LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3551 last month

Moudimadi
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

xazbrat wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

I saw them maybe a month ago near kareems bakery on the main road towards the turn to Hassan mosque.  I haven't seen anyone since, but have seen a few of their vehicles around---just not doing work that I could see.  You are lucky---my max speed here according to Ogero is 3mb---you are lucky to be getting 16 in our area.

Hello again. I hope you'll get faster speeds very soon. Im getting 13 to 14 mbit max on speedtest but inside the router it's sometimes 16 sometimes 17. i dont know why im not getting all the speed. Maybe because it's not a dedicated connection. Anyway i hope we get FTTC as soon as possible because we need it in our area. I live beside doha pharmacy. same building of radwan market i dont know if you know it. The cabinet is very near to the building i live in.

You live up on the other side of Aramoun---that big cabinet in Aramoun near Sousa seems to have been made for the 'sakanheh' and you seem to be recipient being on the road to it.  I live down near Blom and we don't get anywhere near those speeds here.  Hopefully that changes soon.

Hello xazbrat. I need a favor. Can you please ping to google servers? 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 and please give me the ms results? Are you on interleave fast mode too? Thank you

Offline

#3552 last month

Moudimadi
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Can someone living in Dawhet Aramoun reply to me please?

Offline

#3553 last month

Moudimadi
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hello all, Ogero called me telling me you should go to mina lhosn to fix CPE inside your dsl modem router! What is CPE? and how can i fix it alone without going there? Thank you.

Last edited by Moudimadi (last month)

Offline

#3554 last month

duke-of-bytes
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello all, Ogero called me telling me you should go to mina lhosn to fix CPE inside your dsl modem router! What is CPE? and how can i fix it alone without going there? Thank you.

This doesnt make sense..in networking a cpe is customer-premises equipment or customer-provided equipment..meaning your modem or router..antenna perhaps etc ..maybe they meant the filter or your adsl modem needs reconfiguration ?

Offline

#3555 last month

Moudimadi
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

duke-of-bytes wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

Hello all, Ogero called me telling me you should go to mina lhosn to fix CPE inside your dsl modem router! What is CPE? and how can i fix it alone without going there? Thank you.

This doesnt make sense..in networking a cpe is customer-premises equipment or customer-provided equipment..meaning your modem or router..antenna perhaps etc ..maybe they meant the filter or your adsl modem needs reconfiguration ?

I dont know he just told me go to them and tell them to fix the CPE. I went last time they reconfigured the router and i did twice myself. There is still a problem in it. I'm really lost

Offline

#3556 last month

duke-of-bytes
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Moudimadi wrote:
duke-of-bytes wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

Hello all, Ogero called me telling me you should go to mina lhosn to fix CPE inside your dsl modem router! What is CPE? and how can i fix it alone without going there? Thank you.

This doesnt make sense..in networking a cpe is customer-premises equipment or customer-provided equipment..meaning your modem or router..antenna perhaps etc ..maybe they meant the filter or your adsl modem needs reconfiguration ?

I dont know he just told me go to them and tell them to fix the CPE. I went last time they reconfigured the router and i did twice myself. There is still a problem in it. I'm really lost

Then he meant they will either change or reconfigure your modem(cpe)

Offline

#3557 last month

Moudimadi
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

duke-of-bytes wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
duke-of-bytes wrote:

This doesnt make sense..in networking a cpe is customer-premises equipment or customer-provided equipment..meaning your modem or router..antenna perhaps etc ..maybe they meant the filter or your adsl modem needs reconfiguration ?

I dont know he just told me go to them and tell them to fix the CPE. I went last time they reconfigured the router and i did twice myself. There is still a problem in it. I'm really lost

Then he meant they will either change or reconfigure your modem(cpe)

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help.

Offline

#3558 last month

Kareem
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

So I called today someone at Ogero and asked him about Mathaf area as I need to know about the fiber thing plans... He said you can fill an application ( he needs 4 signature from residents ) and we will install you the fiber box in the building.

He clarified that we should pay 289,000 LL ( one time fee / deferred payment possible over 10 months  ) . It will be FTTH not FTTC.

And once the box is set, another " company " will get in touch with me to do the wiring from cabinet to home for $133 USD.

Anybody went through the process ? if yes anybody knows which FTTH modem they're using ?

Offline

#3559 5 weeks ago

kfc
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Kareem wrote:

And once the box is set, another " company " will get in touch with me to do the wiring from cabinet to home for $133 USD.

do you mean from the building to the apartment?

Offline

#3560 5 weeks ago

Kareem
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

kfc wrote:
Kareem wrote:

And once the box is set, another " company " will get in touch with me to do the wiring from cabinet to home for $133 USD.

do you mean from the building to the apartment?

Yes. not sure which company exactly as he didn't specify.

Offline

#3561 4 weeks ago

Mylo89
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Is there any option on MyOgero app to reduce the speed if you exceed your monthly data cap ?

Offline

#3562 4 weeks ago

bobo619
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Mylo89 wrote:

Is there any option on MyOgero app to reduce the speed if you exceed your monthly data cap ?

It is easier and more convenient to got a router that has bandwidth limiter and hook it up to the modem. Maybe next month you want the speed

Last edited by bobo619 (4 weeks ago)

Offline

#3563 4 weeks ago

Mylo89
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Well i meant to reduce the speed just till the last day of the month to avoid excess in the data cap exceeded, but anyways thanks for the tip!

bobo619 wrote:
Mylo89 wrote:

Is there any option on MyOgero app to reduce the speed if you exceed your monthly data cap ?

It is easier and more convenient to got a router that has bandwidth limiter and hook it up to the modem. Maybe next month you want the speed

Offline

#3564 3 weeks ago

Ramim91
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

No internet connection on Fiber - Ras Beirut Center Anyone?

Offline

#3565 2 weeks ago

DG
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Anyone with Ogero experiencing high ping and/or slow speeds in the past few days ?

Offline

#3566 1 weeks ago

DG
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

The ping on Ogero DSL practically doubled tonight. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Offline

#3567 6 days ago

Azachariou
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Not on my end, pretty stable on VDSL in office and ADSL at home

Offline

#3568 6 days ago

nuclearcat
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

There is problem with Ogero backbone latency, affecting ISPs and probably SOME Ogero customers.

Last edited by nuclearcat (6 days ago)

Offline

#3569 6 days ago

DG
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Azachariou yeah as Nuclearcat mentioned... it seems it's only affecting some customers.
Thanks Nuclearcat for the clarification.

Offline

#3570 4 days ago

ManOwaRR
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

the internet became 10x worst since they announced that crappy fiber project  which they keep on delaying =)) .

i'm an ogero customer for few years now and never  i have seen modem restarting couple of times  a day . it's laughable   when things should be improving  they get worst  , lebanon at best :

Offline

#3571 4 days ago

ahk40a
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

ManOwaRR wrote:

the internet became 10x worst since they announced that crappy fiber project  which they keep on delaying =)) .

i'm an ogero customer for few years now and never  i have seen modem restarting couple of times  a day . it's laughable   when things should be improving  they get worst  , lebanon at best :

That is true, the quality of the internet is degrading in the past couple months. Unfortunately, the exact reason is unknown. As it is planned to have FTTC/VDSL, I am going to invest a bit early in changing the modem.

In your case, and as what I understood from you, when a modem restarts for no good reason this means that the modem is faulty and has to be replaced. One fact to take into consideration, some modems provides access to Ogero's technical team for remote support and adjustments. This could be another reason for such issue, but as they have recently added this feature on new modems, I doubt this is the case for you.

Offline

#3572 4 days ago

ManOwaRR
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

ahk40a wrote:
ManOwaRR wrote:

the internet became 10x worst since they announced that crappy fiber project  which they keep on delaying =)) .

i'm an ogero customer for few years now and never  i have seen modem restarting couple of times  a day . it's laughable   when things should be improving  they get worst  , lebanon at best :

That is true, the quality of the internet is degrading in the past couple months. Unfortunately, the exact reason is unknown. As it is planned to have FTTC/VDSL, I am going to invest a bit early in changing the modem.

In your case, and as what I understood from you, when a modem restarts for no good reason this means that the modem is faulty and has to be replaced. One fact to take into consideration, some modems provides access to Ogero's technical team for remote support and adjustments. This could be another reason for such issue, but as they have recently added this feature on new modems, I doubt this is the case for you.

well  that's what i thought at first , so i went to central and bought  ogero  modem  just for the sake  of trying  , same result ,  modem  keeps restarting for unknown reason , i called them few    times , my line is great blah blah blah no issue so i gave up     , it's just a waste of time dealing with them after all it's lebanon  we  have seen that before nothing new . :

Offline

#3573 3 days ago

stief96
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

ManOwaRR wrote:

the internet became 10x worst since they announced that crappy fiber project  which they keep on delaying =)) .

i'm an ogero customer for few years now and never  i have seen modem restarting couple of times  a day . it's laughable   when things should be improving  they get worst  , lebanon at best :

well,i also noticed that my tp link vr900 is having massive packets error (250 000 per hour) and frequent adsl disconnect.This started to happen the day they started to install fiber optic cable in our street (Aisha Bakar area).called them and they claimed that the errors are because of faulty modem or filter (as usual).
I installed my old thomson modem on the side of dsl and vr900 working as dhcp router.Errors decreased to 120 000 per day.

This was my only solution till fiber box in my building is activated by the end of this year.

funny thing ,speed is limited to 50 Mbps over fiber (ogero and private ISPs),so you don't need to install fiber to your home and use fiber modem (of cost 210$ or more ).
as long as fiber is connected to your building,you can still use your old copper cable and activate VDSL to get the same speed (50 Mbps).

Offline

#3574 6 hours ago

new_user
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Why are Ogero's unlimited plans more expensive than those of other ISPs?
4M unlimited is for 60$ at Ogero while it is for 40$ at Idm/ cyberia/ sodetel

Offline

#3575 5 hours ago

nuclearcat
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Why to bother, none of them truly unlimited and all have sorts of FUP or restrictions. Government prices for dedicated capacity is several times higher, add also on expenses on last-mile, equipment, licenses, personnel...
Ogero has not yet limited its tariffs in matters of FUP and etc, but rather because it does not know how to do this and they are not concerned about the issue of squandering government money and fair competition, they are not bothered about being profitable in this matter. (therefore unlimited at ogero is semi-dedicated in most of cases)
I advise you to ask for details about FUP before connecting. If you use not much traffic, but just do not want to receive additional bills at the end of the month, then "unlimited" from some ISP is fine for you.
If you expect to buy unlimited and use it 100% 24/7 - Ogero.

Offline

Board footer