LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1201 June 25 2015

DG

Re: Feedback for Ogero

It's very nice considering you only have a few FEC errors (which are corrected errors and are the least important among HEC, CRC and FEC).
I am not sure what units your uptime "7081"is displayed with.
Line Attenuation and SNR Margin are also within a good range.

Last edited by DG (June 25 2015)

#1202 June 26 2015

ghattas.akkad

does ogero gives you the admin username and password for your modem ? or you have to try and crack it with kali?
I want to forward some ports for torrents and game usage as well as manage my mac filter list for the wifi part
what is the ADSL modem wireless brand used by ogero ?
I got my modem configured and delivered today(it is my old modem) I couldn't login with any default password + I got power fried
So I'm heading to get a new one tomorrow

#1203 June 26 2015

vengeance666

ghattas.akkad wrote:

does ogero gives you the admin username and password for your modem ? or you have to try and crack it with kali?
I want to forward some ports for torrents and game usage as well as manage my mac filter list for the wifi part
what is the ADSL modem wireless brand used by ogero ?
I got my modem configured and delivered today(it is my old modem) I couldn't login with any default password + I got power fried
So I'm heading to get a new one tomorrow

What's the brand of that modem ?

And on a side note, anyone facing connection issues now? Some websites like www.boardgamesonline.net seem not to be working properly (works only if I connect through vpn).

Last edited by vengeance666 (June 26 2015)

#1204 June 26 2015

ghattas.akkad

What's the brand of that modem ?

It's the speedtouch modem the black one that sodetel used to offer I had 2 accounts set up on it but ogero seems to have flashed it anyway its all burned up now  after 2 hours of installation I will go to ogero tomorrow and get one of their own

regarding the website:

It's working fine with me

Last edited by ghattas.akkad (June 26 2015)

#1205 June 28 2015

Jaydee

Hey guys i just want to ask, i went to ogero and changed my internet to the unlimited plan on the 25th of this month. Will the service be activated at the end of this month (5 days after the request) or till next month ?

Thanks in advance.

#1206 June 29 2015

ghattas.akkad

Hello,
What are the limitations on the ogero's 2MB unlimited plan what is the maximum download quota and how is it calculated per day
is it really unlimited or is there a FUP or it disconnects at a limit?
what if I download 100-150Gb per month ?

#1207 June 29 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

there's NO fup, limitations.... it is the normal 2mb speed (239kB/s) and very good ping always stable I downloaded 350gb once and NOTHING happened

#1208 June 29 2015

Raficoo

ghattas.akkad wrote:

Hello,
What are the limitations on the ogero's 2MB unlimited plan what is the maximum download quota and how is it calculated per day
is it really unlimited or is there a FUP or it disconnects at a limit?
what if I download 100-150Gb per month ?

As Ahmad said, there is no FUP whatsoever on Ogero's service and the ping is stable throughout the entire day, you shouldn't experience any problem unless you live very very far from the central office

#1209 June 30 2015

ghattas.akkad

no problems till now speed varies between 180-220 which is perfect compared to the 30-50 i was on the last connection
good to hear that there is no fup and limitations I think I downloaded about 30gb in the past 3 days

#1210 July 4 2015

DG

Anyone noticed Ogero's ping is not stable (it fluctuates between the usual values and higher ones).
just noticed this today while playing WoW... so I decided to ping the same address I usually ping and, sure enough, the replies were not all stable/with little jitter.

#1211 July 4 2015

Raficoo

DG wrote:

Anyone noticed Ogero's ping is not stable (it fluctuates between the usual values and higher ones).
just noticed this today while playing WoW... so I decided to ping the same address I usually ping and, sure enough, the replies were not all stable/with little jitter.

Are you sure it's not from your side? my ping is stable as always here, does pinging a site show you tough fluctuations?

#1212 July 4 2015

DG

Yes the replies are not normalized... they are very different.

#1213 July 10 2015

hkbazzi

guys does anyone know how to get OGERO to disable the interleaving on ADSL lines? i called n they told me that i need to email the helpdesk, not sure whats the email address exactly but the guy i spoke to didnt have a clue on wth im talking about.

#1214 July 10 2015

DG

While interleaving makes your ping a bit higher it also makes your line more stable so I'm not sure why you want to disable it.

#1215 July 10 2015

hkbazzi

DG wrote:

While interleaving makes your ping a bit higher it also makes your line more stable so I'm not sure why you want to disable it.

Mode:    G.992.5_Annex_A   
Type:    Interleave
Line Coding:    Enable
Up Time:    123221

Downstream    Upstream
SNR Margin (0.1dB):                  263               271
Attenuation (0.1dB):                  330                190
Output Power (dBm):                  18.0               12.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps):        12148              1175
Rate (Kbps):                         2047               509
D (interleave depth):                   64                 8
Delay (msec):                        12.87             15.78

HEC Errors:    0    0
OCD Errors:    0    0
LCD Errors:    0    0
CRC Errors:    0    0
FEC Errors:    196    3

My connection signal is great for 2mbps plan. i dont need interleaving. ill lower my ping by disabling it for online gaming

#1216 July 11 2015

makhoder

As long as you got a good SNR Margin and not far away from the Centrale you can disable Interleave method without facing any problems. I have it disabled here and get the best pings ^^

#1217 July 11 2015

hkbazzi

Guys can anyone tell me whats the email of ogero customer support.  These guys on the phone r complete shit heads

#1218 July 11 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Yeah i would love to disable interleaving too but if the support on the phone then i won't be able to do that, can somebody give us an advice to what to do here?

#1219 July 11 2015

AVOlio

What is Interleaving, i would like to know how to disable it also if it will make my ping better.
So anyone has a clue?

#1220 July 12 2015

omarmasri

Avolio did you try to change your DNS server ?
look I'm totally inexperienced with this but yesterday I was messing around with my router and chose to change the DNS to the ones from openDNS (they have lots of 222 220... google them). My pings then became 60-80. I'm not with ogero so I don't know what effect it might have with ogero. I am with a local cable guy.

Was that a coincidence or did thr DNS actually affect my pings ?

#1221 July 12 2015

NuclearVision

Dns has nothing to do with ping.
Basically, dns is the server that translates google.com to xx.xx.xx..

#1222 July 12 2015

omarmasri

yea I know I just figured out that my stupid isp gave me a day of good internet. Today my ping is 170-190. It's okay yesterday was a good day of BF4.

I knew what the DNS would do but I didn't know if it was totally unrelated to the ping.

#1223 July 12 2015

makhoder

I already made the change from interleave to fast like 3 times, (due to speed upgrades), 2 of them was through and 1 was through email.

#1224 July 12 2015

hkbazzi

Whats the email? Which ISP are you on?

#1225 July 12 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

which email? you with ogero? did they call you later or something or you just sent them an email and they did it?

Board footer