like shouting in an empty forest.

#1828 May 13 2016

xazbrat

thepatcher wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:

if were you i won't take the unlimited plan it's a scam

Everyone else is saying the opposite, I'm going for it.

Guys is there any way to upgrade without having to visit an Ogero office? If there isn't do they open on Saturdays?

They are open on Saturdays so don't worry about that part (they need to be open to take money).

#1829 May 13 2016

DG

Anyone getting a higher latency than usual while playing games since yesterday night ?

#1830 May 13 2016

Georges00

Same here. Definitely not a scam...

#1831 May 13 2016

Silentcontrol

Georges00 wrote:

May i ask you guys how much ping you get on 8.8.8.8 and how much quota you consume during a month?
I'm talking to the guys that have the unlimited plan

#1832 May 13 2016

hkbazzi

Silentcontrol wrote:
Georges00 wrote:

May i ask you guys how much ping you get on 8.8.8.8 and how much quota you consume during a month?

ping is 43ms to 8.8.8.8, 64ms to bbc.co.uk, and i've consumed 106GB so far and its only may 13th

#1833 May 13 2016

Raficoo

I've been using the 2mbit/s unlimited package since August 2014 and I've never been FUPed or had high pings after downloading alot once(unless there was some international or local connection problems) and I download on average about 150GBs a month so this is definitely not a scam.

Last edited by Raficoo (May 13 2016)

#1834 May 13 2016

silo_m8

I think I'm gonna switch to unlimited.  Thanks for the feedback.

#1835 May 13 2016

az09za90za

silo_m8 wrote:

I think I'm gonna switch to unlimited.  Thanks for the feedback.

i think we all gonna do  im joining the league!

#1836 May 14 2016

AVOlio

Best choices you'll ever make!

#1837 May 14 2016

Georges00

Silentcontrol wrote:
Georges00 wrote:

I can't check the ping right now since I have sisters who are abusing the internet atm.
and I consume alot, it vary from month to month.
But I download games, software, tv shows and watch alot of youtube.
Definitely more than 100gb.
Never been FUP'ed

#1838 May 15 2016

user

Am I the only one here having serious problems with my connection? Half the time I am limited to 512kbps! And the router reboots frequently on its own... It didn't use to be this way.

#1839 May 15 2016

DG

I don't know if it's related to your problem but both myself and my neighbor lost connectivity (4th and 5th modem lights went off) for a few minutes at around 2:00pm. This is the 1st time this happens. Our lines have been upgraded to 2Mbps after they installed an active cabinet closer to our building/area of residence about 3 weeks ago.

#1840 May 15 2016

Ramnesia

What is going on with ogero, from 70ms to 160ms pinging bbc.co.uk and requests timed out.

#1841 May 15 2016

shaybuss

Just heard something interesting I thought I should share. I live in dekwaneh and recently changed from sodetel to ogero. When I applied at the time they told me that I live far from the central in Jdeideh and that they were gonna set the speed to 1mpbs instead of 2 for a more stable connection(and it worked out since I get 80ms in games). When the ogero techinician came to install the router I asked him why the speed is only 1mbps. He told me they tend to set the speed to 1 in this region and that by the end of 2016 they will be installing new cables that will make the speed up to 14mbps. I don't know whether I should believe him or not but he seemed pretty excited when he was telling me.

#1842 May 15 2016

dav

shaybuss wrote:

Just heard something interesting I thought I should share. I live in dekwaneh and recently changed from sodetel to ogero. When I applied at the time they told me that I live far from the central in Jdeideh and that they were gonna set the speed to 1mpbs instead of 2 for a more stable connection(and it worked out since I get 80ms in games). When the ogero techinician came to install the router I asked him why the speed is only 1mbps. He told me they tend to set the speed to 1 in this region and that by the end of 2016 they will be installing new cables that will make the speed up to 14mbps. I don't know whether I should believe him or not but he seemed pretty excited when he was telling me.

why 14mbps exactly? no idea...

#1843 May 16 2016

user

DG wrote:

I don't know if it's related to your problem but both myself and my neighbor lost connectivity (4th and 5th modem lights went off) for a few minutes at around 2:00pm. This is the 1st time this happens. Our lines have been upgraded to 2Mbps after they installed an active cabinet closer to our building/area of residence about 3 weeks ago.

I have had instability when I first requested to be upgraded to 2mbps (about a year ago) it became unstable for around one or 2 months, then it worked great. And then since the whole thing with the illegal internet popped up it has been bad.

Last edited by user (May 18 2016)

#1844 May 16 2016

DG

@user, well the problem I mentioned in my previous post might just be due to power failure in the active cabinet I am linked to because, 5 mins later, everything was back to normal.
I hope they have sensors (temp increase, power failure, etc..) and alarm systems in place and they will fix whatever caused this to happen.

On a lighter note, I agree with Ramnesia. I noticed my ping has increased by 25% since last Friday in all games (WoW, CS...) but I am not experiencing "request timed out" issues so far.

#1845 May 16 2016

AVOlio

shaybuss wrote:

Im in dekwaneh also, and i have 2mbps unlimited.
And i am sure my live can take more.

If Jdeideh is too far, there is a central in Dekwaneh also, in Saloumi.

#1846 May 19 2016

Moudimadi

Hello, anyone of you guys are facing this problem? Every 3 or 4 hours, the internet and dsl lights in my Adsl Modem router get disconnected. Even though my modem is still new. I've got the Linksys x1000. It has the latest firmware installed. Thank you.

#1847 May 19 2016

hkbazzi

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello, anyone of you guys are facing this problem? Every 3 or 4 hours, the internet and dsl lights in my Adsl Modem router get disconnected. Even though my modem is still new. I've got the Linksys x1000. It has the latest firmware installed. Thank you.

that x1000 is the worst modem i've ever tried, its ping is higher than most other even when modulation is on G.DMT. Both ways if u play online, use a new modem. And no I havent been having any drops lately

#1848 May 19 2016

ballad

I had the same one and it does the same thing, so unreliable.
just change it

#1849 May 19 2016

ironman

oh good to hear that, i have the same modem too, and it has a high ping, any recommended modem?

Thanks

#1850 May 19 2016

Georges00

ironman wrote:

oh good to hear that, i have the same modem too, and it has a high ping, any recommended modem?

Thanks

TP-Link

Board footer