LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#651 August 5 2014

ILIA_93

Re: Feedback for Ogero

The slowdowns are getting really annoying, whatever they are doing there, things are keep getting messier....

#652 August 5 2014

Salah

Are all the people experiencing slow downs on the unlimited?

#653 August 5 2014

applelover

Everyone is experiencing slow downs.

#654 August 5 2014

Raficoo

applelover wrote:

Everyone is experiencing slow downs.

Not me, everything seems to be normal as far as I can see. Downloaded about 4GBs today and no slowdowns or high pings.

Last edited by Raficoo (August 5 2014)

#655 August 5 2014

trent

No slow downs here that I've noticed.
I'm NOT on an unlimited plan.

#656 August 6 2014

maulader

No slowdown here either and i'm on limited plan.

I do have a question tho, all those who are on unlimited plan, are you getting 2mb speed? if yes, did you already have that speed or higher before the upgrade or were you upgraded from the 1mb plan to 2mb?

#657 August 6 2014

Raficoo

maulader wrote:

No slowdown here either and i'm on limited plan.

I do have a question tho, all those who are on unlimited plan, are you getting 2mb speed? if yes, did you already have that speed or higher before the upgrade or were you upgraded from the 1mb plan to 2mb?

I'm on unlimited but I'm still on 1mb since Ogero said my area doesn't support more than 1 mb for now, not until they "change the wires" and god knows when that'll be. The speed before I got unlimited so far seems to match the speeds I'm getting now.

#658 August 6 2014

chassis

i'm on the unlimited plan and everything is normal here, exactly like it was on the limited plan (2mb 20gb)

i have downloaded 20gb so far

Last edited by chassis (August 6 2014)

#659 August 6 2014

ILIA_93

It's weird, I can ping any website from the cmd window, so there's an Internet connection, but I can't use it. There's no Internet on laptops, phones, I just can't open any page in any browser, or use applications that need Internet. What's driving me nuts is that I can open only Gmail and Google play under https connection, and only these two. Any other http or https session is not possible. Anyone experiencing this, or has any idea what may be wrong?

#660 August 6 2014

Adnan

Try using another DNS server.

#661 August 6 2014

ILIA_93

I called 1515, and there's a recorded message about some sort of maintenance. I think that's why :/

#662 August 6 2014

trent

I agree with Adnan, at the very least add some other public DNS as back up to your router settings, if you don't want to completely avoid Ogero DNS servers. The issue you're describing could potentially be DNS related, although the ping command seems to be managing to resolve to "some" IP (do the resolved IPs seem right to you?)

I didn't notice any issues tonight, but I do have a combo Level-3 and Google DNS setup.

Here's a good list of public DNS's (check the footnotes): http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstrick … ervers.htm

#663 August 7 2014

ILIA_93

I've tried that, both on Ogero's DNS server and Google public DNS servers I had the same issue. I think it was some sort of congestion, since I actually could open some web pages, even lebgeeks, like I can get to this page, but when I'm about to post the internet is gone again. It kept getting better and better, around midnight I could load webpages completely, but it will drop again. Until after 1AM, finally the internet was normal again. It's not like it suddenly came back, but progressively, I don't have any torrents, or anyone on my wi-fi network. For me, I think I was on congested server, although I tried to resync multiple times to ADSL1 and 2+, it gave the same too.
Thank you guys for your help, really appreciated :)

#664 August 7 2014

trent

ILIA_93, which CO are you connected to?
Maybe other members here on the same CO might help pinpoint the source if they are experiencing any similar issues around the same time periods.

For me on Hamra CO there hasn't been any noticeable severe issues like you're describing since the supposed upgrades started on July 1st.

#665 August 7 2014

ILIA_93

I'm connected to the Chiyah CO, I had similar but shorter down times even before the upgrades. I thought it was my router at first, but I don't think it is. It also may be my line :/ My attenuation isn't the best out there. But the biggest chance is a congestion, the problem always appear right after 8PM - 9PM, sometime it's for less an hour, and yesterday lasted until 1AM.

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:	27,5 / 50,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:	21,0 / 27,5

Edit:
The problem just appeared again, I called them, and the one who answered directly told me it's a problem from their side, and that I should just wait for them to fix it. I'm sure now it's an overload on their DSLAM or something. And what's great, that I can't do anything, and all I got from the tech guy is to "wait for a week or so"! I think I'll go buy some gasoline and burn myself....

Last edited by ILIA_93 (August 7 2014)

#666 August 8 2014

NuclearVision

Did you guys actually receive the speed upgrades yet? Some people are saying that no, it only shows up on consumption page without any real speed upgrade.

#667 August 8 2014

NuclearVision

@ilia save the gasoline's price and move to a flat closer to the CO . No really... internet won't be that great until they replace those copper wires with fibers( I am not sure if that's even possible). Or give everyone wireless internet, like most resellers, who differ by selling very bad cached, sluggish and unstable internet...

#668 August 8 2014

trent

NuclearVision wrote:

Did you guys actually receive the speed upgrades yet? Some people are saying that no, it only shows up on consumption page without any real speed upgrade.

I was already on 2mbps before upgrades, and I'm sticking with it. So no upgrade expected here.
The other plans' pricing is a rip off compared to the 2mbps-40GB.

#669 August 8 2014

Raficoo

NuclearVision wrote:

I'm on unlimited, but still 1mbit/s until they "change the wires" to the area. Ah there's a user here that lives to the area next to my area and he has 2mbit/s, such is fairness..

#670 August 8 2014

vengeance666

Nope still on 1mbps , and still shows as 1mbit on the consumption. Only thing that was done is increasing the cap from 10 to 40 gb. And it's not me because the entire town is facing the same thing .. and well I almost live in the CO basement and I got excellent line stats , they can't blame me.

#671 August 9 2014

karimo

same as vengeance. i live ~300m away from the CO and iam still getting 1mbps. just the cap increased

#672 August 9 2014

Earthmaster

Hey guys i have a wierd problem i live 3KM away from Jdeydeh's CO and i used to have an attenuation of 45 DB. In the last couple of months my download attenuation rose a lot from 45 DB to 53DB to 56DB and now it sitting at 61.5DB is that normal? 3KM away from the CO and i get 61.5DB attenuation. I have had the 2mbit plan since march 2014 and my speed is very stable but such a high attenuation meana i can never upgrade again. Does anyone know what i should do? Or if there is any reason to this rise ?

#673 August 11 2014

Ramnesia

guys my unlimited plan telling me i exceeded with 59.6GB

#674 August 11 2014

Raficoo

Ramnesia wrote:

I've had the same thing since day 1 of the unlimited package. I took screen shots of my account and submitted a case to Ogero(since they deal mostly with technical problems and not account based in Saida) but still call 1515 and report this, if not do what I did. I doubt we'll pay that extra crazy sum in the end but better safe than sorry.

EDIT: Just checked my account, they fixed mine! That was fast!

Last edited by Raficoo (August 11 2014)

#675 August 11 2014

Ramnesia

Raficoo wrote:
Ramnesia wrote:

I've had the same thing since day 1 of the unlimited package. I took screen shots of my account and submitted a case to Ogero(since they deal mostly with technical problems and not account based in Saida) but still call 1515 and report this, if not do what I did. I doubt we'll pay that extra crazy sum in the end but better safe than sorry.

EDIT: Just checked my account, they fixed mine! That was fast!

yeah i did call them and they said do not worry about it we are still updating the website, but in my situation when they first change it it was unlimited  until today.

Board footer