LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3401 January 13 2019

xazbrat

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Adnan wrote:

Thanks for the information @Truepeace. How much did the electrician cost you? On which floor do you live? He seems knowledgeable, does he work around Tripoli?

Before you go forward with this, make sure the problem is solvable by installing another line.  Go down into the electrical room where the room telephone lines come in and test the line there and connect your modem there and check the stats, run the elevator etc.  I first did that then went out and put the time and money into getting using a CAT6 cable.  I also found out that if I connect the line to any other of the internal lines in the house, my signal degrades to shit, so the potential is there for more than one problem to deal with.

The last problem I will be getting someone else to address in the next few months as it will require significantly more time and money than the line I have installed now.

#3402 January 13 2019

Truepeace

Adnan wrote:

Thanks for the information @Truepeace. How much did the electrician cost you? On which floor do you live? He seems knowledgeable, does he work around Tripoli?

Around 130 000 LL. I live on the second floor.
They're not so knowledgeable, it took a year+ until I got this problem fixed. I had to make sure of the issue myself since they're so lazy to do all this work or to do tests themselves, so I started by monitoring the CRC errors especially when using the elevator, using the modem on UPS only, testing with/without filters and home telephones etc... then do my research on the potential solutions (changing cables, separating cables), then explain it to 3 electricians who kept delaying me until one told me to get other cables than the one I had, and then the one who worked originally on the electricity of the building finally agreed to do what I suggested so I doubt he'll go into your area since he barely came to my home.

Last edited by Truepeace (January 13 2019)

#3403 January 13 2019

GeorgesHanna

you can get an external filter I don't think it's available here and you can connect the whole house and signal will be not degraded

xazbrat wrote:
Adnan wrote:

Before you go forward with this, make sure the problem is solvable by installing another line.  Go down into the electrical room where the room telephone lines come in and test the line there and connect your modem there and check the stats, run the elevator etc.  I first did that then went out and put the time and money into getting using a CAT6 cable.  I also found out that if I connect the line to any other of the internal lines in the house, my signal degrades to shit, so the potential is there for more than one problem to deal with.

The last problem I will be getting someone else to address in the next few months as it will require significantly more time and money than the line I have installed now.

#3404 January 13 2019

Moudimadi

Heyy guys, I bought the TP-Link Archer VR400 from like 2 weeks. It has both Adsl/Vdsl.I'm an Ogero subscriber. i know that where i live doesn't have vdsl yet. I live in Doha Aramoun getting dsl thru central khaldeh.Anyway my question is that when vdsl will be available will ogero configure my new modem to get vdsl? I saw inside my modem the dsl modulation type there is VDSL2 inside it. I turned it on to try if it works. the dsl and internet lights didn't turn on. so i put it on auto sync-up. it worked again and gives  me adsl_2plus. i Have 13 mbit download and 1 mbit upload. So if you please can help me a little bit about vdsl thing. and if i can configure vdsl alone when it's available in my area without going to mina al hosn. Thank you so much guys.

#3405 January 13 2019

Adnan

xazbrat wrote:
Adnan wrote:

Thank you. I have made the preliminary checks with an electrician in the past.

1-The cable runs through the منور البناية.
2-There are no errors when I tested it with an electrician on the telephone box directly. The problem is probably from higher floors. I live on the 5th out of 7.
3-The cable that runs to the منور arrives through my home's bathroom window. I connected the modem directly to it to eliminate internal house wiring and it changed nothing.

What can I do?

#3406 January 13 2019

AVOlio

Moudimadi wrote:

Heyy guys, I bought the TP-Link Archer VR400 from like 2 weeks. It has both Adsl/Vdsl.I'm an Ogero subscriber. i know that where i live doesn't have vdsl yet. I live in Doha Aramoun getting dsl thru central khaldeh.Anyway my question is that when vdsl will be available will ogero configure my new modem to get vdsl? I saw inside my modem the dsl modulation type there is VDSL2 inside it. I turned it on to try if it works. the dsl and internet lights didn't turn on. so i put it on auto sync-up. it worked again and gives  me adsl_2plus. i Have 13 mbit download and 1 mbit upload. So if you please can help me a little bit about vdsl thing. and if i can configure vdsl alone when it's available in my area without going to mina al hosn. Thank you so much guys.

If they successfully changed your port to vdsl
You can just switch the modulation type in your router to vdsl and it will work.

#3407 January 14 2019

Mayyad

AVOlio wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

If they successfully changed your port to vdsl
You can just switch the modulation type in your router to vdsl and it will work.

When they implement fttc your port will be automatically turned to vdsl, then you can change the modulation type to vdsl.

#3408 January 14 2019

ahk40a

Moudimadi wrote:

Where in Dohat-Aramoun do you live exactly? Till date only Bchamoun is not in FTTC with speeds up to 80Mbps. Khaldeh's CO was scheduled by the end of 2018 but now it is postponed till Q2 of 2019. But this ofcourse requires steps to apply it to the CO. As you would possibly notice this CO covers a vast area starting from Bchamoun, Dohat Aramoun, Khalde, an area in Dohat Al Huss and maybe till Almabarra area.

Just for you to know if Ogero are working or not, monitor the roads for those small cabinets (grey) with steel rods (black & yellow) in front of them. Once they change those cabinets to White Cabinets with the new Ogero's logo on the front of the door, it means that they are installing the new cabinets.

In Dohat we have an active cabinet installed in 2017 in Bazerkan Street near Salon Tala.

#3409 January 14 2019

ahk40a

xazbrat wrote:
Adnan wrote:

I faced the same issue at my sister's house, if I connect the internal sockets the quality degrades and I can get a max of 2Mbps. Once I disconnected the internal sockets it peaked at 7Mbps. Noting that the line could handle the speed of 14Mbps, but as we are connected to an active cabinets, all users are capped with a speed of 7Mbps.

Always make sure of the quality of the termination of the cables, indoor and outdoor ones. 99% of times the telephone cables are pulled using the tubes / conduits shared with electrical cables that have inductive loads or capacitive depending on the appliances that causes cross talk and noise to the cable.

You can try something with Ogero, and I have the same honestly, when we had the Dial-up connection we had an extra line dedicated for the dialup. In this case, and when we upgraded to DSL, we had the DSL separated from the phone line. You can do the same and be able to connect the internal home sockets for voice only.

#3410 January 14 2019

Moudimadi

ahk40a wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

Where in Dohat-Aramoun do you live exactly? Till date only Bchamoun is not in FTTC with speeds up to 80Mbps. Khaldeh's CO was scheduled by the end of 2018 but now it is postponed till Q2 of 2019. But this ofcourse requires steps to apply it to the CO. As you would possibly notice this CO covers a vast area starting from Bchamoun, Dohat Aramoun, Khalde, an area in Dohat Al Huss and maybe till Almabarra area.

Just for you to know if Ogero are working or not, monitor the roads for those small cabinets (grey) with steel rods (black & yellow) in front of them. Once they change those cabinets to White Cabinets with the new Ogero's logo on the front of the door, it means that they are installing the new cabinets.

In Dohat we have an active cabinet installed in 2017 in Bazerkan Street near Salon Tala.

I live in main street in Dohat Aramoun and i'll be waiting for VDSL to be eligible in my area.

#3411 January 16 2019

acid

ahk40a wrote:

... but as we are connected to an active cabinets, all users are capped with a speed of 7Mbps. ...

Why are users who are connected to active cabinets capped to less than their max attainable speed?

I can get ~18 Mbps per my router's dsl Max bandwidth info, but I'm only getting something between 4 and 8 Mbps actual speed. Note that my current data rate (per the router) is ~17 Mbps.

DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.080 / 18.192
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 975 / 17.760
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 28,83 / 382,53
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,0 / 20,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 16,5 / 22,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 10,5 / 10,5

Edit: Added the router's DSL info

Last edited by acid (January 16 2019)

#3412 January 17 2019

ahk40a

acid wrote:
ahk40a wrote:

... but as we are connected to an active cabinets, all users are capped with a speed of 7Mbps. ...

Why are users who are connected to active cabinets capped to less than their max attainable speed?

I can get ~18 Mbps per my router's dsl Max bandwidth info, but I'm only getting something between 4 and 8 Mbps actual speed. Note that my current data rate (per the router) is ~17 Mbps.

Well, that is a question to raise it to Ogero, especially Mr. Imad Kreidieh. But it could be related to fact that the Active Room deployed in Dohat-Aramoun uses the old DSLAM with a limited bandwidth. If that is the case, they will tend to throttle the speed such to avoid congestion and loss of packets.

On the other hand, I wonder why they still calculate the traffic that we use to access local websites or applications. As long as we are not using the international gateway, all those data should not be considered in the data cap. For instance, doing speedtest on MIC1, MIC2, Masconet, Ogero etc. consumes around 100MB of data noting that this is hosted locally in Lebanon. All of this data should not be calculated as part of the CAP. Also, YouTube, which could be sometimes part of Google Cache, it shouldn't be considered as well.
This issues is applicable on all ISPs and Mobile providers. I believe there was a legislation called BEIRUT IX for this topic.

#3413 January 18 2019

Mayyad

acid wrote:
ahk40a wrote:

Well I have the same issue but with vdsl, I am using vr900 and the downstream usually is 106mbps on router's page, the actual download speed is no more than 70mbps.
I tested it on both wifi bands and also wired always the same result +/- 5mbps.
I dont know if it is a router issue, but overall I am happy with this speed but i just want to know why is this happening.

#3414 January 18 2019

wollyka

Mayyad wrote:
acid wrote:
ahk40a wrote:

Well I have the same issue but with vdsl, I am using vr900 and the downstream usually is 106mbps on router's page, the actual download speed is no more than 70mbps.
I tested it on both wifi bands and also wired always the same result +/- 5mbps.
I dont know if it is a router issue, but overall I am happy with this speed but i just want to know why is this happening.

Most probably you are capped.

#3415 January 26 2019

Mayyad

For 2 days the download at night is very low while upload is normal, anybody having same issue?
I am having vdsl and normaly download speed is about 70mbps and uplaod 35mbps.
For 2 days the download speed is 8mbps at night. While the router rate is 105000 kbps.

#3416 January 26 2019

HzSamer

Mayyad wrote:

For 2 days the download at night is very low while upload is normal, anybody having same issue?
I am having vdsl and normaly download speed is about 70mbps and uplaod 35mbps.
For 2 days the download speed is 8mbps at night. While the router rate is 105000 kbps.

same here but i have 15mbps ADSL, the browsing speed is not that good.

I thought there is a problem with my router or something else.

#3417 February 9 2019

achkar

Hey guys, does anyone know the format of the PPPOE username? When I last had it, it was LXXXXXX@ogeronet-6M.com

#3418 February 9 2019

xazbrat

achkar wrote:

Hey guys, does anyone know the format of the PPPOE username? When I last had it, it was LXXXXXX@ogeronet-6M.com

Mine is @ogeronet-256.com

#3419 February 10 2019

Elitism Guru

achkar wrote:

LXXXXXX@ogeronet-1M.com

#3420 February 10 2019

Georges01

anyone else not being able to access twitch on ogero dsl? its working normally on touch 4g

#3421 February 10 2019

eWizzard

Georges01 wrote:

anyone else not being able to access twitch on ogero dsl? its working normally on touch 4g

It says "Site can't be reached" for me, but I'm receiving push notifications for the app. Hopefully this isn't some sort of dumb censorship move; I have subscriptions there that I won't be able to cancel if that's the case.

#3422 February 10 2019

eWizzard

Twitch.tv and Smashcast.tv are both inaccessible. Mixer is still open.

#3423 February 10 2019

DG

Anyone affiliated with Antelias` CO experiencing loss of DSL connectivity every time a strong / nearby lightning strikes ?
Happened twice today and when I called 1515 the lady on the other end of the line said it's a general problem, not just at my end.

#3424 February 10 2019

jaqen h'ghar

Iv'e experienced the same issues too, but the VPN fixed it.

#3425 February 10 2019

Raficoo

I also just found out I can't access Twitch on my Ogero DSL connection, but seems Alfa's 4G can open it, I wonder what's up with that

Board footer